Berdon

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berdon

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Berdon in August 2014.

First met with HR and Partner. Second visit with another HR person and Manager. Very flexible and willing to meet with me at 8 AM before work. Nice office, recently renovated, although not very big (at least from what I saw).

Interview Questions
    • They focused on what kind of personality I had and whether I'd be willing to adapt quickly to new challenges and engagement types.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I felt very comfortable during the interview and hiring process at Berdon. I interviewed with two partners, as well as the HR manager. They asked thoughtful questions and left enough time for me to ask several of my own. I felt like they were genuinely interested in what I had to say.

I also had the opportunity to go to lunch with a few younger accountants closer to my own age. There I was able to ask more candid questions about things such as the work/life balance without fear that I would receive a biased or sugarcoated response.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide my personal definition of leadership.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Berdon in May 2008.

First, did a phone screen with the recruiting gal. Then, met the partner in charge (LESSER than most!). Both went great. Then, met two peers - also directors - went great. partner in charge wants to consult my immediate supervisor at previous job (Deloitte). Give him senior partner's name and phone number. He leaves a message and Deloitte partner calls back and leaves a message. Then another message. Then another. No calls back, no professional courtesy, NO CLUE! After two more weeks of trying to email/call myself, recruiter gal picks up phone and tells me she'll find out where we're at and return a call. NOTHING! Not worth any more discussion - complete non-factor in forensic business anyhow, but would have been nice for process to be conducted professionally.