Bell Helicopter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Modernization Analyst Interview

Business Systems Modernization Analyst
Hurst, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in January 2012.

Interview Details – Single interview while I was in college for a contracted, essentially internship, position. The interview process involved questions about what our current understanding of how businesses operate, what Bell Helicopter does, what we're doing in our project, and how we can contribute positively to the process. I would say it was one of the most straight-forward interviews i've been in and the most practical.

Interview Question – Interview was fairly striaghtforward and I think the most difficult question was what we knew about the project and how we could contribute. It was a pretty interesting project and knowing about what they were doing there is what helped out in the long run. Outside of that you're expected to understand the chain-of-command in a business and proper channels to go through when moving forward with something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Senior Cost/Schedule Analyst Interview

Senior Cost/Schedule Analyst
Hurst, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bell Helicopter.

Interview Details – Hired for direct after working as Contractor

Interview Question – None, very easy.   View Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in June 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty much a basic interview. Asked about past experience. Times i failed, made difficult decisions etc.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I had very little experience from internships in college.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hurst, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in July 2009.

Interview Details – As a contractor on the Business Systems Modernization Project the interview process consisted of two phone interviews. I was surprised to get the offer without a face to face but the money was right so I accepted.

Interview Question – I don't recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with the firm that placed me out there.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in May 2012.

Interview Details – Bell Helicopter offers a Summer Internship Program each year. The number of positions and departments where the positions are located are based on business need and vary from year to year. I received a phone call from the hiring manager, he asked different personality questions, like what are your interests. About a month later I was sent an offer.

Interview Question – Very easy   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Hurst, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in August 2008.

Interview Details – long and found out they did not tell the truth during interview.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the position only pays - then found out they lied

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hurst, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter who provided me with information for the formal interview. The interview was with multiple groups. I spent 1 hour in each interview. They interviewers mostly talked about Bell Helicopter and what the group daily work entails. I was not asked any difficult or tricky questions. Actually, the interview was mostly about what to expect from Bell. I received an offer a week later, but the HR process after this took almost two months. I got the impression this was actually a quick turn around compared to others. I believe Bell loses talented possible employees due to HR process.

Interview Question – Can I tell you how I got my patent?   Answer Question

Senior Supportability Engineer Interview

Senior Supportability Engineer
Hurst, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in July 2011.

Interview Details – A manager with little IT experience, a subject matter expert, and a sourcing manager

Interview Question – Describe the data in detail.   View Answer

Organizational Change Management Interview

Organizational Change Management
Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in April 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I received a request to complete their job application. The application was long, detailed, and required attachments due to limitations in the software. I received a call from HR who scheduled the face-to-face interview. The HR rep did not have any additional information about the job or responsibilities, so interview prep was challenging.

I interviewed with two people: supervisor and peer. They asked technically specific questions as well as behavioral.

It has been almost a month since I interviewed and I have not heard anything (despite repeated follow-up).

Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bell Helicopter in March 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was held two months after applying online. It was difficult to get in touch with HR to check on my status, just like any other corporation. I was offered the position five weeks later.

Interview Question – The questions were very standard. Not many were technical.   Answer Question

Worked for Bell Helicopter? Contribute to the Community!