Bentek Energy Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bentek Energy Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Approximately four weeks after applying through the company website I was contacted to set-up an in-person interview. Unlike other interview processes I did not have a 20-30 minute phone screening interview, and the in-person interview was set a distant 7 weeks in advance.

Prior to the interview I tried to solicit further information regarding the position, compensation, and timeline but had little luck.

The actual in-person interview was six 30-minute one-on-one interviews. All the mini-interviews had the same structure, a review of my resume and the interviewer telling me about the company.

Even though before meeting any of the interviewers I was given a different itinerary (from the one I was emailed), still the process didn't stick to it.

It became painfully obvious that only one or two of the six people had actually looked at my resume prior to meeting me, and the rest hurriedly looked it over before we began.

Each interviewer emphasized personality fit as being the most important trait (as opposed to technical knowledge), and I probably had poor fluidity in 4/6 interviews.

The company's new location couldn't be better, and though most people seem great, I was disappointed at the lack of organization and the position's lack of priority/emphasis on technical/quantitative skills.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?
      What do you know about Bentek?

Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview that basically went over my resume and past relevant experience. Some difficult questions about experience so be ready to go into specific details about everything on your resume. Asked specific questions about experience giving presentations and wanted to know specific details about my experience doing statistical analysis. Currently I am waiting to hear back about the phone inteview.

Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted a few weeks after applying through their web site. Had multiple multi-person phone interviews before going into their office. All day interview, met all levels of management, had a professional lunch. Beautiful campus, great amenities, people seemed friendly. Process was very chaotic, though. Many people did not have any background information (resume, position being interviewed for, etc) before the interview, or seemed unsure of how to conduct interview.

Senior BI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2012.

Interview

It was to be four 30 minute interview sessions with 2 individuals in each session. I initially met the 2 managers of the group and I asked them a number of questions related to a) how are resource allocations determined? "We do it". B) How are strategic decisions made? "We have an exective team make strategic decisions".

I was interviewing for Senior BI position, but quickly learned that a majority of my job would be focused on writing scripts and pulling data from documents, web pages, etc.

This place is clearly a classical top down decision making company with likely very little opportunity for advancement.

I ended the interview after the 1st interview. This place was definitely not for me.

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in August 2010.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter in online and got a standard phone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and concluded with me sending in some writing samples. After about a week was asked to interview in person which required me to fly out to their location. The interview was scheduled about a month out. The in person interview was about 3 hours and I met with about 10 different people some 1:1 some in groups. Most were pretty standard except for one guy who gave me an excel skills test and asked me more consultant style case questions. I was warned that their hiring process took a long time but had no idea. I would call in for updates about every other week and was told they were still making a decision but no new information ever. After about two months of this I called and told them I really needed to know because other opportunities were knocking. They then offered to fly me out again in two weeks which I agreed to but then eventually had to decline the second interview because it was just taking to long and other things couldn't wait.

Energy Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bentek Energy Consulting in October 2008.

Interview

Three in-office interviews in front of 7-10 employees each time.

Interview Questions

• There were no scripted questions. Each interviewer was unique, and asked questions, answered questions, and generally described their job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate.