Belden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

Director Continuous Improvement/Lean Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Belden (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

HR screen first, followed by a personality test that tests logic, reasoning and reading comprehension. Followed by phone interview with a member of the team, then a seperate interview with the hiring manager, then the Sales Exec. 4 hour interview with an industrial psychologist was the last step - did not move past this round. Lengthiest process I have ever experienced with any company. Little feedback on how you're doing throughout process and certainly at the end the feedback why I was eliminated was vague with little detail. Very negative experience as the job requirements changed while in the process. I was slated to go in for an interview but was told the CEO decided the candidate should have specific skills not part of the original job post requirements which changed everything and hence made several candidates waste their time. Be cautious if a job has been open for months (mine was open for 6 months) they most likely dont know what theyre doing or what they want in a candidate

Interview Questions

• Resume questions, some behavioural, leadership type questions, little technical questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Belden in February 2015.

Interview

Screening through recruiter, written answers to list of questions, formal application on website, phone interview. I was initially told by the recruiter the job would not require travel, but during the phone interview I found out this was not the case. I also learned that, although they wanted someone with SAP experience, many of their sites are on a legacy system and that is what I would initially be supporting.

Interview Questions

• Please name all ERP systems you are familiar with and total number of years experience.   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working with people of from diverse ethnic backgrounds?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at career, got called for on campus interview. It went really well, I loved the girl I interviewed with. Behavioral questions. Just gotta connect with the people. They emailed me about a week later asking me to come up to Indy for a 2 day interview process. The first day we did group work and some random tests and then went to a super nice dinner. Second day was a 1 hour interview and tour of the facility. Interview was behavioral until very last question. I didnt provide a very good answer. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got constructive criticism. If you found this piece of anonymous plastic in your process, what lab characterization methods would you use to identify it?   1 Answer

Not what I want to do with my life.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden.

Interview

Had a campus interview. It went very well. Questions were situational/behavioral. Interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. Made it to final rounds on-site. Was a two day event. First day we were put into groups and given a half hour to solve a problem and figure out how to present our solution. All the groups presented. We then took a test and dinner. The next day we had a rotation of a tour, Q&A and interview. The interview was with three people and was situational again.

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

After a 1:1 on campus interview I got contact a few weeks after for the second round. The second round consisted of a two day event with everything planned out well. The first day had a company presentation, group case study/presentation, and IQ tests. This was followed by a great dinner were alcoholic beverage was provided (be careful). Second day consisted of a very casual talk about yourself as an individual and a panel of current workers.

Interview Questions

• The students were split into groups to brainstorm a case study and perform a presentation. The process is very fast with very little time to properly prepare a presentation but be ready to present to a group of executives.   1 Answer

Locations are limited and are mostly on very small towns with nothing to do. If you are a city individual take this into consideration.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Belden.

Interview

The interview process was very generic and unprofessional. However there was testing that was done to determine where you ranked in accordance with their company values. The hiring process was your standard hiring process with drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

The company did not represent itself in a professional manner and there did not seem like there would be any other opportunities for advancement

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process in person - they relied heavily on computerized and in person testing including a psych exam, IQ and other tests. The process was very fast relatively speaking so you will know where you stand as you move thru the hurdles. Do not underestimate any component - they are very concerned about not having a work life balance. Work is the priority.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume - why did you move thru each position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

C programming mainly but a very dynamic method of recruiting including group activities and other general questionnaires. Very nice people with a professional approach to select the best candidate. Questions were fundamental C questions.

Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden.

Interview

Through university relations, on campus

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interview questions were all behavioral. Also, asked about resume and background. Not too hard of an interview but looking for experience most of all. Belden has been acquiring companies in the last 8 years and seems like they will have massive growth in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to call it quits on something.   Answer Question