Beiersdorf Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.9

Brand Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Beiersdorf.

Very quick and efficient process, got contacted and put through immediately. Also quick with getting back - don't keep you waiting weeks! German efficiency in swing :)

There's a screening + basic SAT based online test + interview with function + interview with HR

They usually inform you what to come prepared for - mostly situational/behavioral interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beiersdorf in December 2014.

Classical motivations questions such as why us? why this function? what role do you usually play in a team? Tell me about a time you had problems in a team. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? and in 10? What are your main skills? Describe yourself in three words. What was the last time you failed in something?

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beiersdorf in June 2014.

When you apply directly from Beiersdorf website, and when they are quick and interested, it only takes around one week to receive invitation for online test(Cut-e test). Two main parts: including Personality and IQ/Intelligent Tests.

Beyond Borders Trainee Interview

First step included online CV and motivation.
    Second Step was an HR interview by Phone
    Third Step was an inhouse Assessment Centre and Online tests

Interview Questions
    • HR interview was mainly focused on why you choose certain things, e.g. Why did you go to your University or did that study. Also questions about how you work in teams with different nationalities. You can expect basic competency questions like "show an example of leadership". They focus on international experience, teamwork, leadership skills and your interest in the company/the industry.

The assessment day had a individual conversation, group discussion, 1-1 role play, individual presentation

Answer Question

Trainee Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at Beiersdorf.

Ich bewarb mich online und wurde dann ausgewählt, um Online-Tests zu absolvieren.

Applied online, then got selected to complete the online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Alles war ziemlich normal und nicht schwer.   Everything was quite common and not difficult.   Answer Question

Regional Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Beiersdorf.

I went through a recruiter, and apparently Beirsdorf loved my profile and experience after working in brand management in the FMCG world for 9 years. I got the call almost immediately to interview. The interview process was very rigorous, and structured. 3 online tests: verbal, quantitative, and a personality test. Once I completed, and successfully passed those, I received a call to go to their offices to meet with the HR manager for an interview. It lasted an hour and a half, very standard (questions about my work experience, examples I had to give of various situations, why Beiersdorf and how I can add value to them etc..). Here is also where I asked about their package, and their benefits. A week later I was called in to meet with the Marketing Director. And the offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • I was being challenged on my first ever job (10 years ago!!) on how I took over a role as an Assistant Brand Manager when the Brand Manager was on maternity leave - why I didn't get promoted immediately as a BM after 1 yr!   View Answer

1) Their packages are EXTREMELY low and uncompetitive. 2) People / personal training and development is very weak compared to leading FMCGs 3) Pace of progression / getting promoted to the next level, is extremely slow. The marketing director had been in the company for 25 yrs and is only at a Mktg director level. Whereas other leader FMCGs, you reach that same level after 15 yrs. In 25 years you're a VP for an entire geography.

Praktikant Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beiersdorf in May 2012.

Online-Bewerbung - telefonisches Vorstellungsgespräch

Online application-Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Technische Fragen zum Thema Digital.   Technical questions about digital   Answer Question
    Das Eintrittsdatum ist verhandelbar. Sehr gute Praktikumserfahrung. Hoher Grad an Selbstständigkeit beim Ausführen der eigenen Aufgaben.

Praktikant Management Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Beiersdorf in October 2007.

1. Onlinetests (quantitativ + Persönlichkeit)

2. Telefongespräch

3. Einzelgespräch

4. Assessment Center (Gruppenarbeit, Präsentation, zusätzliches Gespräch)

1. Online tests (quantitative + personality)
    2. Phone interview
    3. 1:1 interview
    4. Assessment Center (group work, presentation, additional interview)

Interview Questions
    • Beiersdorfs Jahresverkaufszahlen für Deodorant auf dem deutschen Markt   Beiersdorf's annual sales of deodorant in German market   Answer Question