Bell Canada Network Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bell Canada in January 2009.

Interestingly the entire process was conducted by the manager of network operations in Vancouver, and nobody from headquarters or HR were involved to the exception of the background check.

It was quite the pleasant experience actually; I spoke over the phone with the NOC manager and we arranged a date and time that worked for us both then when I arrived, I was greeted by the Manager and the two Lead Analysts who gave me a tour of the operations centre and explained a "day in the life".

Everyone (Except myself) was dressed very casually and we had a casual conversation in one of the boardrooms. As expected they asked the general "S.T.A.R.S" based interview questions. (Top strengths, top weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years, what past employers would say about you, etc.) and we then just spoke about our personal lives for a while and had a few laughs.

They seemed as uncomfortable with interviewing as I was being interviewed; they said that it is never a comfortable process, but it is great when we they meet people who they can "Just talk to".

The interview lasted a hour and a half and I was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
They were VERY sticky about negotiating salary or vacation time as albeit network/client facing and independent, we technically fell into a union position. They said the number calculated was based on education and experience within a range on $5000. After some time there, I was able to find that this was indeed true and the NOC manager had very little power to change anything in respect to pay.