BeneFit Cosmetics

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Phone interview screening with HR, formal phone interview with hiring manager, then on site steps
    it is a long process and except delays and reschedules for the various interview steps
    Patience is key

Interview Questions
    • general questions about experience
      they like to know if you fit the culture - questions about personality and fit

Answer Question

Aesthetician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

They had me start as a beauty artist. When I went in for my first interview they scheduled me to come back for a makeup addition. After my makeup addition they offered me a job. Sometimes they will call you back for a second addition though.
    As far as the aesthetician interview goes they will have you bring a model in and do a brow wax, lip wax, etc. Benefit has a particular way of waxing brows called Brow Mapping so go online and look at that before your interview so you know what they are looking for. I believe they have it on their web page.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

2 rounds of interviews with team members.

International Business Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

Applied on the Benefit website and was contacted by HR for an on-site interview. 1st round was with the team Manager, asked behaviorals, went through the position responsibilities and asked about past experiences. 2nd round was with HR and Director. Both were behaviourals.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in February 2014.

I applied online about a month ago and got called two days ago to set up a phone interview and from there I was called right on time. The interview was fairly basic the usual questions. My real advice would be confident in your replies. I personal love this cosmetics brand and really hope I make it to the next stage of the interview process. The really nice thing is because I have my Cosmetology license the lady interviewing me told me the Stylist position would help me utilize both my passion for makeup and hair doing that position at the boutique opening I find out Tuesday if I make the cut for the next portion of the interview. I know what to expect now and you should research before even doing the phone interview. And to add to that the interview over the phone lasted a bit under 20 minutes I have read people say theirs was an hour and others say it was only minutes. The questions seemed very basic and expected. The only clear downside in my interview was my lack of retail experience in an actual job environment, but she understood when we talked about I made up for it in my schooling for Beauty. In my case the location will be the first of its type and will be a boutique store, so they have to hire every position they intend to have at the store.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about BeneFit?
      Why do you want to work for BeneFit?
      Where do your passions lay in this part of the beauty industry?
      Some of your favorite products from the company?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics.

I first got a call to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later. Then, I had an audition. I was hired a week later?

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right candidate to be an Aesthetician with Benefit?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in September 2013.

Okay so the Benefit location I work at is in Macy's so I had to apply online from the Macy's Job website which took 15-30 mins because they make you fill out this personality test. p.s make sure that you read this test very carefully because this WILL determine whether you get an interview or not. So I finished the application and about 20 mins later I got an email saying that I was invited back for an interview and I had to click on a link that would take me to a scheduling center ( I know everything is so impersonal with these companies these days!). So I scheduled my interview that following Tuesday and when I went in and set in the waiting room until a nice lady came an got me to do the interview. She was the cosmetics Department Manager and so she asked me the regular questions about their Macy card, work experience, team work experience, selling, confidence level etc. While I was answering her questions I found her laughing at all of my answers, because my personality is so outgoing and spontaneous I make little jokes along with my answers (please make sure that if you do make jokes they are work appropriate) So after the interview she invited me back to meet with the Counter manager. So that Friday I had my second interview and THEY LOVED ME!!!! I was the first interviewee for that day and they said I set the bar for all of the rest of them after me because I had so much energy and confidence. So after the interview they called me back that Sunday offering me a job. So If your going for a job here you have to be very energetic, very confident, willing to go out and pick customers. You cant get discouraged easily, you always have to have a smile on your face, and most of all you have to know how to SELL, SELL ,SELL!!!!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in July 2013.

Applied on line within two days I got called for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. It lasted about an hour. After the phone interview I waited for six business days until I received a call to come in to formally interview. The formal interview consisted of answering some questions, traffic stopping and a practical brow wax. Afterwards, I waited almost a month to hear back and to get an offer. With the offer accepted I waited almost four days to get a call from HR. HR did the background check and it took two days to come back. I began working for BeneFit three days later.

The interview process could have gone so much smoother if the hiring official had not taken vacation in the middle of the process. Waiting that long to hear back from a job is unnerving.

Interview Questions
    • How will you get a person who has never heard of BeneFit before to sit down and try our products?   View Answer
    Please negotiate. I was so ready to move to a new city that I just accepted it without considering how hard I had just made it for myself.

If someone asks you if the offer sounds good ask them if it is okay to get back to them in a day or two. If they say no you should probably look for some where else to work or negotiate right away.

Buyer Interview

Submitted application on line and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. HR was professional and friendly. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and she asked common interview questions. I didn't hear back from the company, even after I called to follow up on the status of the hiring.

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BeneFit Cosmetics in June 2012.

interview with account execute and regional manager. the interview consist of going to different locations and checking out the store culture. you are also asked for references and many personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experience in a sales environment. what are your likes and dislikes?   Answer Question
    no negotiation