Benihana

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Benihana

Interview Details – Took one interview- spoke with several managers and the general manager. Asked about experience and also told me about the background of their hiring system and promotion in house. Was impressed by my and I got the job on one interview.

Interview Question – Are you going to be on any vacations soon? How did you increase sales with upsells for entrees and beverages at your prior job? What is the best cocktail at that store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Benihana in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted regarding my resume posted on a careers website. I was in the middle of moving cross-country and the corporate recruiter asked me to contact her once I was settled in my new town, which I did. She returned a voicemail three days later, apologizing for the delay and asked if she could contact me the following day, as "something had come up." I contacted her again after two more business days of no contact from her, and she yet again said that she was occupied with an office matter and would like to reschedule our conversation for the following day. Have received no further communications from her.

Server

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Benihana.

Interview Details – face to face. a couple of background questions.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Benihana.

Interview Details – easy interview

Interview Question – pretty general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimum wage plus tips

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Restaurant Accountant
Doral, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Benihana in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interview with an HR person where a test was administered, followed by interview with Accounting Supervisor, followed by interview with Accounting Manager, followed by interview with Comptroller.

Interview Question – They give you a test with various accounting related multiple choice questions and 4 or 5 situations which you have to write down the classification in the correct accounting format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me several weeks later with an offer and they matched my asking salary right away so there was little negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Coral Gables, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Benihana in August 2010.

Interview Details – My mom's friend was currently working as a server and she heard that they are looking for a host/hostess. We came around 3:00 pm when the restaurant was closed and I filled up an application. The assistant manager talked to me right away and review my documents. He was a bit intimidating and strict.

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation phase really. I just got a phone call on a Sunday afternoon asking if I could come in to work the next day. He gave me instructions on what to wear and what to bring etc.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Pennsauken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Benihana in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 casual interview with the restaurant manager. Asked about previous experience and availability. He explained how the training would work, restaurant hours and uniform requirement. Interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Waiter Interview

Waiter
Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Benihana in June 2011.

Interview Details – Quick, easy, and informal.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Worked for Benihana? Contribute to the Community!