Belden Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

Product Development Interview

Spoke with them at career, got called for on campus interview. It went really well, I loved the girl I interviewed with. Behavioral questions. Just gotta connect with the people.
    They emailed me about a week later asking me to come up to Indy for a 2 day interview process. The first day we did group work and some random tests and then went to a super nice dinner. Second day was a 1 hour interview and tour of the facility. Interview was behavioral until very last question. I didnt provide a very good answer. Be confident!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you got constructive criticism.
      If you found this piece of anonymous plastic in your process, what lab characterization methods would you use to identify it?

View Answer

Not what I want to do with my life.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden.

Had a campus interview. It went very well. Questions were situational/behavioral. Interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. Made it to final rounds on-site. Was a two day event. First day we were put into groups and given a half hour to solve a problem and figure out how to present our solution. All the groups presented. We then took a test and dinner. The next day we had a rotation of a tour, Q&A and interview. The interview was with three people and was situational again.

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden in October 2014.

After a 1:1 on campus interview I got contact a few weeks after for the second round. The second round consisted of a two day event with everything planned out well. The first day had a company presentation, group case study/presentation, and IQ tests. This was followed by a great dinner were alcoholic beverage was provided (be careful). Second day consisted of a very casual talk about yourself as an individual and a panel of current workers.

Interview Questions
    • The students were split into groups to brainstorm a case study and perform a presentation. The process is very fast with very little time to properly prepare a presentation but be ready to present to a group of executives.   View Answer

Locations are limited and are mostly on very small towns with nothing to do. If you are a city individual take this into consideration.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Belden.

The interview process was very generic and unprofessional. However there was testing that was done to determine where you ranked in accordance with their company values. The hiring process was your standard hiring process with drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

The company did not represent itself in a professional manner and there did not seem like there would be any other opportunities for advancement

Intern Interview

C programming mainly but a very dynamic method of recruiting including group activities and other general questionnaires. Very nice people with a professional approach to select the best candidate. Questions were fundamental C questions.

Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Belden.

Through university relations, on campus

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Early Career Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interview questions were all behavioral. Also, asked about resume and background. Not too hard of an interview but looking for experience most of all. Belden has been acquiring companies in the last 8 years and seems like they will have massive growth in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to call it quits on something.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Belden in October 2013.

I met Belden at our campus recruiting creed fair. Recruiters were nice and friendly throughout the expo. I got selected and called in for an interview the next day on campus. Interview went fairly well. Did not get ask to come back for a 2nd round interview though after receiving a letter in the mail thanking me for taking the time to interview with the company (they made a mistake and said i went to another university in the mail).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you failed to accomplish a specific task   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belden in October 2012.

Met with representatives at university career fair and provided my resume. Received a phone call the following day to set up a 1:1 interview with the Senior Recruiter the following week. Had interview on university campus and was asked to complete an online application and a four part personality/aptitude assessment. Received a call two weeks later for a final interview over three days in Inidanapolis/RIchmond, IN. Flew to Indianapolis, had dinner with hiring managers, department heads, and ~25 other applicants. Had panel interviews the next day and two Wonderlick test. Had another dinner with managers and current program participants. On final day, toured manufacturing plant, distribution center, and headquarters before flying home. Received offer via phone and email three days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to simply talk about my childhood and upbringing. Nothing too crazy, but it left a lot of opportunity for candidates to mention things that were inappropriate or unsavory.   Answer Question

Received another job offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Belden in April 2012.

Phone screening - early March

Personality testing online - took 2.5 hours

Panel Interview in late April - Interview schedule listed three people, only two showed up 15 mins late (didn't apologize for being late) and didn't mention the third person that was suppose to join. The two interviewees shook my hand, told me their names, and launched into the interview without explaining the position or what they were looking for. They never spoke about the position until I asked at the end of the interview.

During the interview it felt like a waste of time. I knew I didn't want the position simply because of the culture betrayed during the interview and the rude approach in conducting the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get your MBA so soon?

(I just graduated with a BS in Business, and I had said I want to have my MBA in 5 years.)

View Answer