Benchmark Education

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Creative Interview

Creative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Benchmark Education in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy and normal

Negotiation Details – very straightforward

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Pelham, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Benchmark Education.

Interview Details – Benchmark Education's interview process was well done. The HR person is great to work with, accessible, professional, responsive, knowledgeable and succinct. The department leaders are the same. However, the CEO is negative, argumentative, insulting and lives in a black and white world.

Interview Question – The interview was positive, and the questions were specific and direct and well coordinated. I met with several people from two teams, and they were all interested, detailed and helpful.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

A Position In the Creative Department Say More Than That and IT Can BE Figured Out Probably Interview

Pelham, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Benchmark Education in November 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of back and forth, although that is pretty common in the job market today. Submitted samples, reviewed by three people, heard back from HR, some phone discussion which was informal, which is how I like to start things. Sat down with one male and two females (separately) in the department in addition to the HR person. Given freelance work at first, on site. Transitioned to full time.

Interview Question – Would I be OK dealing with a volitle personality? I was told they asked that of everyone...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate - "here is what we pay" - I would advise people to say what they want immediately at the talk about salary - because they aren't going to help you out there!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager/Director Interview

Human Resources Manager/Director
Pelham, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Benchmark Education in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an agency. Initially there was no written job description available. After an initial 2 hour interview with the VP of HR I submitted writing samples. I went to a followup/second interview with the VP again approximately 4-6 weeks after the first interview. I was told that I would get the final interview with the owners within 2 weeks. A month later I saw an ad online for a director with similar responsibilities to the manager position. The ad was pulled a few days later. During the interviews the VP seemed extremely stressed. She discussed the personality of one of the owners as being micromanaging and loud with "no filter". I was warned that yelling, cursing, etc were part of the corporate culture. I am a strong believer that the interview process indicates the way a company will treat you as an employee. I chose to withdraw my application after almost 3 months of interviews, emails, and waiting because it seemed like it would be a difficult stressful work environment and they could not decide what they wanted.

Interview Question – Questions about whether or not I could deal with the owner and her volatile personality.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Pelham, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Benchmark Education in February 2011.

Interview Details – The HR - VP called - phone interview then we set a date for a face to face interview - very quiet office - people seemed nice - the interview went for about 2 hours - basic questions - was told I would meet with CEO - after a month and several emails back and forth - they couldn't decide on what they needed - 2 months later - decided they needed a manager not an assistant.

Interview Question – Your weaknesses   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Benchmark Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Benchmark Education interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Benchmark Education employees and interview candidates.