Belden

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Channel Account Manager Interview

Channel Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Belden.

Interview Details – Aproached by headhunter. First a call with HR. Second call with HR and management. Online assessment before actual meeting took place. After succesfull interview a short call with the VP.

Interview Question – A separate call established about technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was about my previous income in order to meet that.

Factory Labourer Interview

Factory Labourer
Cobourg, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Belden in March 2010.

Interview Details – There was a multi-person interview. Had interview with Human Resources Manager and Production Manager. It is a factory that it is better if you know someone on the inside….very employee related on the inside.

Interview Question – How can you bring multi-skills to our factory?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as i was a factory labourer.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Belden.

Interview Details – First and on-campus interview and then an over the phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions. In person, on-campus interview had easier questions (because it was the first step) and was more of a conversation. Next step would have been to do an on-site interview.

Interview Question – What would you do differently during your college experience?   Answer Question

Lean Leader Interview

Lean Leader

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Belden in September 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted initially by a head hunter. Initially just looking for fit. Following that I was contacted by HR and asked to complete 3 online tests. The tests focused on logic and reading comprehension and another test personality. I would say there is very little chance that anyone would be able to answer the questions in the time alloted. I believe there were about 30-50 questions and I got through about 15 of them. Answer carefully. I completed this and then was invited for an interview. Upon arriving at the interview I then had to write another 2 logic tests. We got through that and had questions with the site trainer and operations and engineering managers. I then had a site tour and met with the plant manager. I would say that the questions once in the interview were all behavior based and similar to anything you would come across any where else. Following this interview I was asked to fly to the head quarters and meet with an executive. Timing did not work out as I was on a business trip so I conducted a phone interview with the executive. It was more of a conversation than an interview at that point. Following that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, most difficult was the online test prior to.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My current employer matched and bettered the offer.

Rgional Manager Interview

Rgional Manager

Interviewed at Belden

Interview Details – Contact by email or call to my cell phone

Interview Question – Whaht's the right formula to grow in Latin America.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Belden in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was for the college/MBA recruitment. They took us to Indy and showed us around. Interview questions start in high school and work forward. There were 3 managers in the room and 1 HR individual. It was a pleasant experience, but fairly easy to take charge of. They are looking for people who have a leadership awareness. Make sure to make eye contact with everyone in the room, not just the person asking the question and shake hands upon entering.

If you are on the college recruitment, remember that they will be watching you the entire time, so ask intelligent questions on the plant tour and at the dinners. Make a point to meet all the people for your discipline that are conducting the interviews (finance, marketing, ops, etc.).

They really want to make sure that you are OK living in undesirable cities (i.e. Richmond, IN). The personality tests are geared towards this as well. Be enthusiastic about the opportunity as they will reimburse you appropriately to live in these locales.

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience in high school   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. There was a group of us that came from the same school and none of us negotiated. I would have had more success if I had gone it alone.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Belden in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first had an on campus interview. It was a basic behaviorial interview, nothing tricky. I then took an online skills test, as well as a personality assessment. I have yet to hear back, and I took the test three weeks ago. I don't know what to expect going forward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Belden?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Belden in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer was new to company and could not tell me about the position I was interviewing for or much about company. Interviewer gave impression she did not care and did not seem interested in the company herself. I left the interview with no intention of ever working there.

Be prepared to talk about why you love Belden and would like to work there. Know their products and what's sets them apart from others.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Belden in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer was from HR, not engineering. Didn't give the impression they wanted to be there or hear what I had to say. Not really their fault, they were a recent hire, the company contacted me for an interview but wasn't hiring for a specific position. Not sure why the company sent interviewers there or why they choose to interview me.

Interview Question – When was a time when you had to change tasks quickly?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Belden in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews with 2 HR gatekeepers before speaking with the hiring manager. The first HR gatekeeper walks through resume making sure there is nothing suspicious. This is followed by a Personality
 and an Intelligence (think SAT/GRE type quantitative/analytical/verbal questions) test where speed is of essence - I could only get through half the questions but was told 'Wow' (so don't try to guess the answers quickly - do as many as you can but get them right). The 2nd HR phone screen is more psychological and behavioral. All this is a complete waste of time if you do not have experience in their industry which you will be only told when you speak to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What will your previous manager say about you?   Answer Question