Belk

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.0

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Belk.

They just ask you questions about customer service,why Belk. They asked how flexible my hours are in order to make my schedule. They told me the starting pay rate for the job title, They hired me on then and there and told me to come back the next day to start my training.

Other Interview Reviews for Belk

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Belk in October 2014.

I applied online on a Wednesday, and I was called later that day to set up an appointment for the Friday. When I arrived I found out it was a group interview, and they hadn't told anyone that.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, how have you gone above and beyond for a customer, experience questions, what do you consider good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Belk.

I applied for seasonal and was then called in two weeks later. The interview was pretty basic with simple questions including "tell me about yourself". I was called and offered the job later on that day and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Belk.

Interviewed on my lunch hour, HR was very professional and made interview seem more like a get to know one another time than an actual business interview. This was 19 years ago and things have changed in company since then, it was more personal and more of a caring atmosphere and not so much about numbers as it is today under the new CEO.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    Offered a good salary and a good job but this was 19 years ago when it was a total different company, Today the company is more about money than the actually caring about the associate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Belk.

Simple interviewed with Sales Manager and ASM. Interview took a couple of hours. Heard back within a week. Described the process of what would happen in the future should I accept the position.

based on SPH, no real negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Belk in August 2014.

I applied online and was called for an interview two days later. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. I was interviewed by store manager and a sales manager.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with getting customers to sign up for credit cards?   Answer Question
    There is some room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Belk.

Interviewed during job fair day at location. I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager and was passed along to 2nd Assistant Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are standard. However, think well before answering because you're going to be working in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Belk in April 2014.

They called me and we set up an interview that day. They were very anxious to hire me because I had full availability. They hired me on the spot and we set up times for me to start work. They worked with my schedule very well because my first week working there I had to go out of town for a few days.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty basic questions. They mostly asked about my past jobs. I didn't have any retail experience but they still hired me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Belk.

3 stage interview set up by HR Representative. Each of the first 2 interviews asks basic interview questions from department managers. The final interview is with the store manager and is focused on department placement and compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in a previous job where a fellow employee dropped the ball and how you contributed to remedying the situation.   Answer Question
    They had an unexpectedly high base salary. I don't believe there is much room for negotiation for part-time employees.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Belk.

Interviewing was simple and quick.. Fill out a application and couple days later had a interview and it was simple just question to see how you are as a person