Belcan Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.2

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview

Applied online. I got an email 1.5 months later from the hiring manager asking to schedule a phone interview. Very laid back interview with two engineering managers. They hardly asked me any technical questions. Mostly talked about the company's history, the work they do, benefits, etc. Very laid back interview, they weren't trying to put me on the spot or intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I knew about turbofan engines. They asked if I had any hobbies.   Answer Question

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Peoria, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very polite throughout the process. Responses throughout the entire process were responded to in a timely fashion. The first step of the process was a simple phone screening. That then led to a web-cam interview with engineers that are on staff. They wanted to gauge my schooling background and current knowledge of CAD software.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The process started with the exchange of a few emails which and later I received a phone call to set up a time for an interview. The interview was one on one and began with a brief explanation of the history of Belcan. The initial individual was in charge of the department and later introduced me to someone working under him who explained what I would be doing there.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

45 minute phone interview led to an onsite interview. The phone interviewer was a Project Engineer; he asked a lot about my experience and projects as listed on my resume. Told me a little bit about Belcan but from what I remember, asked a lot of questions like "What type of engineering role would you like and why?" The onsite interview lasted about an hour and was by a panel of 4 different engineers, including the one who spoke with me over the phone. The first 20 minutes or so was a 1 on 1 interview with that was primarily a history lesson of Belcan and all the things they do. The next 40 minutes involved the 4 engineers interviewing me in a conference room. They honestly asked a lot of questions, including conceptual, technical and personal. They provided a diagram for me and asked where the fatigue crack would be if a load was applied, as well as engineering ethics questions like "If customer X wants a job done in 2 days when you originally had 10 days to complete it, how would you handle that situation?" The fatigue problem they asked was very easy. I don't mean to alarm anybody because it was overall a relaxed interview but I definitely was put on the spot with these questions, moreso the ethics questions because they required some thought. Most of the questions were about my resume though. They most certainly will address everything you put on your resume, so make sure you're prepared.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest class and what grade did you receive?   Answer Question

Entry Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview

Very laid back, asked me about experiences, explained what they did very few questions about myself. Group of engineers reading and asking questions about my resume and my projects in schools and technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Emailed about intern position, received email confirmation about a week later to schedule an interview. One week later had said interview which was about a 25-35 min process with whom would be my boss. Had a few questions about me, what were my interests, and schedule wise. I told him I live and breath to program, it is my desire in life. Then school scedule changes and that I can commit X hours per week on Y number of days, Future boss went to tell me the history about Belcan, and not really about what I was going to do per se. Then another future co-worker came in to interview me to more or less gauge me. Had more interaction level, but less time on what it is that I can do, to what I will be doing.

Interview Questions

• No difficult, nor unexpected questions. However critical if your working as an engineering intern. You must know C/C++ there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was going as an intern, I don't know what salary to expect, and they have a structure for these things.

Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Champaign, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at U of I career fair. The recruiter emailed me in about 20 days. Iw as asked about my basic information and experience with large datasets in the first round phone interview. Second phone interview was more technical. Finally, an onsite technical interview where We discussed my projects on data analysis and computer vision

Interview Questions

• Questions on basics of machine learning methods like SVM, logistic regression   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Windsor, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

Went to Porter and Chester Institute for Mechanical Drafting and Belcan was one of the companies that showed up for the job fair. I made sure to ask lots of questions about the company and give a firm handshake (I'm a woman and this is a male dominated field). A week later they called me and another student my age. They didn't call the older student that gave his resume (He may have been over qualified, having worked in aerospace manufacturing previously). We set up an interview date, which was pretty straight forward. They didn't really have any questions for me, and I had a ton for them. I was really excited and eager and I'm sure it showed. They had me bring my passport with me so that I could get cleared to work there so it was basically a guarantee the job was mine.

Cherry Picker Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Application was on-line then I was called in for a one on one interview. During one on one interview background check and drug test was preformed. The lady was nice but my background wouldn't allow her to place me in job even with all my work experience.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through career fair. Contacted by Belcan recruiters, whom I must say are very professional and easy to talk to. After email correspondence with recruiter, I was brought in for an in-person one-on-one interview with 3 top engineers/managers. They asked mainly about my resume, and spent some time describing the position. Unfortunately I never heard back after interviews. I would recommend asking the recruiter for job description if not on hand, and learning everything you can about the work involved.

Interview Questions

• You have a salt shaker filled with salt. How do you measure the grains of salt without opening the salt shaker?   Answer Question