Benchmark Senior Living

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.4

Department Head Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living.

interview on phone was very in depth and detailed
    group interviews very unprofessional
    interviewer unprofessional, made comments about how cute a male was
    interviewers seemed disinterested and bored
    hiring process was very detailed

Interview Questions
    • how do you control your personal life when you come to work   Answer Question
    lowball on salaries

Maintenance Technician/Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living.

this I'm sorry to say has been my worst ever interview experience it all started out on a saturday morning around 9;30 or so the phone rang and it was the facility manager calling upon my online resume (i must have what it takes if i was chosen to be interviewed right ?) anyway we didn't actually scheduled to meet until the following week on tuesday (his two consecutive days off are sun-mon) so i show up that tuesday morn and he was out sick, so the HR person does the interview, which was rather interesting to say the least it went ok so then i was asked to wait and hear from manager to set up an interview with him (two days pass) so manager and i finally meet for the most part it goes well we have great convo no tasks I'm not capable of performing i may even be over qualified but thats ok i can adapt. the interview comes to and i ask what is expected to take place next, and was told i would hear from him later that day after a conversation with the director (on site mind you ) well guess what I've not heard a word, in fact i have placed two calls over a weeks period of time left VM and to no avail he will not respond. whatever so two more days pass still nothing, i get it i get i can take a hint you don't want me, but at the very least communicate with the potential employee that you so very much seem interested in. one more thing, i took it upon myself to contact corporate home office HR . DO YOU THINK I GOT ANY MORE SATISFACTION FROM THAT ??? well your mistaken cause that was also a lost cause.

Dementia Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living in January 2014.

Thorough, was contacted initially by email, then had phone interview, then interview with ED of building, then with Regional ED and Regional Nurse Director, was offered position two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have a difficult question during interview, I enjoyed greatly meeting with the ED of building and the tour was great, did not like when Regional ED questioned me, I felt as if she was interrogating me.   View Answer
    offered 50,000 initially, then was told they could only offer me 48,000. Then was told by a less qualified director who was also hired around same time, received 12, 000 more a year because she was hired as a favor, "one of my best friends is best friends with regional."

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living.

Group interview first, less nerve racking, feed off other applicants, second personal interview with direct supervisor, one on one, more detail oriented.

Interview Questions
    wasnt, one, payrate was non negotiable

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living.

Process was slightly lengthy as it required a background check as well as a rigorous training process (a whole day event that may happen once every month so you have to wait to take the course before you are allowed to start training at the facility). When filling out the application make sure you ask the front desk to give it to the department head otherwise it could get lost or placed in the wrong mail box. Follow up, I cannot repeat how important this is. The more you nag, the better. It shows that you're extremely interested and will get you an interview. If there are no position available in that department currently, ask if there are other departments hiring. There are always positions available... always.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty straight forward (do you know what it is like to be a team player, can you multitask). I can't remember being stumped by any questions. The only somewhat real "thinking" question asked "Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't know what to do or were stressed and how did you overcome this."   View Answer
    No negotiating. They give you a range of 1-5% annual raise after a yearly review (if you do a good job you will get a 5 and receive a 5% raise or if you get a 1 you will get a 1% raise.. kind sucks but it makes sense).

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelburne, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelburne, VT

Contacted by phone for an interview after applying online. Very straight forward interview process. Was given a tour of community and asked basic questions. Contacted the following week for a second interview which was basically just a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation process. They told me what they would pay.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living in July 2010.

Process went pretty quick as company was looking to fill the role quickly. Recruiter was good about expediting the process.

Interview Questions
    • Are you certain that you are ready to leave your current employer   Answer Question
    A one time exchange regarding salary level.

Director of Community Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Benchmark Senior Living.

Interview was conducted at job site. The job description online was not very detailed. When asked how I was a good fit for the the position, I had to ask for more information. Overall pretty standard interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your work/life balance?

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you are a good fit for the position.   View Answer