Benefitfocus Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Manager, Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview - Excellent experience, quick to schedule, recruiter was enthusiastic and welcoming to the conversation, exciting company and culture, unfortunately I was over qualified for the position offered. She offered to and met with other recruiters to see if there was another fit within the organization at that time.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The interview was not too formal but I was asked both the typical HR questions along with questions on how I would handle certain situations. I met the Manager I would work with and also most of the team before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was about long term goals   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then in person interview with hiring manager, hiring manager's manager, and colleague of hiring manager. The recruiter left much to be desired, but the process with hiring manager and others was pleasant and professional. Left with good understanding of company direction, the way they value employees and customers, and what their expectations were of me.

Interview Questions

• Much regarding managing customer accounts, relationships, navigating c-level teams, etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

4 interviews including the initial phone interview with recruiter, then 3 face to face interviews, they asked lots of questions about handling irate client concerns, also how did I feel about working overtime, did not seem overly concerned that I did not have software experience, only that I had account management experience. They stressed this was difficult place to work because of the recent growth that had taken place.

Interview Questions

• If client had a change to make to their software application and it was keeping their employees from enrolling in benefits, and it was imperative that it be handled immediately and it was 5:25 on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, what would I do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

accepted the initial offer as it was what I asked for

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Benefitfocus in August 2014.

Interview

The technical questions where basic in nature regarding Java development. It was more of a memory type test. They also asked questions how you would address some of their current technical issues. The individuals asking the questions seemed to have a hard time speaking clearly.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve their problem making software deliverable schedules?   Answer Question

Benefits Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through a temp agency. The process was very quick and efficient - met with the agency and then interviewed directly with Benefitfocus later that week. I was extended an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to anticipate customers needs   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Three phone interviews with 1 to 2 Program Managers each, then an onsite interview with 4 Program Managers and the hiring manager. Overall process took nearly 2 months, which I understand is the norm for them (they are incredibly slow to move forward and make a decision).

Interview Questions

• None. They did want me to bring a 'scrubbed' project status report to 'present to them'. Scrubbing it is very important, since they are very sensitive about proprietary information.   Answer Question

Process was too long and offer was far too low. They seem to think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread right now. I was not impressed due to their arrogance.

Director, Employer Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus.

Interview

Usually a 3 interview process. Phone interview with Area Sales Manager, then phone interview with Regional Sales Director, and final interview with National Sales Director. After passing final interview, you are usually asked to do an in-person presentation to your Area Sales Manager, selling whatever you currently sell.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher than offered salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

After a couple of pre-screen interviews with different members of the project delivery organization, I was asked to fly to the corporate office for an in-person interview in Charleston. The position was for a team that they were spinning up in San Francisco.

I spent a weekend preparing a presentation of a scrubbed project delivery plan and took a PTO day to fly down and back the same day.

I was supposed to have 4 to 5 people show up to the interview after a tour. To my disappointment, only 2 people showed up to the interview, 1 of which had to leave within 10 minutes. The remaining Director remaining didn't really go over my presentation or interview me thoroughly.

The company had gave off an attitude that they were one of the best companies to work for and that anyone in for an interview should be considered lucky.

Given the lack of courtesy for my time and preparation and the air of superiority, I wouldn't spend any time pursuing an opportunity with this organization.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managing sensitive consumer information?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benefitfocus (Charleston, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair, and was set up with a brief initial phone interview to discuss the position and my qualifications, and what to expect at Benefitfocus.

About a week later I had a technical phone interview, and was asked a series of questions about basic CS concepts and about Java specifically. This involved very few problem solving questions, and instead focused on remembering the names of Java terms and concepts.

On the whole, the process was done quite professionally.

Interview Questions

• "What is the difference between a list and a set?"   1 Answer