Bentley Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Exton, PA).

Interview

I had a phone screening that was very brief, followed by a in-person interview. It was pretty basic interview process and questions, nothing too hard or unexpected. I interviewed with several people in a single round. I did not have to do a second round of interviews, I received an offer within a few days, with some brief negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume in the college career fair. They followed up with an email a few weeks later to set a time for a phone interview. Interview consisted of basic questions about programming background and on CS fundamentals. This was followed by a trivial coding exercise. They left some time out at the end for questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Quite simple. Mainly a conversations about where your interests lie, where you would fit in at the company and other semantics which would set up your Summer internship. Really didn't grill you on anything at all. Didn't ask much about your qualifications or ask questions which tested your knowledge

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley Systems.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a phone interview, which I scheduled a few days later. The day came, and I never received a call. I emailed again stating my interest. This time, the interviewer asked to reschedule for two weeks later. We had a phone interview, and I was offered an in person interview. I gave the interviewer my availability and they said I would be contacted the following week to schedule. Two months have gone by, and I have not heard anything. I wish they had not wasted my time, and told me up front if they were not interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team? How are your communication skills?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems.

Interview

I spoke with campus recruiters at a college career fair. They were very nice people and the company seems solid. After speaking with them and giving them my resume, they emailed me within a week or two to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with two recruiters on a three-way call. The interview took about 45 minutes to an hour. We went through my resume and talked about my qualifications. They asked me about projects I worked on, how I contributed/led, and what I wanted to do when I got out of college. We then all logged onto a Google Drive account and they had me do a short, very easy problem. They stayed on the phone with me while I wrote it out.

Interview Questions

• No question really caught me off guard. They asked why I wanted to work there and why I'd be a good fit. The programming question was fizz-buzz, so it wasn't very hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bentley Systems in November 2014.

Interview

I met HR's at Bentley Systems at University Career Fair and got a call for telephonic interview within a week. In the telephonic interview I was first asked about my work experience and then technical concepts like polymorphism, abstraction, interfaces, design patterns along with two coding questions. I did not explain bookish language but was able to explain the practical implementation of these concepts (I was later told this was expected). After a week, I got another email for an online assessment test for which am yet to appear. Will update this post once that's done.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions weren't very difficult but they needed some more time. One of them was: Given a string, find all possible unique words that can formed from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had one interview with Sean and he was extremely friendly. I explained my past experience and he asked me moderately difficult technical questions. We then used collabedit to type out an O(n^2) complex problem. He was a great person and sounds like a great company. I honestly wish them the best of luck.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (Kansas City, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

They asked some technical questions, size of data types on different systems, languages fluent in, design patterns/methodologies. The language doing most of their heavy lifting in all their different software platforms is C# and the .NET framework. They gave an unmonitored dynamic test for competency afterwards were you have 3min to answer each question and the questions increase in difficulty after each one answered correctly. Wanted to know of previous real world experiences with teams and solo projects. Great company to work for it seems. Nice place to work, really nice mesh chairs, big dual monitors, personal desks and comfortable amount of office space, nice green outdoors space on the roof to relax or work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were told to do something you knew for a fact would not work out because you're personal experience has proven it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems.

Interview

Applying as an intern, they had 2-hour interview with me. The first hour, I interviewed with a marketing director and my supervisor. Another hour, I interviewed with two colleagues. It is intensive since they could ask any questions. During the interview, they could tell you what salary they would offer. After the interview, I waited for few days to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared since they could ask any question on your resume and outside of your resume   Answer Question

Wed Developer Summer2014 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bentley Systems (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of 3. They asked about about prior experiences and projects and few technical questions. Then they described about the company and the project. Interview was for about 1.5 hours.Immediately next day I received an email offering the position. I accepted.