Bentley Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bentley Systems.

Submitted resume in the college career fair. They followed up with an email a few weeks later to set a time for a phone interview. Interview consisted of basic questions about programming background and on CS fundamentals. This was followed by a trivial coding exercise. They left some time out at the end for questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bentley Systems.

I was initially contacted for a phone interview, which I scheduled a few days later. The day came, and I never received a call. I emailed again stating my interest. This time, the interviewer asked to reschedule for two weeks later. We had a phone interview, and I was offered an in person interview. I gave the interviewer my availability and they said I would be contacted the following week to schedule. Two months have gone by, and I have not heard anything. I wish they had not wasted my time, and told me up front if they were not interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a team? How are your communication skills?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bentley Systems.

I spoke with campus recruiters at a college career fair. They were very nice people and the company seems solid. After speaking with them and giving them my resume, they emailed me within a week or two to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with two recruiters on a three-way call. The interview took about 45 minutes to an hour. We went through my resume and talked about my qualifications. They asked me about projects I worked on, how I contributed/led, and what I wanted to do when I got out of college. We then all logged onto a Google Drive account and they had me do a short, very easy problem. They stayed on the phone with me while I wrote it out.

Interview Questions
    • No question really caught me off guard. They asked why I wanted to work there and why I'd be a good fit. The programming question was fizz-buzz, so it wasn't very hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bentley Systems in November 2014.

I met HR's at Bentley Systems at University Career Fair and got a call for telephonic interview within a week. In the telephonic interview I was first asked about my work experience and then technical concepts like polymorphism, abstraction, interfaces, design patterns along with two coding questions. I did not explain bookish language but was able to explain the practical implementation of these concepts (I was later told this was expected). After a week, I got another email for an online assessment test for which am yet to appear. Will update this post once that's done.

Interview Questions
    • Coding questions weren't very difficult but they needed some more time. One of them was: Given a string, find all possible unique words that can formed from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bentley Systems.

I had one interview with Sean and he was extremely friendly. I explained my past experience and he asked me moderately difficult technical questions. We then used collabedit to type out an O(n^2) complex problem. He was a great person and sounds like a great company. I honestly wish them the best of luck.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bentley Systems in September 2014.

They asked some technical questions, size of data types on different systems, languages fluent in, design patterns/methodologies. The language doing most of their heavy lifting in all their different software platforms is C# and the .NET framework. They gave an unmonitored dynamic test for competency afterwards were you have 3min to answer each question and the questions increase in difficulty after each one answered correctly. Wanted to know of previous real world experiences with teams and solo projects. Great company to work for it seems. Nice place to work, really nice mesh chairs, big dual monitors, personal desks and comfortable amount of office space, nice green outdoors space on the roof to relax or work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were told to do something you knew for a fact would not work out because you're personal experience has proven it?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bentley Systems.

Applying as an intern, they had 2-hour interview with me. The first hour, I interviewed with a marketing director and my supervisor. Another hour, I interviewed with two colleagues. It is intensive since they could ask any questions. During the interview, they could tell you what salary they would offer. After the interview, I waited for few days to receive the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared since they could ask any question on your resume and outside of your resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2014.

It was a 30 minutes interview and the first few questions were related to what was on my resume, and then a coding session where they asked me a simple C program to solve.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2014.

Hired full-time after an internship with the company in Exton. Interviewed by several directors to ensure I went to an area of the company directors felt not only matched my skill set, but that I also personally had interest in working. Interviews done entirely in person, in both 1:1 meetings as well as 2:1 meetings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bentley Systems in February 2014.

I met the recruiter at a campus career fair. They emailed me a week later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 1 hour. They asked about my resume, what project i liked the most, and what I know about the company. Then they asked me to look at some code in C++ online and explained to them what the code does. They also asked me to code on a google doc. The overall process was fairly easy. The recruiter and the interviewers are really nice.