Benjamin Moore

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.4

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

I was contacted by a HR for telephone with some informal questions. Definitely it was an interviews with those wierd questions. There were 2-3 telephone interview and one in person interview and one group interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember having hard time with questions. It was more about the job.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The condition was imposed by the company with no room for negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Benjamin Moore in July 2014.

Interview was with Hiring Manager right away. There was not the typical interview with HR that larger organizations have. The comments about the turnover in the organization posted by others and the multiple CEO changes were confirmed in the interview.

The role was interesting and there seems to be some opportunity.

Some research about the organization led me to believe that there is a lot of young blood there. As someone who is young as well, this seemed promising. Although after my interview and more analysis of the situation, I don't feel that that would be a fit.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Average hiring process. Spoke to 4 stakeholders plus HR person. Nothing particularly interesting or insightful about the interview. Definitely got the feeling they were trying to get younger skewed (or at least fresher blood) staff. They were definitely not interested in negotiating salary or benefits. There were a few false starts and stops and I came away feeling the organization was a bit more confused than a first look lead me to believe.

Interview Questions
    • The old standby about how do you think your past experiences will help Benjamin Moore. lAs I said - nothing new or unique!   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

They brought me in for 1:1 interview with hiring manager back in December, group interview with 3 people in January, turned me down. Contacted my agent in March for similar position stating they are still very interested in me, brought me in again for 1:1 interview in April, then group interview with 3 people in May, turned me down again. These people do not make any sense. All management is fairly new and seems like have no clue what they are doing.

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

interviewed at Benjamin Moore in May 2014.

Short interview talk mostly of past experiences. We spent what short time we did primarily going over my resume. I thought I did alright but i think I over shot the salary question.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

apply on line, take a personality test, Interview, then fill out another application on line, then offer letter, background check

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any because it was standard stuff, what have you been doing, why interested, what is your skill set, do you understand the job, what qualifies you....   View Answer

Because they lied and offered, than re-nigged on offer, then accused me, horrifying experience. They don't like people wanting to know options before going in. I don't get that. Why not be able to ask questions about any perks and clarification and challenging the low salary? One must know what one is walking into.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Benjamin Moore in April 2014.

It was smooth and a comfortable move. Human Resources internally, outside recruiter support, hiring manager, and market director were all professional and very knowledgeable about the job at hand.

It was very easy.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

MANY rounds of short meetings that didn't get to the heart of the role or day-to-day. It was easy to get through, but not really a good way for either side to see if it would be a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All discussions were totally conversational.   Answer Question
    They were not very friendly or open to negotiation. Promises made by HR in the negotiation (but not put explicitly in writing) were NOT UPHELD.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Benjamin Moore in November 2013.

Have to go through a temp agency to be hired here, and have to be willing and able to be flexable with all shifts. Have to be able to answer all types of questions, a degree will really help you also. Have to be able to work well with others and should know how to talk to people

Interview Questions
    • Why should Bejamin hire you and what can you offer this company   View Answer
    How about one more dollar

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Benjamin Moore.

There was no pre-screening with HR, nor was I given any advance information about the company, benefits or the position - I was just scheduled for interviews.
    I met with 3 different people. All just kept their eye on the clock and kept reminding me I only had 1/2 hour with them. One didn't seem pleased to know that I had not met with HR.One spent half the interview trying to tell me why they joined Benjamin and how happy they were to be there. One person just kept yawning throughout the entire interview - didn't even try to cover it up or apologize for his behavior.