Bell Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Analyst Interview

Network Analyst
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bell Canada in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interestingly the entire process was conducted by the manager of network operations in Vancouver, and nobody from headquarters or HR were involved to the exception of the background check.

It was quite the pleasant experience actually; I spoke over the phone with the NOC manager and we arranged a date and time that worked for us both then when I arrived, I was greeted by the Manager and the two Lead Analysts who gave me a tour of the operations centre and explained a "day in the life".

Everyone (Except myself) was dressed very casually and we had a casual conversation in one of the boardrooms. As expected they asked the general "S.T.A.R.S" based interview questions. (Top strengths, top weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years, what past employers would say about you, etc.) and we then just spoke about our personal lives for a while and had a few laughs.

They seemed as uncomfortable with interviewing as I was being interviewed; they said that it is never a comfortable process, but it is great when we they meet people who they can "Just talk to".

The interview lasted a hour and a half and I was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were VERY sticky about negotiating salary or vacation time as albeit network/client facing and independent, we technically fell into a union position. They said the number calculated was based on education and experience within a range on $5000. After some time there, I was able to find that this was indeed true and the NOC manager had very little power to change anything in respect to pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bell Canada

Worked for Bell Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bell Canada Network Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bell Canada employees and interview candidates.