Benjamin Moore Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.5

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and almost immediately got an email from the HR recruiter for a phone interview. The initial phone screen interview lasted about an hour and was much more in depth than what I was told the interview was going to cover. Was incredibly uncomfortable and unfair. The HR screen interview should cover the basics and then when you meet with the people who are actually working on the team, the hard questions should come out. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large project you led that was not successful and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore in January 2015.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled several times. When I was finally seen, the hiring manager had a member of her team that had been there for a week interview me because she was busy. She couldn't tell me anything about the company or my potential boss.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR for telephone with some informal questions. Definitely it was an interviews with those wierd questions. There were 2-3 telephone interview and one in person interview and one group interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember having hard time with questions. It was more about the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The condition was imposed by the company with no room for negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with HR then a second phone interview with Hiring Manager, then two separate face to face interviews. One with VP then the second with other Managers that I would be supporting. Overall a 3 month process

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was with Hiring Manager right away. There was not the typical interview with HR that larger organizations have. The comments about the turnover in the organization posted by others and the multiple CEO changes were confirmed in the interview.

The role was interesting and there seems to be some opportunity.

Some research about the organization led me to believe that there is a lot of young blood there. As someone who is young as well, this seemed promising. Although after my interview and more analysis of the situation, I don't feel that that would be a fit.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore.

Interview

Average hiring process. Spoke to 4 stakeholders plus HR person. Nothing particularly interesting or insightful about the interview. Definitely got the feeling they were trying to get younger skewed (or at least fresher blood) staff. They were definitely not interested in negotiating salary or benefits. There were a few false starts and stops and I came away feeling the organization was a bit more confused than a first look lead me to believe.

Interview Questions

• The old standby about how do you think your past experiences will help Benjamin Moore. lAs I said - nothing new or unique!   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

They brought me in for 1:1 interview with hiring manager back in December, group interview with 3 people in January, turned me down. Contacted my agent in March for similar position stating they are still very interested in me, brought me in again for 1:1 interview in April, then group interview with 3 people in May, turned me down again. These people do not make any sense. All management is fairly new and seems like have no clue what they are doing.

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

interviewed at Benjamin Moore (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Short interview talk mostly of past experiences. We spent what short time we did primarily going over my resume. I thought I did alright but i think I over shot the salary question.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (New York, NY).

Interview

apply on line, take a personality test, Interview, then fill out another application on line, then offer letter, background check

Interview Questions

• There weren't any because it was standard stuff, what have you been doing, why interested, what is your skill set, do you understand the job, what qualifies you....   1 Answer

Because they lied and offered, than re-nigged on offer, then accused me, horrifying experience. They don't like people wanting to know options before going in. I don't get that. Why not be able to ask questions about any perks and clarification and challenging the low salary? One must know what one is walking into.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Benjamin Moore (Gary, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

It was smooth and a comfortable move. Human Resources internally, outside recruiter support, hiring manager, and market director were all professional and very knowledgeable about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• Who was your best sales manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy.