Bendix

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.9

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bendix.

It was a direct hire from the campus fair in my college. It was fully a technical interview. But, I was at an advantage because I had work experience of close to three years to talk about. All my questions were based on my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • All was pretty standard. Only one question was tricky where they asked me how I would prioritize the production schedule. But, I gave an answer based on what I did and it was convincing enough.   Answer Question

Had an other offer.

Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bendix in September 2014.

Tough to get interviews without referral.Interview lasted about 40 minutes consisting mostly of behavioral questions.The interviewer was reading questions from a book like a robot and making a verbatim report.I'm someone who is passionate about vehicle technologies since childhood and expected the interviewer to ask me something about it.This never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about how you would behave in a conflicting work environment. You can look up all these on Google.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bendix.

Interview process was unclear to begin with. Same set of questions were asked by the hiring manager on four different interview occasions. Interview process was long and tedious. Had to wait 3 months for the final response after multiple phone and onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bendix in November 2013.

Consisted of 3 consecutive panel behavioral interviews lasting an hour each, followed by team building activities. After talking to some of the employees who were currently in the EDP Program, it became clear, that the EDP program places candidates in different locations ranging from Mexico to Canada, based on the current needs of the company without a heads up, and without the candidate having a say in the assignment. Rotations are a year long, and rotate through different locations and divisions, but a manufacturing rotation is mandatory. What happens upon completion was described as being "up in the air" as their first EDP class has not reached that stage yet. The work/projects described were a rehash of the work I had done as a co-op with Bendix.
    Team building activities were stressful and pointless. They kept all the candidates on a tight schedule by starting the days early at 7 am and 6 am, and going through the evening both times. Accounting for travel, this interview process was mentally and physically exhausting to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use data for root cause analysis?   Answer Question

Development Programs North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bendix in November 2013.

Went to the Bendix booth at our career fair and was allowed to sign up for a on campus interview the next day . After that I had a second round telephone interview. Then they invited around 30 of us to their factory in Cleveland. The first day we were shown around the city and had a reception with the company's leaders the same night. The next day there were more interviews and break out sessions . These sessions included team builders and were designed to see how well you operate in a team and with new people.

The process is really competitive as they only made around 8 from the final pool of 30 candidates .

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing different . Standard behavior questions and questions about past internships.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate . It seemed a pretty good offer right out of college!

Accounting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bendix in October 2013.

Application was completed online. About one week later received a call from HR recruiter for a general phone screen, A few weeks later the face to face interview was scheduled. This was a panel interview and the questions asked were generated from personality assessment. Mix of medium, and difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone your way was the best way.   Answer Question

Logistics Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bendix in September 2013.

I applied through career fair on campus and got an interview the next day. Go an offer one day after. All standard behavioral questions and no unexpected questions. The recruiter was very nice and friendly. The hiring process was fast and easy as they make quick decisions on coops.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bendix in September 2013.

Question one: in what area you are specialism on?
    Question two: what do you think can make a team more efficient?
    Question three: former work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Question two: what do you think can make a team more efficient?   Answer Question

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bendix in January 2012.

First, they sent sent me a form to fill out to assess what I was doing and what my skills were. After a couple weeks I had a phone interview with a group. They asked some technical questions and things seemed fine. At one point I asked what a day in the life was like and I got the immediate answer "Hell!" (should have been a tip-off). A couple weeks later I drove through a snowstorm to go in for a 5-plus hour series of "tell us about a time when you screwed up", and "tell us about a time when fought with someone at work" type panel interviews. Very repetitive, very left-field, grueling. As mentioned, this was 5-plus hours that went through lunch-time and they never offered any food. By the end I was starving and dizzy. They said they'd get back in a week and.. nothing. I followed up with a thank-you and 2 emails asking the status and,, nothing. This is a rude company. This is how they treat "guests". From the tension I felt from the employees while there, it must be the way they do business. Glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee and had to go through other layers of management to resolve it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you received criticism.   View Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Bendix in November 2011.

Started out with communication from HR, stating interest in my expericne and an interview was set up. I was not local to the area, so Bendix reimbursed for gas. Interveiw process included 4 separate segments:
    1st with the HR rep who had been in contact with me discussing general experience and expectations
    2nd with two engineering supervisors. We discussed technical information and did an analysis of ABS data to see how I interpretted the data, along with other vehicle stability questions.
    3rd with a lead engineer. We discussed experience and aspirations
    4th with engineering supervisor. We discussed experience

A few weeks later I got a call from the HR rep, setting up a phone meeting with the engineering manager of the position I had interviewed for. When We had the phone meeting, the engeering manager offered me the job. After that was a couple phone called with the HR rep discussing pay and starting/relocation bonus. The came the acceptance letter and explination of benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Not completely difficult, but I was asked a question regarding the Bendix Electronic Stability Control. I was asked which braking strategy the Stability should use in a particular case. The answer I gave is the same strategy that Bendix uses, but the engineering supervisor kept asking me other ways to do it, just to see how I approached the problem.   Answer Question
    It was my first ful-time position acceptance, so I did not negotiate too much. In hindsight, I definitely should have asked for $10k more