Belcan Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Database Developer Interview

Senior Database Developer
Greenville, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Belcan Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – Several GE managers worked hard to bring me on at Belcan after I'd been laid off from Granite Services. Given that the client, GE, had already made known their desire to bring me back on board, and to do it quickly, the hiring and interview process was extremely brief. This was four years ago, so I don't recall the exact details, but I was very grateful to have been given this opportunity.

Interview Question – How did the previous position go sour?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for and received an increase in pay over my previous position by about 15%, to cover the cost of purchasing benefits not covered in my salary package.

Director, Talent Strategy Interview

Director, Talent Strategy

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick and thorough
Immediately invited in for an interview
Presented an offer and accepted
Sent to Training within two weeks

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Belcan Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter called my house after I applied online. Like many recruiters and HR workers, they have no idea what the job you are applying for entails, aren't even calling from the same state and are college drop outs. She pretty much said "I did a background check on you and want to hire you to fill our gender gap". NO interview questions even asked.

No different here- and the trend continued. At the end of the phone conversation I learned that the person who had called my house didn't know where the building was, had never no knowledge of who ran the company (who I would me meeting with), couldn't tell me hours or pay rate and on top of that, I had to define "approximately" and "evident" to her when I used them in conversation. If the company name wasn't on the caller ID, I honestly would have thought it was a phone scam.

Interview Question – They didn't ask a single question besides if I would accept their offer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too many red flags with the company during the recruitment process.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Belcan Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Didn't really have to interview. They looked at my resume and asked when I could start.

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was much higher than my previous job. Received a signing bonus even though I hadn't even asked for it.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied on website for Rockford, IL position. I was contacted about a month later. Where I did a preliminary phone interview with recruiter, mostly personality questions. After, I was setup with another phone interview with the technical manager in the Rockford location. Same type of questions. I was then given an online computer science/technology aptitude test. Once finished, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with manager. Upon arriving at interview, the manager was unavailable, so met with the higher-ups and given tour and gist of what company does. Two weeks later, called for feedback/update and was told that they were interested, but they had no opening available. (So why was I interviewed?) Another 2 weeks pass and I received urgent emails/voicemails saying that there is a potential opening, so I scheduled interview for next day. Upon arriving this time, the original technical manager was available but head hiring manager/head of project was not! The technical manager then decides that I should speak with other people who are working on the project, but the he has never even spoken with them himself! The technical manager introduces himself to them seconds before introducing myself and explaining that the head of project was unavailable. After being completely thrown off guard, the man working on the project agrees. All three of us sit down to discuss project, but technical manager keeps asking questions about roles and duties to person working on project. (Who's getting interviewed?) Once completed I was told they would contact me in a week, and they were still interested. 2 weeks pass so I call for feedback/update. Recruiter tells me that they just hired another person for position, explaining that technical manager thought I was too quiet. I was completely taken back when I heard that was the reason i was not offered the position and that no one had the courtesy to even let me know their decision, considering the interview process I went through. Overall bad experience.

Interview Question – Aptitude test online was general computer science knowledge   Answer Question

Heat Transfer Interview

Heat Transfer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview Details – One basic phone screening and one phone interview. It took them a month to give me a definitive answer on if I got the job then expected me to move across the country in 2 weeks. Coworkers were fun, but management and HR had no idea what they were doing with me.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard. Just wanted me to explain my education and technical knowhow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more, they offered $1/hr. I was underemployed at the time so I took it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Belcan Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – Recommend by client company manager. Job was an assignment with his company.

Interview Question – Tell me your qualifications for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate.

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II

Interviewed at Belcan Corporation

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with cross discipline managers

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimual

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Staffing Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview Details – 2 in person interviews or phone interviews. They ask questions related to the specific job. Don't be nervous, they are people too. Just be honest and upfront. They also send you a personality test

Interview Question – Most difficult experience and how you handled it   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Belcan Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – great to talk with them.

Interview Questions