Benihana Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Benihana

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Benihana in December 2011.

Quick and easy. Two interview process. One with Head Manager then with Assistant Manager. Interview was placed in open bar area during slow business hours. Head Manager was friendly and welcoming, but the Assistant Manager was cold and rude during the interview process. When it came to negotiations I was unfortunately set up with the Assistant Manager who made it clear no negotiation of wage would happen. Minimum was was all they were going to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to become a hostess?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Employeer said they would only pay minimum wage and would not pay any higher. She said that they never negotiate and I can take it or leave it.

Server Interview

Took one interview- spoke with several managers and the general manager. Asked about experience and also told me about the background of their hiring system and promotion in house. Was impressed by my and I got the job on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to be on any vacations soon? How did you increase sales with upsells for entrees and beverages at your prior job? What is the best cocktail at that store?   View Answer
    No negotiation necessary.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Benihana in December 2013.

Was contacted regarding my resume posted on a careers website. I was in the middle of moving cross-country and the corporate recruiter asked me to contact her once I was settled in my new town, which I did. She returned a voicemail three days later, apologizing for the delay and asked if she could contact me the following day, as "something had come up." I contacted her again after two more business days of no contact from her, and she yet again said that she was occupied with an office matter and would like to reschedule our conversation for the following day. Have received no further communications from her.

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Benihana.

face to face. a couple of background questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Benihana.

easy interview

minimum wage plus tips

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Benihana in February 2009.

Phone interview followed by in person interview with an HR person where a test was administered, followed by interview with Accounting Supervisor, followed by interview with Accounting Manager, followed by interview with Comptroller.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a test with various accounting related multiple choice questions and 4 or 5 situations which you have to write down the classification in the correct accounting format.   Answer Question
    They called me several weeks later with an offer and they matched my asking salary right away so there was little negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Gables, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Benihana in August 2010.

My mom's friend was currently working as a server and she heard that they are looking for a host/hostess. We came around 3:00 pm when the restaurant was closed and I filled up an application. The assistant manager talked to me right away and review my documents. He was a bit intimidating and strict.

There's no negotiation phase really. I just got a phone call on a Sunday afternoon asking if I could come in to work the next day. He gave me instructions on what to wear and what to bring etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pennsauken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Benihana in September 2011.

1:1 casual interview with the restaurant manager. Asked about previous experience and availability. He explained how the training would work, restaurant hours and uniform requirement. Interview lasted about 15 minutes.

No negotiation

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Benihana in June 2011.

Quick, easy, and informal.

None.

Worked for Benihana? Contribute to the Community!