Bendix

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Position Interview

Accounting Position

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bendix in October 2013.

Interview Details – Application was completed online. About one week later received a call from HR recruiter for a general phone screen, A few weeks later the face to face interview was scheduled. This was a panel interview and the questions asked were generated from personality assessment. Mix of medium, and difficult questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone your way was the best way.   Answer Question

Development Programs North America Interview

Development Programs North America
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bendix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the Bendix booth at our career fair and was allowed to sign up for a on campus interview the next day . After that I had a second round telephone interview. Then they invited around 30 of us to their factory in Cleveland. The first day we were shown around the city and had a reception with the company's leaders the same night. The next day there were more interviews and break out sessions . These sessions included team builders and were designed to see how well you operate in a team and with new people.

The process is really competitive as they only made around 8 from the final pool of 30 candidates .

Interview Question – Really nothing different . Standard behavior questions and questions about past internships.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate . It seemed a pretty good offer right out of college!

Engineering Development Program Interview

Engineering Development Program
Elyria, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bendix in November 2013.

Interview Details – Consisted of 3 consecutive panel behavioral interviews lasting an hour each, followed by team building activities. After talking to some of the employees who were currently in the EDP Program, it became clear, that the EDP program places candidates in different locations ranging from Mexico to Canada, based on the current needs of the company without a heads up, and without the candidate having a say in the assignment. Rotations are a year long, and rotate through different locations and divisions, but a manufacturing rotation is mandatory. What happens upon completion was described as being "up in the air" as their first EDP class has not reached that stage yet. The work/projects described were a rehash of the work I had done as a co-op with Bendix.
Team building activities were stressful and pointless. They kept all the candidates on a tight schedule by starting the days early at 7 am and 6 am, and going through the evening both times. Accounting for travel, this interview process was mentally and physically exhausting to say the least.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to use data for root cause analysis?   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Engineering Development Program
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bendix in September 2013.

Interview Details – Question one: in what area you are specialism on?
Question two: what do you think can make a team more efficient?
Question three: former work experience.

Interview Question – Question two: what do you think can make a team more efficient?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Elyria, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Bendix in November 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with communication from HR, stating interest in my expericne and an interview was set up. I was not local to the area, so Bendix reimbursed for gas. Interveiw process included 4 separate segments:
1st with the HR rep who had been in contact with me discussing general experience and expectations
2nd with two engineering supervisors. We discussed technical information and did an analysis of ABS data to see how I interpretted the data, along with other vehicle stability questions.
3rd with a lead engineer. We discussed experience and aspirations
4th with engineering supervisor. We discussed experience

A few weeks later I got a call from the HR rep, setting up a phone meeting with the engineering manager of the position I had interviewed for. When We had the phone meeting, the engeering manager offered me the job. After that was a couple phone called with the HR rep discussing pay and starting/relocation bonus. The came the acceptance letter and explination of benefits.

Interview Question – Not completely difficult, but I was asked a question regarding the Bendix Electronic Stability Control. I was asked which braking strategy the Stability should use in a particular case. The answer I gave is the same strategy that Bendix uses, but the engineering supervisor kept asking me other ways to do it, just to see how I approached the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first ful-time position acceptance, so I did not negotiate too much. In hindsight, I definitely should have asked for $10k more

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Windows Systems Engineer
Elyria, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bendix in January 2012.

Interview Details – First, they sent sent me a form to fill out to assess what I was doing and what my skills were. After a couple weeks I had a phone interview with a group. They asked some technical questions and things seemed fine. At one point I asked what a day in the life was like and I got the immediate answer "Hell!" (should have been a tip-off). A couple weeks later I drove through a snowstorm to go in for a 5-plus hour series of "tell us about a time when you screwed up", and "tell us about a time when fought with someone at work" type panel interviews. Very repetitive, very left-field, grueling. As mentioned, this was 5-plus hours that went through lunch-time and they never offered any food. By the end I was starving and dizzy. They said they'd get back in a week and.. nothing. I followed up with a thank-you and 2 emails asking the status and,, nothing. This is a rude company. This is how they treat "guests". From the tension I felt from the employees while there, it must be the way they do business. Glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee and had to go through other layers of management to resolve it.   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time you received criticism.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Ciudad Acuña (Mexico)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bendix in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview by phone
Phone interview with different managers and engineers
In person panel round interview with technical, administrative and human resources people.
Each group of interviewers was doing questions related with the position.

Interview Question – Thecnical questions related with engines
Projects administration questions
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 month of negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bendix.

Interview Details – Normal interview process. Half skill half behavior questions.

HR is professional. Financially stable company. Mixed message on company culture and value. It looks friendly and supportive working environment. But some employees seem dissatisfied.

Interview Question – What if people can not meet the deadlines?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer

Interviewed at Bendix

Interview Details – Mostly looking for behavior examples of the past that apply to the position. Results oriented. No silly questions, then interviewers spoke candidly with me afterwards. I recommend having some questions. Generally positive interview experience, but response time post-interview took some time.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you resolved a conflict with a difficult coworker(s)?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bendix? Contribute to the Community!

Bendix Videos

Bendix – Why Work for Us?

Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, a member of the Knorr-Bremse Group, develops and supplies leading-edge active safety technologies, air brake charging, and control systems and components under the Bendix® brand name… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bendix interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bendix employees and interview candidates.