Benjamin Moore

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview Details – Average hiring process. Spoke to 4 stakeholders plus HR person. Nothing particularly interesting or insightful about the interview. Definitely got the feeling they were trying to get younger skewed (or at least fresher blood) staff. They were definitely not interested in negotiating salary or benefits. There were a few false starts and stops and I came away feeling the organization was a bit more confused than a first look lead me to believe.

Interview Question – The old standby about how do you think your past experiences will help Benjamin Moore. lAs I said - nothing new or unique!   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Territory Representative
Rochester, NY

I interviewed at Benjamin Moore in May 2014.

Interview Details – Short interview talk mostly of past experiences. We spent what short time we did primarily going over my resume. I thought I did alright but i think I over shot the salary question.

Interview Question – Basically reviewed my resume.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Benjamin Moore in May 2011.

Interview Details – Quick call back, good conversation and open about the company. questions were routine. Met with Vice President, Senior Vice President and two senior marketing managers. Everyone was every nice and asked engaging questions.

Interview Question – ask a lot of real life examples but nothing too hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no room to negotiation on salary

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview Details – They brought me in for 1:1 interview with hiring manager back in December, group interview with 3 people in January, turned me down. Contacted my agent in March for similar position stating they are still very interested in me, brought me in again for 1:1 interview in April, then group interview with 3 people in May, turned me down again. These people do not make any sense. All management is fairly new and seems like have no clue what they are doing.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview Details – apply on line, take a personality test, Interview, then fill out another application on line, then offer letter, background check

Interview Question – There weren't any because it was standard stuff, what have you been doing, why interested, what is your skill set, do you understand the job, what qualifies you....   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because they lied and offered, than re-nigged on offer, then accused me, horrifying experience. They don't like people wanting to know options before going in. I don't get that. Why not be able to ask questions about any perks and clarification and challenging the low salary? One must know what one is walking into.

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview Details – MANY rounds of short meetings that didn't get to the heart of the role or day-to-day. It was easy to get through, but not really a good way for either side to see if it would be a fit.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All discussions were totally conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not very friendly or open to negotiation. Promises made by HR in the negotiation (but not put explicitly in writing) were NOT UPHELD.

Region Credit Manager Interview

Region Credit Manager
Carol Stream, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Benjamin Moore in February 2010.

Interview Details – All credit positions are go through several steps. The HR phone and in person interviews are required. The Sales Management team does an interview and is part of the process. The headquarter staff has input and may require a trip to the New Jersey headquarters

Interview Question – A lot of focus in place on customer service and interaction with the sales force   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little opportunity to counter-propose. A written offer is made, base on conversation before the final ofer. Once in writing - cannot be changed.

Data Administrator Interview

Data Administrator
Montvale, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore in December 2010.

Interview Details – Sat with several different employees and managers to answer questions.

Interview Question – None that I could recall   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Benjamin Moore in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was slow. Started off with phone interview, followed by interview at headquarters with about seven people. The company sat me in a room and then I had three rounds of interviews with 2 people at time. The last interview was with the hiring manager who spent some more time with me than the previous rounds. After this I waited two months to get an offer. Background and drug tests required.

Interview Question – Outside of work and the business skills you possess, what defines you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company did not negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Montvale, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Benjamin Moore in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a very nice HR person, who gave me a preliminary over the phone interview and then subsequently scheduled me for a follow up in-person interview with 3 people. Office seemed nice, and the marketing staff seemed pleasant. Two out of three people read my resume prior to my arrival (which as nice) and were interested to hear what I had to offer. The third had not read my resume prior and seemed as though she already had her mind made up before I even spoke. Interestingly enough, she was the most recent addition to the Co. They seemed terribly young for the positions and responsibilities they held.

Interview Question – Did you have any experience working with franchisees?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Benjamin Moore? Contribute to the Community!

Benjamin Moore Videos

Benjamin Moore – Why Work for Us?

We've been dreaming in color since 1883. And we've been preserving, protecting, and beautifying North America's structures all of that time. Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Benjamin Moore interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Benjamin Moore employees and interview candidates.