Ben Venue

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist I Interview

Bedford, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ben Venue.

Interview Details – I applied online. There was a phone interview with a senior analytical scientist who grilled me on prior experience. I was required to provide fingerprints on-site the day of the interview. Then, a full day of on-site interviews with 5 managers, 5 senior analytical/formulations scientists, 1 project manager, and 1 HR representative. Each interview was about 30 minutes with 1-2 people (usually 1 manager and 1 senior scientist). I was asked about prior research experience, if I had an understanding of what type of work was performed within the department, what my interests are at present and for 5 years in the future, why I was not applying to another department with my background, my analytical vs. formulations background, my understanding of industry regulations, and my background with GMP (good manufacturing practices). Some people interviewing me seemed to feel that Scientist I's need to come in with a deep knowledge and understanding of product & process development, while others blatantly told me that a Scientist I does not need to come in with any knowledge as they will be taught. They allowed me to select a team I wanted to work for, but told me that I would not necessarily be assigned to that team.

Lunch was not provided. Transportation/hotel was not offered (I assume because I already lived in the area). Later, I was required to complete an online personality test (very extensive and time-consuming), a background check, and a drug test. From the time I interviewed until I was offered the job was approximately 2 months. Very slow.

Interview Question – Why I was not applying to another department with my background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered what I felt was a fair salary & benefits package, so the offer was not negotiated. However, salary increases do not keep up with the cost of living, so you may want to negotiate high.

Aseptic Pharmaceutical Technicians Interview

Bedford, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Ben Venue in February 2011.

Interview Details – In depth interview process. It took me a year to finally get in because I was applying for every position that came up that I felt I was qualified for. Initial phone interview, followed by a Wonderlick Test, followed by fingerprint and background check, followed by in-person interview, followed by a drug test.

Negotiation Details – none

Production Specialist Interview

Production Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ben Venue.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR recruiter from corporate, set up office interviews the next week. Interviews were rather unorganized due to high demand on managers.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, general behavior based interview questions. My interviewers seemed very interested in getting to know me personally after going over the job description and my qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary, they agreed to the amount I asked for.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmaceutical Technician Interview

Pharmaceutical Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ben Venue in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview within two weeks of applying, however the interview was for a production position when I had applied for a quality position.

Interview Question – How I felt about wearing PPE   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available for me, however I have heard that others did.

Process Engineer Interview

Bedford, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ben Venue in January 2012.

Interview Details – TOO MUCH WORK FOR THIS POSITION! Horrible interview process all automated. Not personable at all. I would not recommend working here after hearing all the ppl that have bad feelings about this place. I interviewed in january and got a offer in april!

Interview Question – EVERY SINGLE QUESTION YOU CAN THINK OF!   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Bedford, OH

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ben Venue in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted for an interview by HR via email. Set everything up, and as the time grew closer it seemed the interview schedule fell apart. The total process took nearly a week, as everyday someone cancelled their portion (6-8 total interviewers). It was actually quite insulting. Half of them were late, if they came at all. Of those I actually met with everyone was incredibly intelligent and kind, but I was quite perturbed at how they chose to conduct/execute the interview process. It was as if they couldn't be bothered. As for the interview itself, I felt the questions were thought provoking, and followed a good style of interviewing. They were all behavioral based, and intended to gauge responses. Overall I was disappointed, the company did not come off very professional. Waited about two months, and decided to ask the HR rep if I should plan on hearing anything back about the job. SEVERAL days later she replied that they would know that week, so I would also. That was a little over a month ago, Oh well...

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a problem with a coworker.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had people work under you, but that didn't report directly to you? If so, describe how you managed them.   Answer Question

Physical Monitoring Interview

Bedford, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Ben Venue in October 2010.

Interview Details – Lack of explanation as to what they wanted in position. They basically said you have to be able to perform the duties of the job with a minimum of supervision. The position requires a bachelor's degree in a science related field, although they will interview those with prior experience in clean rooms. The interviewer asks questions from a piece of paper. It is a behavior based interview that is designed to see if you can communicate well and demonstrate past behaviors that fit well with position. If you are not a strong communicator, it may be held against you.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a lot to accomplish and were able to budget your time wisely to accomplish a given task?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you accomplished a difficult task that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Bedford, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ben Venue in November 2009.

Interview Details – 1st contact consisted of Phone screen by HR recruiters. 2nd contact consisted of phone screen by Hiring Manager. 3rd contact consisted of all day interview on-site. Learned I didn't get position a month later. Invited back for for interview for another position due to good reviews. Interviewed on-site on two additional occasions, first with peers, then w/ HR Was told I was selected for position. Took personality test. Never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Described a situation when you failed to complete a task   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Bedford, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ben Venue in January 2009.

Interview Details – I received an initial phone interview which was pretty standard (why are you looking, skills, experience, salary, etc). I heard back a few days later and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I'm lucky that I have learned from past experience and asked who I would be meeting with and how long I could anticipate being there - so I took the day off of work when I learned I would be meeting 6-8 people.

It was a great introduction to the company. The facility is nice - much larger than I ever expected! Very clean, newly remodeled, comfortable. Everyone was professional and very courteous. I met with business unit leaders from several different departments, which gave me a great feeling for the culture, the opportunity, and the needs of the organization. They asked a number of difficult behavioral-based questions (examples of times I had managed projects or encountered a difficult employee, etc.), but also gave me time to ask questions of my own. It was nice because it was definitely a two-way street of conversation, versus simply question-and-answer style interviewing.

I was not fortunate enough to receive an offer of employment, but I would have likely accepted if I had. The company seems to be stable, forward-thinking, respectful, and opportunities for advancement seemed to exist, as I met many employees who had grown through the ranks. If you are called for an interview, take it seriously - dress up, prepare, and show a sincere interest.

Interview Question – What would you have done differently in your career?   Answer Question

Systems Support Analyst Interview

Systems Support Analyst
Bedford, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ben Venue in October 2007.

Interview Details – I had 3 different 1:1 interviews that were between 30-45 minutes. I interviewed with the manager of my department, another IT department, and the Director of IT. The overall feeling of the interviews were somewhat casual and relaxed. They asked questions about my past experience and how I dealt with specific situations. The work culture is awesome. Everyone cares about what they do on a daily basis and everyone has some sort of moral standards, which seems very appropriate for a pharmaceutical business.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question
  • What is the most difficult situation you have dealt with involving customer service, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ben Venue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ben Venue interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ben Venue employees and interview candidates.