Belair Direct Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.1

Accident Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Belair Direct in August 2014.

A day after applying online I was called for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes with the general screening questions. The person screening me told me if I don't hear back by the end of the day then I will not go on to the next interview stage. She also stated that an official email would be sent the following week if they decided not to go on with my job application. I thought the phone interview went really well but I did not receive a call or an official email from Belair Direct.

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Belair Direct.

I was contacted a day after applying through website by a recruiter. Had a very simple phone screening interview and then went in for an in-person interview. The interview went well in my opinion, and Belair Direct followed up for a background check quite quickly. They then just never contacted me for almost two weeks and when I finally called them, a unknown recruiter called me back and said they went with another candidate. Would not tell me why.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a colleague that you may have an issue with?   View Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Belair Direct in September 2013.

I saw the job positing on their website and applied online and received a call requested a phone interview the following week.

One phone interview with someone from HR followed by an in-person interview with a different person from HR and a manager.
    Ended in-person interview with a computer simulation test related to the position.

Everyone involved was very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult situation you have ever faced, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Belair Direct.

telephone screening-->first round interview with the management group-->2nd round interview with 2 regional directors

Before the 2nd round interview actually started, there was social time and a speech on the company and the program. The questions asked in the first two rounds were standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expect to see the these many people from management group and all other candidates at second round. Before the interview, there was social time and a speech on the company and the program. The questions asked in the first two rounds were standard behavioral questions.   View Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Belair Direct in May 2013.

Starts of with a basic phone interview to check your background, past experiences and basic questions regarding salary expectations. Then you're invited to an open house where you meet and greet managers followed by a short 20 minute interview with 2 managers. Basic questions such as strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time something didnt go according to plan, what did you do. Then if you pass that there is a final interview with 2 VPS. This is a bit tricky as they ask so many follow up questions. Questions such as why leadership? Resume related questions. Do you work well in a team? Give an example. Have you worked with a very challenging person?

Claims-CSR Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Belair Direct.

Phone interview, then you have a face to face interview with your department manager and HR.

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Belair Direct in August 2011.

Customer Service & Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Belair Direct in May 2011.

At first, I was contacted by phone for a 20 minute interview. Upon answering the questions, the woman had set up an appointment for me to see her for a face to face interview. For both interviews, they expressed a true desire for candidates that had full-time availability and were willing to work for a long-term. The interviewers were extremely relaxed and that made it very comfortable to answer questions and speak confidently. There were many behavioral and situational type questions. I was also given a tour of the actual working environment and had a chance to talk to some other agents. All of them seemed very cheerful and involved in their work. Finally, there was a simulated test to see how well you can multi-task, particularly with inputting and searching data on the computer while speaking to a customer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used the Internet to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes you stand out from all our other candidates?   Answer Question
    • If we were to hire you in this company, where would you see yourself 3 - 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when a client made an unreasonable request from you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Belair Direct in May 2008.

I have applied, they called me and conducted a phone interview, then i was called into one-on-one interveiw where they asked me questions about the company, behavioural questions, and made me do an online quote for the customer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in the team?   View Answer

Worked for Belair Direct? Contribute to the Community!