BeneFit Cosmetics

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aesthetician

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview Details – They had me start as a beauty artist. When I went in for my first interview they scheduled me to come back for a makeup addition. After my makeup addition they offered me a job. Sometimes they will call you back for a second addition though.
As far as the aesthetician interview goes they will have you bring a model in and do a brow wax, lip wax, etc. Benefit has a particular way of waxing brows called Brow Mapping so go online and look at that before your interview so you know what they are looking for. I believe they have it on their web page.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews with team members.

Interview Question – Need to know products   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online about a month ago and got called two days ago to set up a phone interview and from there I was called right on time. The interview was fairly basic the usual questions. My real advice would be confident in your replies. I personal love this cosmetics brand and really hope I make it to the next stage of the interview process. The really nice thing is because I have my Cosmetology license the lady interviewing me told me the Stylist position would help me utilize both my passion for makeup and hair doing that position at the boutique opening I find out Tuesday if I make the cut for the next portion of the interview. I know what to expect now and you should research before even doing the phone interview. And to add to that the interview over the phone lasted a bit under 20 minutes I have read people say theirs was an hour and others say it was only minutes. The questions seemed very basic and expected. The only clear downside in my interview was my lack of retail experience in an actual job environment, but she understood when we talked about I made up for it in my schooling for Beauty. In my case the location will be the first of its type and will be a boutique store, so they have to hire every position they intend to have at the store.

Interview Question – What do you know about BeneFit?
Why do you want to work for BeneFit?
Where do your passions lay in this part of the beauty industry?
Some of your favorite products from the company?
  Answer Question

International Business Development Coordinator Interview

International Business Development Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview Details – Applied on the Benefit website and was contacted by HR for an on-site interview. 1st round was with the team Manager, asked behaviorals, went through the position responsibilities and asked about past experiences. 2nd round was with HR and Director. Both were behaviourals.

Interview Questions

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line within two days I got called for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. It lasted about an hour. After the phone interview I waited for six business days until I received a call to come in to formally interview. The formal interview consisted of answering some questions, traffic stopping and a practical brow wax. Afterwards, I waited almost a month to hear back and to get an offer. With the offer accepted I waited almost four days to get a call from HR. HR did the background check and it took two days to come back. I began working for BeneFit three days later.

The interview process could have gone so much smoother if the hiring official had not taken vacation in the middle of the process. Waiting that long to hear back from a job is unnerving.

Interview Question – How will you get a person who has never heard of BeneFit before to sit down and try our products?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Please negotiate. I was so ready to move to a new city that I just accepted it without considering how hard I had just made it for myself.

If someone asks you if the offer sounds good ask them if it is okay to get back to them in a day or two. If they say no you should probably look for some where else to work or negotiate right away.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Interview Details – I first got a call to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later. Then, I had an audition. I was hired a week later?

Interview Question – What makes you the right candidate to be an Aesthetician with Benefit?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in September 2013.

Interview Details – Okay so the Benefit location I work at is in Macy's so I had to apply online from the Macy's Job website which took 15-30 mins because they make you fill out this personality test. p.s make sure that you read this test very carefully because this WILL determine whether you get an interview or not. So I finished the application and about 20 mins later I got an email saying that I was invited back for an interview and I had to click on a link that would take me to a scheduling center ( I know everything is so impersonal with these companies these days!). So I scheduled my interview that following Tuesday and when I went in and set in the waiting room until a nice lady came an got me to do the interview. She was the cosmetics Department Manager and so she asked me the regular questions about their Macy card, work experience, team work experience, selling, confidence level etc. While I was answering her questions I found her laughing at all of my answers, because my personality is so outgoing and spontaneous I make little jokes along with my answers (please make sure that if you do make jokes they are work appropriate) So after the interview she invited me back to meet with the Counter manager. So that Friday I had my second interview and THEY LOVED ME!!!! I was the first interviewee for that day and they said I set the bar for all of the rest of them after me because I had so much energy and confidence. So after the interview they called me back that Sunday offering me a job. So If your going for a job here you have to be very energetic, very confident, willing to go out and pick customers. You cant get discouraged easily, you always have to have a smile on your face, and most of all you have to know how to SELL, SELL ,SELL!!!!

Interview Question – They were all expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation .

Buyer Interview

Buyer

Interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics

Interview Details – Submitted application on line and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. HR was professional and friendly. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and she asked common interview questions. I didn't hear back from the company, even after I called to follow up on the status of the hiring.

Interview Question – Questions asked were all common interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in April 2009.

Interview Details – Hired via a Headhunter
Met with all the key department members
Met with VP of the Department

Interview Question – Asked to give examples of how I handle difficult people   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited. My headhunter did it for me.

Corporate Interview

Corporate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied by contacting the would be manager directly after doing some research. They seemed disorganized. Interview with three people including a VP -- asked me to prepare and do a presentation last minute. Gave me a gift. Told me I was a final candidate. Then get this -- NEVER called. NEVER replied to any of my two e-mails. They've been around for a while.. so to me I'm writing this company off. Completely unprofessional...

Worked for BeneFit Cosmetics? Contribute to the Community!