Bell Canada Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada.

Applied online, got an email asking for an online interview couple of weeks later. The online interview is all situational and behavioural based questions. There are 7 questions in total. One of the questions was If you had a commitment to a client and you could not fulfill it, what would you do? Did not hear from them then.

Interview Questions
  • If you had a commitment to a client and you could not fulfill it, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bell Canada

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bell Canada.

I applied this Sales Consultant position online, and received two email promptly that inviting me for an online pre-employment assessment and online video interview. Pre-employment assessment is more about the personality and behavioural assessment, that consisted multiple choice questions. Online Video interview contained about 5 interview questions. They are not difficult questions. The most uncomfortable part is that you are watching yourself being videoed, recorded, and timed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time when you received bad customer service, what would you do differently if you were the person providing the customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada in June 2014.

Step 1 - Apply online. Typical stuff, submit a resume and cover letter.
    Step 2 - Complete an online assessment. One of the assessments is a combination of a personality tests and "what would you do in this situation" while another is filled with really elementary vocabulary and math tests.
    Step 3 - If they like what they see, they'll call you for a phone interview.
    Step 4 - If the phone interview goes well, you'll interview with one of the store managers. Both interviews are pretty standard interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were being pressured by a customer to break organizational policy?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada.

I was brought in by a friend. Essentially it was just one interview in the store with the manager after a quick call to set up said interview. She asked the standard questions about customer experience, sales, quotas, working under pressure. Got a call back several days later and I was brought on.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was the on the spot role play.   View Answer
    There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bell Canada in April 2013.

The interview was overall very easy. The store manager was very nice and easy going. We just sat on the mall bench and talk which made me feel a lot more relaxed than sitting in a office having people "interrogating" me like a prisoner. The interview questions weren't too hard. Mostly very general sale questions, "Why do you choose bell?" "sell me your phone to me." " How would you handle a stressful situation?" etc. I got the offer right after 2 days without having the second interview which was incredibly lucky for me. According to the manager, he said he promised the head office the new girl is going to be good. Anyway, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you protect your company's best interest? For example: If a customer wants a refund on a final sale item, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada in March 2013.

I walked into a retail location in one of two malls and asked for a manager. The store manager was quite nice. i got a few laughs out of him and managed to woo some of the current floor employees with my character within the few minutes I was in the store. A few days later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of the Bell Corporate store manager at the location I had dropped my resume off at and a Virgin mobile manager who was also on site. The interview went fairly well. I was relaxed and laid back and was completely honest about my personality, goals and experiences. One thing however, Bell wants sharks. So bring your best tooth forward.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a choice between a $5000 bonus or recognition, which would you choose?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my location preference. They were hiring city wide for all Bell Corporate stores, but I was able to obtain the location I had inquired about originally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada in February 2013.

Filled out the application online. Was sent an e-mail to conduct an online test and virtual simulation where you play the sales rep and must resolve a customers issue. A week later I was called by HR and given a phone interview. A few days later I was called by the same HR person and she scheduled a face to face interview with a local store. After the interview finished I was called one week later for the second interview with the regional manager.

take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada in July 2011.

I first found Bell Canada through an advertisement on Kijiji.ca. I saw that the posting was fairly new, so I decided to get on the ball and send a resume quick. I had to fill out an online survey from a third party. It took about 10 minutes. Four days later, I woke up to a message on my phone asking to schedule a phone interview. I was really happy, and I quickly returned the call to a rep via long distance. I briefly spoke to the rep, and we set up a time to interview that afternoon.

The phone rang promptly at the chosen time, and I was asked target interview questions. The interview went well. He then notified me that I would receive an online invitation to do a survey from a third party and that this was required as part of the recruiting process. He explained to me that I would hear back within the next couple days. As expected, within a few seconds I received the e-mail. The survey was a repeat of the survey I had to initially take but longer. It was a skills test with multiple choice questions to evaluate your personality.

The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing and this time answered the call. It was the two managers from the two closest hiring stores. They asked to set up an interview with me. Upon setting up a date, we exchanged contact information and said our goodbyes. The next day, I arrived on time and met with the two managers. They had me sit outside the store (the location was in a mall) on a couch, where the two sat at each of my sides. They asked me similar target interview questions.

Next, they asked me for two government-issued ID cards. I provided them with my health care and driver's license. They then came back with a form to be filled out in entirety. This is where it gets interesting.

The form was for the criminal record check. It required your Social Insurance and Social Security number (only for the States). The manager obviously was not familiar with the hiring process, as she was unsure whether I should fill in the form titled "United States and Other Countries". I noticed the field of Social Security Number and realized that that's for the States, but I filled it in anyway, substituting that for my Social Security Number.

The next interesting thing is that they required three references. Now these aren't your typical references; labelled on the form is the requirement for references that do not include personal or social acquaintances or family (only supervisors). For me my job history wasn't a good one, but I put the information down anyway and left one field blank. I told her I "forgot" the number. She informed me that I would be contacted and that I could later provide her with the information. Tricky issue, right?

If I could redo this part, I would recommend using your friends as references and then having them play along to confirm the legitimacy of the positions listed.

I'm still waiting on a response, but I'm pretty sure that contacting my former employers will alert to some sort of "security risk", and my reputation will be tarnished. Good try, but now I know for next time :).

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Bell?   View Answer
    • Given the following scenerio, what would you do: a customer enters the store and slams down his/her phone claiming that it doesn't work and wants an answer. Your manager is gone on lunch break.   View Answer
    • Provide an example of a time when you were given excellent customer service and when you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • If you could choose two of your best strengths and two of your biggest weaknesses, what would they be?   View Answer
    • On a scale from 1 to 10, how technologically-saavy are you and why? What kinds of devices do you use on a day-to-day basis?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bell Canada in February 2009.

After application via online; phone interview conducted base on background and then general questions regarding the business; knowledge of the business, hobbies interests and why the business, any particualr experience in related field. ie. CEllular knowledge, customer service.

Also verified name, address and other general personal information.

1on1 with manager and/or ROM. background check via two pieces of government identification.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bell Canada in January 2009.

good

challenging when you are in the middle of a recession