Belk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Sales Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Belk.

Interview

Applied on Belk website. Interviewed with store manager. Fairly laid back interview. Asked pretty basic questions: knowledge of Belk, retail industry, etc. Follow up consisted of a phone call where further questions were asked. A second full interview is scheduled with a regional VP for candidates who make it to the next round of interviews.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Belk (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and went to their job fair the next day. I talked with the payroll associate about who will interview me and a general idea of the questions I will be asked. Then I spoke to two different managers who asked me the general interview questions. I was hired on the on the same day, after both interviews.

Visual Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Belk.

Interview

It was a three interview process for the position. First with the Human Resource Manager, second with the visual manager, and last was with a regional manager. They asked the normal questions and they were all easy-going which helped lessen the nervousness. Scheduling three different interviews is the part that wasn't so easy, but has to be done to to narrow the field to find the right person for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Belk (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online a several weeks earlier. I never received a call for interview.They have career fairs every Friday and I attended, that how I was interviewed. It lasted about 10 minutes and if they liked you, you would speak to the hiring manager, if they didn't they will tell you they will email you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If their was new merchandise in the store and not many customers, how would you change that? What actions would you take?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in retail?   Answer Question

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Belk (Athens, GA).

Interview

Great communication between the Store Manager and myself on job details and how I fit into the company environment. Felt very at ease. Best interview I have every had!

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Belk.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and straightforward. The usual sales goals questions were asked nothing out of the ordinary.the dress code was explained as well as the credit applications requirement. The interviewer was very pleasant and thorough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Belk (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. Down to earth. Very nice. Asked what department I would be interested in and if I wanted to interview with the other areas. How long she had been with the company and what it offered asked if I was willing to work weekends, holidays, nights and then let me know she would call me to set up another interview will all other managers. Called me a week later to schedule and everybody seemed very nice and pretty down to earth. Went over dress attire and that's it.

Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Belk.

Interview

I applied initially through Belk's online job board. I had a phone interview and was invited down for the Interview Day. It consisted of a morning learning more about Belk and then three interviews in the afternoon. They were pretty standard behavioral questions. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary, and the questions were not too different from interview to interview. I heard back by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? Discuss a difficult decision you had to make.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Belk.

Interview

First I interviewed with HR. Then I had a brief interview with the counter manager. She set me up for an interview with the cosmetics manager. After that I, unknowingly, had 2 phone interviews from representatives for Benefit.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people to apply for credit cards?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Belk.

Interview

First I filled out an application online, then received a call from HR manager in less than one week, and was scheduled for an interview. I was asked questions about my experience in customer service, personal goals, sales achievements, selling strategies and how i handled various situations with customers. The interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had an upset customer, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question