Belkin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

3.1

Analyst, Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Belkin in November 2010.

Just to set the scene, the entire process was very drawn out because, as I was to find out later, the department and position were open to being restructured and redefined. The position I applied for was scrapped in favor of another newly created position. Additionally, communication was not very good during the process. I had to be diligent to get post interview information, and had a hard time contacting the internal recruiter (who was late for our in-person interview) after initial contact.

Other than that it was an interesting an engaging experience. I was contacted initially by the in-person recruiter to set up an interview. It was about two weeks before I heard from him again to schedule the interview, and then we had the recruiter interview. He then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, who, after the phone interview, tasked me with writing a summary analysis of a business problem (see below).

I passed that and was invited for a full-panel interview with the key stakeholders in Corporate Development, Product Development, and IT. I interviewed with 5 people over 4 hours. I enjoyed the interview process, although I was unprepared for the hiring manager's business case interview question, and by the time I interviewed with him I was a little tired and off my game.

After that, I did not hear back until I had contacted them several times. I was informed via email from the recruiter of the department and position changes.

I didn't get the final "the position has been filled" email for another several months.

Interview Questions
    • How much would you charge to rent out Central Park for a night?   View Answer
    • Write an analysis of "What is the biggest most significant consumer trend, why is it important, and what are the implications for Belkin?"   View Answer

3D CAD Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Belkin.

Was initially introduced to Belkin through a technical placement agency. I interviewed by phone with the Engineering Manager. The interview was professional and very detailed in what was needed and what my roll was to be within the company. A detailed explanation of department roadmap was also shared which revealed what the future goals were for building within the organization. This was very helpful as well as inspiring.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, just inquiries about past experience and level of experience with surfacing using Pro/ENGINEER.   Answer Question
    Since I joined the Belkin team via a contract basis, any negotiating was done by the recruiter

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Belkin in May 2014.

I applied through the company website. after the initial screening, i had a face to face interview where two guys interviewed me and it was technical. one of them was Qa director and the other was senior QA engineer. the process was pretty smooth and quick. the interview questions was pretty basic.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Belkin.

Nice talk with the manager
    she is very nice and ask me some questions regarding my interest in this position
    besides that, she ask me to estimate some data relevant to our daily life

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Belkin in May 2011.

The only negative experience I had was that the initial process was pretty drawn out, as it took about two full months for me to start after my first interview. The interview process was pretty standard; two phone interviews with recruiter/HR, in-person interviews with one senior planner, two managers, and one director. The initial interview process was well organized by HR, and they did a great job in providing me with clear details on what to expect (time, parking instructions, agenda and even profile pictures of who I will be interviewing with).

Interview Questions
    • Explain some of the models that you use to forecast (centered moving average, exponential smoothing)?   Answer Question
    The process was drawn out too long from initial interview and offer letter to start date. Not sure if HR was backlogged, but it was the longest I ever waited to start after receiving the offer letter.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Belkin.

There was one interview. The interviewing manager was really personable. It was more of a conversation than a question and answer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in the next few years?   Answer Question

Senior Demand Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Belkin in October 2009.

The recruiter reached out to me for job opportunities. So far, it's been a pleasure working here. It's definitely not easy here, but hard work pays off.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Belkin in August 2010.

- Recruiter phone call
    - Interviewed with director of software
    - Interview with director of hardrware
    - Interviewed with director of quality

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Belkin in February 2013.

- Phone interview from recruiter
    - Onsite with VP of software, director with software, QA, security

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Belkin.

5 minutes after the phone interview was scheduled to start I received an email from the recruiter asking if we could push back the interview 30 minutes. i replied back that it was not a problem. she then finally called 32 minutes after the re-scheduled time and the interview lasted 5 minutes (i looked at my phone log). the interview began and she had no personality, sense of humor and barely any signs of life.

Interview Questions
    • basically her 2nd question was how much money I make.   View Answer

Worked for Belkin? Contribute to the Community!