Bell Nursery

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bell Nursery in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was not exactly private because there was no where to really go, they happen to be at home depot and the depot doesn't have a space vendors can go to when they need to. The interviewer was very down to earth and honest. I liked the interview, it made me feel very comfortable after being out of the work force for over a year that isn't easy. :)

Interview Question – Would you mind getting dirty?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would have a first interview and then a second. The interviewer decided I would not need a second but hired me on the spot.

Store Supervisor Interview

Store Supervisor
West Norriton, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Bell Nursery in February 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview basic questions about management and taking time off was I ok with the salary

Interview Question – How would you handle a dispute between Home Depot and Bells Nursery?   View Answer

Mid Management Interview

Mid Management
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bell Nursery in March 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Can I work any day on a moments notice.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary notnegotiable

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Driver Interview

Seasonal Driver
Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bell Nursery in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer was 3 hours late. Interview took 10 mins. Need a good driving record.

Interview Question – Not a difficult interview. Asked if I had experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told I'd get $13/hour. Given $12/hour

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bell Nursery in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is thorough. Initial phone interview quickly followed by a in-person interview with local management including Area Manager, District Manager and Regional Manager. They do NOT portray an accurate picture of expectations. The advertisement indicates full-time hours. Full time hours are only for a few weeks in April & May. Before and after these 8 weeks your hours can fluctuate between 10 hours (all on Saturday & Sunday) and 20 for the remainder of the season.

Interview Question – They gave you scenarios and you had to answer what you would do if that happened at your store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was zero negotiation on hourly wage. In fact the 2013 wages have decreased from $9.50 to only $8 per hour while expectations are even higher for 2013. Accepted position because I enjoy the Home Depot associates and management. I do not plan to return 2014

Seasonal Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at Bell Nursery.

Interview Details – They ask you normal interview questions at the Home Depot you are going to work at.

Very Easy Interview

Store Supervisor Interview

Store Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bell Nursery in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple standard questions such as work history, hours availability. Not really clear on all responsibility. Have to apply on line so will need access to computer. Some back ground questions. No drug tests required. Company is looking for people who can work independently. Did take awhile for all paper work to clear H.R.

Worked for Bell Nursery? Contribute to the Community!