Belvedere Trading

Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Belvedere Trading.

Total of two interviews with one project. First interview was an over the phone/skype style interview, more of a get to know you style interview and ask you about your resume. They follow this up with a project, they ask you to complete it within a week and submit it back to them. Within a week or two of that, you will be invited to do an on site interview in Chicago (typically a Friday into Saturday). You will come in and learn about the atmosphere, get a tour of the company, get a better understanding of how belvedere runs without any clients or customers. Once you have a basic overview, they tell you a bit more about benefits and do a few presentations on what different roles in the company do. From there you will give a presentation that's roughly ten minutes. From there, you will have a few rounds of interviews, the first half is about your experiences thus far, then they will ask you two logical questions each. To be honest, prep up for these questions because by the time the third round of interviews comes, you may not be thinking straight. After the interviews, you go out to "dinner" with individuals in the company. You come to realize that the oldest person in the company may be no older than Jesus when he died, and you find out that most of the people there were involved in greek life at some point or another through college. It's a competitive atmosphere, so it's not surprising. After they spoil all the workers and job candidates with some expensive drinks and appetizers, you go back to the hotel and wait to hear an answer for about a week to two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • How much does the Sears tower weigh? Describe how you came up with that number.   View Answer
  • You have an airplane, you need to weigh the airplane, but you don't have a scale. How do you weigh the airplane?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Belvedere Trading

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Belvedere Trading.

1st Round interview was a phone screen with HR - very friendly. This was to see if you would be a good fit for the company culture and covered questions regarding your resume, core values and interests. Heard back within a few days that I made it to the next round which would be a skype interview with two current Business Analysts. The interviewers were cordial, however one would interrupt me as if my answers were not what she wanted to hear. Started off with resume review, asking specific technical questions about what was on my resume followed by logic tests, business case and explaining use tests.

Interview Questions
    • Primary functions of content management system?
      Sell me on a particular feature of a regular item, based on mechanical function.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The phone interview about the resume, and skills believed to be most challenging for this position which works with both traders and software engineers.The HR seems nice, there is no technical part at this point, mainly about want did for last job. Guess I did not show really much passion, and they got that from the phone...

Interview Questions
    • At this time, did not have technical questions asked for the phone interview   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Belvedere Trading in August 2013.

First round of the interview. And there is no technical question. The HR briefly talk about what this position does and the company. Then discuss my background and ask why I apply for this position, what is my strength for this position, and what is the most important skill for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Belvedere Trading in December 2011.

1st interview was on campus. Followed up with a business project. got an invitation to fly out to Chicago. Interview was 5 hours long. 1st was a presentation to convince a panel to accept the business project as worthwhile. After that, there were 5 one-on-one interviews with the 4 panelists and 1 extra person. They took the time to ask basic questions, answer questions and help you with your presentation. After the one-on-one interviews, you are asked to present to the panel again where they listen and decide whether or not they want to hire you. Dinner with first year hires after. Make sure you bring up your greek (frat/sorority) affiliation.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer
    • there are 8 balls, 1 is heavier than the rest. you can only weigh them twice, how do you isolate the ball   View Answer
    • you missed the bus by 15 seconds and you are running late, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what's the most important thing to you when you are deciding between job offers?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Belvedere Trading in November 2011.

I applied through my school's career bulletin board. Although it was mandatory for trader candidates to do a logic test, business analyst candidates did not. The first interview consisted of a one-on-one interview where the interviewer asked both behavioral and case questions. A behavioral question was questions like "why did you decide your major, and why did you choose to go to this school?". My case question was "how many trays does a new restaurant need to buy at the beginning of the year?". After about a week, they emailed a prompt for a business proposal that was due in a week after the receipt of the email. If they like your proposal, they will send you up to Chicago for the last interview.