Belcan Corporation Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

45 minute phone interview led to an onsite interview. The phone interviewer was a Project Engineer; he asked a lot about my experience and projects as listed on my resume. Told me a little bit about Belcan but from what I remember, asked a lot of questions like "What type of engineering role would you like and why?" The onsite interview lasted about an hour and was by a panel of 4 different engineers, including the one who spoke with me over the phone. The first 20 minutes or so was a 1 on 1 interview with that was primarily a history lesson of Belcan and all the things they do. The next 40 minutes involved the 4 engineers interviewing me in a conference room. They honestly asked a lot of questions, including conceptual, technical and personal. They provided a diagram for me and asked where the fatigue crack would be if a load was applied, as well as engineering ethics questions like "If customer X wants a job done in 2 days when you originally had 10 days to complete it, how would you handle that situation?" The fatigue problem they asked was very easy. I don't mean to alarm anybody because it was overall a relaxed interview but I definitely was put on the spot with these questions, moreso the ethics questions because they required some thought. Most of the questions were about my resume though. They most certainly will address everything you put on your resume, so make sure you're prepared.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest class and what grade did you receive?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Belcan Corporation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Belcan Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

Recommend by client company manager. Job was an assignment with his company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.