Beiersdorf

Relevance Date Difficulty

Beyond Borders Trainee Interview

Beyond Borders Trainee

Interviewed at Beiersdorf

Interview Details – First step included online CV and motivation.
Second Step was an HR interview by Phone
Third Step was an inhouse Assessment Centre and Online tests

Interview Question – HR interview was mainly focused on why you choose certain things, e.g. Why did you go to your University or did that study. Also questions about how you work in teams with different nationalities. You can expect basic competency questions like "show an example of leadership". They focus on international experience, teamwork, leadership skills and your interest in the company/the industry.

The assessment day had a individual conversation, group discussion, 1-1 role play, individual presentation
  Answer Question

Beyond Borders Trainee Interview

Beyond Borders Trainee
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and interviewed at Beiersdorf.

Interview Details – Applied online, then got selected to complete the online tests.

Interview Question – Everything was quite common and not difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beiersdorf in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application-Phone interview

Interview Question – Technical questions about digital   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Beginning date is negotiable. Very good intern experience. High degree of autonomy in carrying out your own tasks.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regional Brand Manager Interview

Regional Brand Manager
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Beiersdorf.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter, and apparently Beirsdorf loved my profile and experience after working in brand management in the FMCG world for 9 years. I got the call almost immediately to interview. The interview process was very rigorous, and structured. 3 online tests: verbal, quantitative, and a personality test. Once I completed, and successfully passed those, I received a call to go to their offices to meet with the HR manager for an interview. It lasted an hour and a half, very standard (questions about my work experience, examples I had to give of various situations, why Beiersdorf and how I can add value to them etc..). Here is also where I asked about their package, and their benefits. A week later I was called in to meet with the Marketing Director. And the offer was made.

Interview Question – I was being challenged on my first ever job (10 years ago!!) on how I took over a role as an Assistant Brand Manager when the Brand Manager was on maternity leave - why I didn't get promoted immediately as a BM after 1 yr!   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 1) Their packages are EXTREMELY low and uncompetitive. 2) People / personal training and development is very weak compared to leading FMCGs 3) Pace of progression / getting promoted to the next level, is extremely slow. The marketing director had been in the company for 25 yrs and is only at a Mktg director level. Whereas other leader FMCGs, you reach that same level after 15 yrs. In 25 years you're a VP for an entire geography.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Beiersdorf in October 2007.

Interview Details – 1. Online tests (quantitative + personality)
2. Phone interview
3. 1:1 interview
4. Assessment Center (group work, presentation, additional interview)

Interview Question – Beiersdorf's annual sales of deodorant in German market   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Beiersdorf? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beiersdorf interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Beiersdorf employees and interview candidates.