Belden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

Product Development Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at career, got called for on campus interview. It went really well, I loved the girl I interviewed with. Behavioral questions. Just gotta connect with the people. They emailed me about a week later asking me to come up to Indy for a 2 day interview process. The first day we did group work and some random tests and then went to a super nice dinner. Second day was a 1 hour interview and tour of the facility. Interview was behavioral until very last question. I didnt provide a very good answer. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got constructive criticism. If you found this piece of anonymous plastic in your process, what lab characterization methods would you use to identify it?   1 Answer

Not what I want to do with my life.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belden.

Interview

Had a campus interview. It went very well. Questions were situational/behavioral. Interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. Made it to final rounds on-site. Was a two day event. First day we were put into groups and given a half hour to solve a problem and figure out how to present our solution. All the groups presented. We then took a test and dinner. The next day we had a rotation of a tour, Q&A and interview. The interview was with three people and was situational again.

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Belden (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

After a 1:1 on campus interview I got contact a few weeks after for the second round. The second round consisted of a two day event with everything planned out well. The first day had a company presentation, group case study/presentation, and IQ tests. This was followed by a great dinner were alcoholic beverage was provided (be careful). Second day consisted of a very casual talk about yourself as an individual and a panel of current workers.

Interview Questions

• The students were split into groups to brainstorm a case study and perform a presentation. The process is very fast with very little time to properly prepare a presentation but be ready to present to a group of executives.   1 Answer

Locations are limited and are mostly on very small towns with nothing to do. If you are a city individual take this into consideration.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Belden.

Interview

The interview process was very generic and unprofessional. However there was testing that was done to determine where you ranked in accordance with their company values. The hiring process was your standard hiring process with drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

The company did not represent itself in a professional manner and there did not seem like there would be any other opportunities for advancement

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belden (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Met with representatives at university career fair and provided my resume. Received a phone call the following day to set up a 1:1 interview with the Senior Recruiter the following week. Had interview on university campus and was asked to complete an online application and a four part personality/aptitude assessment. Received a call two weeks later for a final interview over three days in Inidanapolis/RIchmond, IN. Flew to Indianapolis, had dinner with hiring managers, department heads, and ~25 other applicants. Had panel interviews the next day and two Wonderlick test. Had another dinner with managers and current program participants. On final day, toured manufacturing plant, distribution center, and headquarters before flying home. Received offer via phone and email three days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to simply talk about my childhood and upbringing. Nothing too crazy, but it left a lot of opportunity for candidates to mention things that were inappropriate or unsavory.   Answer Question

Received another job offer.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Belden (Richmond, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Thorough but took way to long (over 6 months). By the time they finally were permitted to make an offer had already started a job 5+ months earlier at a company further away from home than this one and initially turned them down because had 3 other offers on table at same time. Since working there found that the this slow process is the norm not the exception. They find the ideal candidate but don't move fast enough and they have already moved on.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations you had to deal with when interacting with a customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belden in June 2011.

Interview

Very Professional, wear a suit! They sit you down and say now tell me about yourself. Start young and show references on how all throughout your life you were meant for this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't ever except the first offer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belden (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

I have just done the first round interview yet, which was on campus.

Abschlussarbeit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neckartenzlingen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belden (Neckartenzlingen (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

Nach der Bewerbung per Mail für eine Masterarbeit erhielt ich in etwas weniger als einer Woche eine erste Rückmeldung über den Bearbeitungsstatus. Circa eine weiter Woche später erhielt ich dann die lang ersehnte Einladung zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch. Das Vorstellungsgespräch verlief erfreulich unspektakulär. Anwesend waren außer mir eine Personalerin und der Leiter der Fachabteilung. Meine Aufgabengebiet wurde verständlich vorgestellt. Die Atmosphäre war positiv, es gab keinen spürbaren Zeitdruck und alle meine Fragen wurden geduldig beantwortet.

Interview Questions

• Typische Fragen zu mir, meinem Hintergrund, meinem Studium, meinen Interessen, was ich mir von dem Abschlussarbeitsthema verspreche und ein paar fachliche Fragen. Außerdem: Welche drei Eigenschaften oder Fähigkeiten würden Sie sich wünschen, wenn eine gute Fee diese Wünsche erfüllen würde?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Belden.

Interview

Aproached by headhunter. First a call with HR. Second call with HR and management. Online assessment before actual meeting took place. After succesfull interview a short call with the VP.

Interview Questions

• A separate call established about technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was about my previous income in order to meet that.