Belden Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Belden.

The interview process was very generic and unprofessional. However there was testing that was done to determine where you ranked in accordance with their company values. The hiring process was your standard hiring process with drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

The company did not represent itself in a professional manner and there did not seem like there would be any other opportunities for advancement

Intern Interview

C programming mainly but a very dynamic method of recruiting including group activities and other general questionnaires. Very nice people with a professional approach to select the best candidate. Questions were fundamental C questions.

Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden.

Through university relations, on campus

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Early Career Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interview questions were all behavioral. Also, asked about resume and background. Not too hard of an interview but looking for experience most of all. Belden has been acquiring companies in the last 8 years and seems like they will have massive growth in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to call it quits on something.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Belden in October 2013.

I met Belden at our campus recruiting creed fair. Recruiters were nice and friendly throughout the expo. I got selected and called in for an interview the next day on campus. Interview went fairly well. Did not get ask to come back for a 2nd round interview though after receiving a letter in the mail thanking me for taking the time to interview with the company (they made a mistake and said i went to another university in the mail).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you failed to accomplish a specific task   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden in October 2012.

Met with representatives at university career fair and provided my resume. Received a phone call the following day to set up a 1:1 interview with the Senior Recruiter the following week. Had interview on university campus and was asked to complete an online application and a four part personality/aptitude assessment. Received a call two weeks later for a final interview over three days in Inidanapolis/RIchmond, IN. Flew to Indianapolis, had dinner with hiring managers, department heads, and ~25 other applicants. Had panel interviews the next day and two Wonderlick test. Had another dinner with managers and current program participants. On final day, toured manufacturing plant, distribution center, and headquarters before flying home. Received offer via phone and email three days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to simply talk about my childhood and upbringing. Nothing too crazy, but it left a lot of opportunity for candidates to mention things that were inappropriate or unsavory.   Answer Question

Received another job offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Belden in April 2012.

Phone screening - early March

Personality testing online - took 2.5 hours

Panel Interview in late April - Interview schedule listed three people, only two showed up 15 mins late (didn't apologize for being late) and didn't mention the third person that was suppose to join. The two interviewees shook my hand, told me their names, and launched into the interview without explaining the position or what they were looking for. They never spoke about the position until I asked at the end of the interview.

During the interview it felt like a waste of time. I knew I didn't want the position simply because of the culture betrayed during the interview and the rude approach in conducting the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get your MBA so soon?

(I just graduated with a BS in Business, and I had said I want to have my MBA in 5 years.)
        View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden in January 2012.

The interview was very intricate. I first was interviewed by the staffing agency to assure I was a good fit. I was then offered a 2nd interview with the Hiring Manager. After that second interview my references were contacted. Finally a 3rd interview consists of 4 interviews in one individually where I met with the remaining staff I would support as well as the Executive Assistant above me. It was a very engaging experience, very detailed questions were asked. However they described their work environment as "cold" and "results-oriented" and I believe may have thought I was too "social" for the environment they are accustomed to.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Belden in June 2011.

Very Professional, wear a suit! They sit you down and say now tell me about yourself. Start young and show references on how all throughout your life you were meant for this job.

Interview Questions
    Don't ever except the first offer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden in October 2010.

I got this interview through a career fair at school. The first part of the process was an on-campus 1-on-1 interview with a recruiter and was asked standard interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, what I would bring to the position, etc. For the next step I was flown up to a 2-day recruiting event in Indianapolis with about 12 other candidates. We all went out to dinner with candidates and employees and talked with them. Formal interviews were held the next day. There were two rooms, each with a panel of 2-3 interviewers. This interview was mostly a personality profile, they would ask you to talk about your life and then ask questions about it, to learn more about you and your personality and see if you were a good fit for the team. An intelligence test was taken and we went out to dinner again that night with candidates and employees.