Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)

www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Manager

Interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of interviews. It was quite good and the interviewers seemed quite vibrant. The initial round was taken by the a Zonal Manager and the subsequent round by the Regional Manager. There was no HR interview round initially.

Interview Question – How I could justify my abilities to achieve repeated sales targets.   Answer Question

Senior Officer- Advertising & Planning Interview

Senior Officer- Advertising & Planning

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was very interesting with 3-4 rounds.First two rounds were with the HR, The forth & fifth round were with higer managers - head of department & Branch head. It was quite tough, but a very good laerning experience.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in July 2013.

Interview Details – all good

Interview Question – the questions were all average   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it depends on person to person

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Producer Interview

Executive Producer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group).

Interview Details – Be very patient because this process takes longer than expected unless someone from the inside recommends you.

Negotiation Details – This was the most difficult!!!

Copy Editor Interview

Copy Editor

Interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)

Interview Details – I had to take a written test for editorial position. The process was professionally handled by the HR department personnel of the the organisation.

Negotiation Details – Amicable

DNE Interview

DNE
Lucknow (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in January 2009.

Interview Details – Written test followed by interviews

Interview Question – How about your English? That too to a person who has spent more than five years in English journalism and holds a Masters' degree in English literature   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They offered a salary and I was looking for an opportunity to move of my place of employment in 2002

New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in August 2008.

Interview Details – Responded to the advertisement and was selected after two rounds of interview

Interview Question – Why do want to come back to Jaipur after working in Delhi   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Instead of being employed in the subsidiary company, asked for being employed in the parent company which was accepted by them

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in June 2011.

Interview Details – HR Round,Deptt Head and finally interviewed by the Deptt.Director

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from a consultant through a job portal and then a one to one interview with Immediate supervisor and then with senior manager.

Interview Questions

Head Marketing Interview

Head Marketing
Cochin (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in May 2011.

Interview Details – The Telephonic offer came through a placement agency. On my agreement, name was refereed to the employer. The employer Called and had a 30-45 mts Telephonic Interview. Then on his visit to my Town, He called for a 1 to 1 interview. Intimation call came only one day in advance.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to co ordinate and start an Edition of a English News paper right from thr Title clearance to printing with in 45 days Time.   View Answer
  • What do you think a Print Centre at Kochi for a Chennai edition with an additional Kerala Desk at Chennai. Once the Registration and other process is completed we can think in terms of a Independent Editions for Kerala with printing at Kochi and Trivandrum   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had some restrictions for the Location.The Offer at the location I wanted doesn't match with my past experience , position and Profile.

Worked for Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)? Contribute to the Community!