Bell Helicopter

2.7

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bell Helicopter in January 2015.

Applied online, and was contacted by hiring manager 3 months later. The manager asked if I was only interested in the internship I applied for, or if I would be interested in a different one. Scheduled phone interview with hiring manager, did the interview (which took less than 30 min), and received an offer a week later. Overall the process was very easy, and the people involved were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is/was the hardest class you've had?
      What qualities do you posses that make you stand out from your peers?

Answer Question

Finance LDP Interview

Applied through school job board, heard back in about a month, accepted interview and had an interview that week. There were two rounds of interviews, one from a recruiter and then the Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Two rounds of interviews, standard questions on why I'm interested in the company and what I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bell Helicopter.

Full day talent assessment process which includes 6 individual interviews and a technical group assessment. The process was a very good experience that involved a campus tour and meeting 20+ Current employees

Interview Questions
    • If you had the choice of upgrading the production line to robotics or keep the line working in place know the robotic production yields 3x production rate, what would you do to minimize production time and employee satisfaction   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bell Helicopter in September 2014.

Gave them my resume at a career fair in school. They called me the day after the career fair and scheduled me an interview for that same day. It was a behavioral interview. Nothing to be scared or surprised.
    Got a call like 2 months later for the feedback saying i was a strong candidate but did not meet the US citizenship requirement

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any conflict with your team?   View Answer

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

One interview with potential hiring manager. Some level of exposure to Bell and plant tour. HR offer took about normal amount of time, but a very short window to respond. No real negotiation possibility in personal experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bell Helicopter.

Very straight forward basic interview. Asked me to go through the engineering process of a couple things on my resume. Asked what the hardest class at the University of Texas(where I go to school) is in your opinion. Very friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what are the greatest leadership qualities I gained from being Social of my Fraternity and how they translate to being an Aerospace Engineer. Wasn't too hard to muster a good response to, but definitely made me think hard.   Answer Question

Configuration Management Specialist Interview

I got the interview via an engineering friend. The Interview process included a phone call, then an offer. I started out on contract to direct.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question: Please tell me about a difficult situation that you overcame, the actions you implemented and the results of those actions.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were very easy. They offered a sum and I accepted.

Senior Cost/Schedule Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bell Helicopter.

Hired for direct after working as Contractor

Industrial Engineer, Staff Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bell Helicopter.

STARs method - discuss past projects using format of Situation/Task, your activity, the results - dollars savings / % improvement / cost reduction. This was a special situation as a sister company, Cessna Aircraft, was experiencing a drastic downturn in business. Bell Helicopter had a job fair specific for Cessna Employees impacted by the downturn. This was a very decent and honorable thing for the parent company, Textron, to arrange.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they gave me a good salary; had to accept going back to 2 weeks vacation.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bell Helicopter in December 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After the initial phone screen, the company contacted me to interview on-site. The interview process was explained up front and the employees I came in contact with during my site visit were friendly, informative, and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one most difficult question, interview was mostly behavioral style.   Answer Question