Bell Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada in January 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty long hiring process but its for sure worth it. Great company to work for. Managers are very freindly and helpful. Always a positive working attitude it was they like in the interviews. Espically since you will be selling their products and services.

Interview Question – When a customer said that he had got overcahrged from bell and he was very upset.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bell Canada in August 2010.

Interview Details – There were two separate interviews. Basically how you deal with stress, what drew you to Bell, are you comfortable with change? (I think this one was important because the services we were to sell on the phone changed regularly so you have to answer yes to get through)... standard stuff. Dont remember the exact questions off hand other than that.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bell Canada in February 2010.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. Pretty standard questions. Walk through your employment history, situation analysis questions, etc. Interviewers were looking for the technical / telecom background experience, personality and business acumen. Hiring process was very quick and on-boarding is very well organized.

Interview Question – Standard and fairly predictable questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was contract position, so they were straight forward with the rate. There was no flexibility since rates were pre-determined.

Corporate Store Manager Interview

Corporate Store Manager
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Bell Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – first there was Online test and than web cam test and finally face to face interview with the recruiter and regional manager. Both guys were really nice and helpful. Bell is one good company to work with.

Interview Question – How you reacted to negative customer feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still going through it

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Business Intelligence Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met the Bell's team at university's info session. Very friendly and supportive. They got my resume and I applied online as well. I got a Screening interview on the phone next week and a week after I got an email for the 2nd interview. The interview was more about behavioral questions and about my projects and routine questions. They specifically asked me if I had any background in business which I didn't.
I did not get the 3rd interview which was supposed to be a little technical like working with excel and preparing a presentation.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. They just needed more detail about your resume. They asked me to talk about a project that I used my analytical thinking.
Asked about a situation when I had to show initiative and more or less similar questions.
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bell Canada in December 2010.

Interview Details – Discussed the opportunity of becoming a Billing Project Manager instead of a Operational Manager with the Director of Billing

Interview Question – Will you fit in with the current management staff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a 10% increase, I accepted.

Manager - Bell Business Markets (CP2) Interview

Manager - Bell Business Markets (CP2)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada.

Interview Details – Through a recruiter. Regular process likely different.

One phone interview with my eventual boss (which was the main one). The position would be at the Toronto campus but she was in Ottawa so I had a follow-up meeting in person with someone else from her team in Toronto.

That meeting I think was just for sanity check because we wanted to fast track it and until then I hadn't met anyone in person (just emails and phone).

Interview Question – Fit questions mostly. Tell me a bit about yourself, what is a professional weakness of yours etc.

She told me I was a strong candidate because I've done something related and my "English was better than the others".
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relatively recent grad, and through a recruiter. Salary was agreed upon prior long before the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada.

Interview Details – Went to their head office for an interview. Staff reception desk people act like it's a detention center. Was led to an area inside that had cubicles, smelled trashy and had a spill on the floor. Waited for half hour, only one interviewee showed up, 2 others including manager did not even bother! The interviewee didn't make eye contact and asked pre-written questions from a list. After a few days they sent me a technical test to complete.

Interview Question – Asking a technical question that they don't fully understand   View Answer

Bell Business Markets Interview

Bell Business Markets
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews to cover the management levels. Nothing out of the ordinary questions.

Interview Question – What makes up a good sales person?   Answer Question

Workforce Management Specialist Interview

Workforce Management Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bell Canada.

Interview Details – Applied through their career portal for the new grad position. Received a call in 6 weeks for a phone interview. Phone interview was just a screen interview asking me about my technical skills, where I worked, what software I used results etc. Was asked to meet them for an in person behavior interview. Very straightforward questions: Tell me about yourself, what kind of work environment turns you on/off, what do you expect from this role etc.

Interview Question – My experience --> The recruiter said that I looked like an entrepreneur, like I had that sense of spirit. Didn't really know how to react, so I took it as a compliment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because I am a new grad.

Worked for Bell Canada? Contribute to the Community!