Ben & Jerry's Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Waterbury, VT).

Interview

The interview process was done by two hiring managers. They were very friendly and conversation was fun. Both were interested in me as a person and in what I had to say. It did not feel like they were rushing with the process and just doing their job. It felt genuine and open. They seemed honest because they were upfront with how they wanted to use the interview time. I respected that.

Interview Questions

• If I was a cucumber in a salad, and a person was about to eat me, what would I say?   1 Answer

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's.

Interview

I applied online, the questions were really simple and mostly aimed towards getting to know about your personality. I followed up about a week later by calling the store, they told me that they were just about to call me to set up an interview, which was great to hear. I ended up coming in for the interview a few days later, it was very quick. Only 10-15 minutes? They asked simple questions, and also asked about what I know about Ben & Jerry's, like how they make their ice cream and the projects they do outside of work. Definitely go on their website to learn more about it so you're prepared for the interview. They asked me what my favorite movie was, again trying to know about you and your personality. They're really looking for fun and upbeat people. After the short interview, they had me scoop my favorite flavor ice cream and I got to take it with me to go! They asked me if I'd be willing to air guitar - so of course I just said yes. And then when it came to the time to air guitar she said the music was too slow? At the end she said that they'd call me at the beginning of next week. I waited for the call, and called mid-week to follow up, they said they were busy opening another store, etc. and they'd call me the following week. They never did, which is fine, but is a bit unprofessional. I would have rather them called me and said they'd filled the positions or something. My friend ended up being hired for the job, and she says that they're very unprofessional and haven't told her when she'll even start working.

Interview Questions

Interview

The whole process was relatively easy. I applied online on their website and heard back within a few weeks. I wished they had given me more information about when they would contact me and other stuff like that. The interview took place in another location of their store. It wasn't too bad overall.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Yorktown, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

extremely easy, we spent 4 hours bouncing marketing ideas off of one another. Very unprofessional in my opinion, but the person interviewing me seemed fresh out of high school. Overall, it was pretty laid back, but confusing at the same time. I could tell it was unorganized.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions. it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I told them I couldn't accept what they offered and that $12.00 was the minimum I could do with the promise of commission (which I have yet to receive)

Scooper Interview

Interview

I knew the manager and was hired immediately

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Burbank, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Informal, there where not to many hard questions! Very casual. The questions where basic nothing too hard at all. It is not the forma interview that you might expect. Since it is a franchise there are no regulations on how to hire s they as questions on availability and so on and so forth.

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, VT

Interview

I worked at a scoop shop previously, came back to this job in the summer after my years in university. Simple application, make sure you include a cover letter it helps you stand out! Had to follow up a few times to check in on the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an ice cream allergy/really difficult customers?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's in June 2012.

Interview

Applied in store, received a phone in about 2 days. Went in the for the interview, Jason was very cool and earthy. I was hired on the spot and came in the next day to feel in paper work. I started training the following week and after that i started working.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer trying to steal how would you re act and your approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Kisco, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Mount Kisco, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Very Easy. Walked right in, was asked a few questions about my background and willingness to work. I think the process was based more upon employee chemistry than anything else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Scooper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ben & Jerry's in June 2007.

Interview

The interview was not anything to be excited about really. I do not even believe it can be described in 50 words (more like 10)... Basically, In went to the interview sat down with the manager. They asked me a series of questions such as: Have I ever worked? Ate Ben & Jerry's" why did I want a job? Future Plans? and that was all and I was hired

Interview Questions

• have I ever heard of Ben & jerrys   1 Answer