Belcan Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Belcan Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied on website for Rockford, IL position. I was contacted about a month later. Where I did a preliminary phone interview with recruiter, mostly personality questions. After, I was setup with another phone interview with the technical manager in the Rockford location. Same type of questions. I was then given an online computer science/technology aptitude test. Once finished, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with manager. Upon arriving at interview, the manager was unavailable, so met with the higher-ups and given tour and gist of what company does. Two weeks later, called for feedback/update and was told that they were interested, but they had no opening available. (So why was I interviewed?) Another 2 weeks pass and I received urgent emails/voicemails saying that there is a potential opening, so I scheduled interview for next day. Upon arriving this time, the original technical manager was available but head hiring manager/head of project was not! The technical manager then decides that I should speak with other people who are working on the project, but the he has never even spoken with them himself! The technical manager introduces himself to them seconds before introducing myself and explaining that the head of project was unavailable. After being completely thrown off guard, the man working on the project agrees. All three of us sit down to discuss project, but technical manager keeps asking questions about roles and duties to person working on project. (Who's getting interviewed?) Once completed I was told they would contact me in a week, and they were still interested. 2 weeks pass so I call for feedback/update. Recruiter tells me that they just hired another person for position, explaining that technical manager thought I was too quiet. I was completely taken back when I heard that was the reason i was not offered the position and that no one had the courtesy to even let me know their decision, considering the interview process I went through. Overall bad experience.

Interview Question – Aptitude test online was general computer science knowledge   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Belcan Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Belcan Corporation Software Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Belcan Corporation employees and interview candidates.