Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bell Helicopter
- Intern (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Resource Analyst (2)
- Human Resources Associate (2)
- Supply Chain (2)
- Finance LDP (1)
- Safety Engineer (1)
- Human Resources Manager (1)
- Senior Quality Engineer (1)
- Procurement Specialist (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Engineering Intern (1)
- Research and Development Engineer (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Production Engineer (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Project Engineer V (1)
- Senior Procurement Specialist (1)
- Organizational Change Management (1)
- Associate Contracts Administrator (1)
- Senior Supportability Engineer (1)
- Procurement Specialist I (1)
- Sandblaster (1)
- Industrial Engineer, Staff (1)
- Senior Cost/Schedule Analyst (1)
- Manager Work Comp (1)
- Business Systems Modernization Analyst (1)
- Materials and Processes (1)
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Helicopter (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2012.
Applied in January, received a call from HR on Monday of the second week in May notifying me of selection for an interview. Interview was two days later via phone. I spoke with the manager of my department and the engineer I would be assigned to. The conversation was very casual and there weren't any difficult technical questions. Once I was hired, I asked my boss why they picked me. He told me out right that they didn't really care much about technical knowledge, we were all engineering students and expected to know our stuff. The main point of the interview was to see how easy we were to talk to and gauge our enthusiasm for the company.
- 1) Tell us about a project you worked on with a group, your role, and how your group overcame at least one challenge. 2) Why do you want to work at Bell? 3) General questions about interests and what you do for fun. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Bell Helicopter
Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bell Helicopter (Hurst, TX) in May 2010.
I was contacted by an internal recruiter who provided me with information for the formal interview. The interview was with multiple groups. I spent 1 hour in each interview. They interviewers mostly talked about Bell Helicopter and what the group daily work entails. I was not asked any difficult or tricky questions. Actually, the interview was mostly about what to expect from Bell. I received an offer a week later, but the HR process after this took almost two months. I got the impression this was actually a quick turn around compared to others. I believe Bell loses talented possible employees due to HR process.
- Can I tell you how I got my patent? Answer Question
Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bell Helicopter (Hurst, TX) in March 2010.
My interview was held two months after applying online. It was difficult to get in touch with HR to check on my status, just like any other corporation. I was offered the position five weeks later.
- The questions were very standard. Not many were technical. Answer Question
Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bell Helicopter in July 2008.
Unbelievable interview: Starts with a HR lady with an extremely short and tight skirt. Hiring manager gave me the tour and asked the illegal question of if I was married. Director's interview consisted of him clipping his nails while grilling me on basic engineering questions. Then he leaves and wants me to write a 1 page essay on why he should hire me. I had a friend who already worked there who later told me that the place really old school and that she was leaving. HR guy invites me to lunch, but has me pay for mine. After trying to get an answer on hiring for 2 months, they finally gave an offer that I was able to turn down since I found another job.
- Then he leaves and wants me to write a 1 page essay on why he should hire me. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining