Bentek Energy Consulting

Very Easy Interview

Energy Analyst Interview

Energy Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details – Approximately four weeks after applying through the company website I was contacted to set-up an in-person interview. Unlike other interview processes I did not have a 20-30 minute phone screening interview, and the in-person interview was set a distant 7 weeks in advance.

Prior to the interview I tried to solicit further information regarding the position, compensation, and timeline but had little luck.

The actual in-person interview was six 30-minute one-on-one interviews. All the mini-interviews had the same structure, a review of my resume and the interviewer telling me about the company.

Even though before meeting any of the interviewers I was given a different itinerary (from the one I was emailed), still the process didn't stick to it.

It became painfully obvious that only one or two of the six people had actually looked at my resume prior to meeting me, and the rest hurriedly looked it over before we began.

Each interviewer emphasized personality fit as being the most important trait (as opposed to technical knowledge), and I probably had poor fluidity in 4/6 interviews.

The company's new location couldn't be better, and though most people seem great, I was disappointed at the lack of organization and the position's lack of priority/emphasis on technical/quantitative skills.

Interview Question – How did you hear about this position?
What do you know about Bentek?
  Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting

Interview Details – Contacted a few weeks after applying through their web site. Had multiple multi-person phone interviews before going into their office. All day interview, met all levels of management, had a professional lunch. Beautiful campus, great amenities, people seemed friendly. Process was very chaotic, though. Many people did not have any background information (resume, position being interviewed for, etc) before the interview, or seemed unsure of how to conduct interview.

Interview Question – Case questions, Excel competency test   Answer Question

Senior BI Interview

Senior BI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was to be four 30 minute interview sessions with 2 individuals in each session. I initially met the 2 managers of the group and I asked them a number of questions related to a) how are resource allocations determined? "We do it". B) How are strategic decisions made? "We have an exective team make strategic decisions".

I was interviewing for Senior BI position, but quickly learned that a majority of my job would be focused on writing scripts and pulling data from documents, web pages, etc.

This place is clearly a classical top down decision making company with likely very little opportunity for advancement.

I ended the interview after the 1st interview. This place was definitely not for me.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Energy Analyst

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in August 2010.

Interview Details – Sent resume and cover letter in online and got a standard phone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and concluded with me sending in some writing samples. After about a week was asked to interview in person which required me to fly out to their location. The interview was scheduled about a month out. The in person interview was about 3 hours and I met with about 10 different people some 1:1 some in groups. Most were pretty standard except for one guy who gave me an excel skills test and asked me more consultant style case questions. I was warned that their hiring process took a long time but had no idea. I would call in for updates about every other week and was told they were still making a decision but no new information ever. After about two months of this I called and told them I really needed to know because other opportunities were knocking. They then offered to fly me out again in two weeks which I agreed to but then eventually had to decline the second interview because it was just taking to long and other things couldn't wait.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Energy Interview

Energy

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2008.

Interview Details – Three in-office interviews in front of 7-10 employees each time.

Interview Question – There were no scripted questions. Each interviewer was unique, and asked questions, answered questions, and generally described their job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I chose not to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bentek Energy Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bentek Energy Consulting interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bentek Energy Consulting employees and interview candidates.