Berico Technologies

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berico Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Berico Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Process was initiated with a recruiter, but went smoothly. I had 3 phone interviews before they decided it was worth meeting me and assigning me a Brain Bench Programming Concepts Exam. All the interviewers were open and highly technical.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Programming Concepts Brain Bench exam. I don't recall any difficult interview questions   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate about 5K more than initial, but this was a government contract so labor rates were already set

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Berico Technologies in July 2011.

If you are the only candidate for a position that is critical to fill, the interview will go smoothly. The technical interviews are ruthless. Even more so if there are many candidates to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of the client space in which I was being hired for.   View Answer
    They low balled me, but we agreed to meet in the middle. Recommend going in high with this company. They use the typically wrap rate model for their billable FTEs. You need to push them to get them to budge into their margins. Your bonus the first year will be maybe a gift card or $300 if you've been there over 6-8 months so you need to get your money in your pay. The next year is only marginally better, and so on. They will tell you bonuses are good, but the reality is only for the VPs who get $30K+ or more in bonuses even if they have only been there a few months. Every year they will say they had a down year (even in the good years) to get around not paying good bonuses and being able to keep the VPs and above in the range of what they are accustomed to.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Berico Technologies.

Phone call, interview with peers and supervisor, offer. Be very careful!!! The recruiters will say anything to you to get you to interview as they seem fairly desperate for talent. I was promised a variety of things that I found out were flatly untrue upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • The Chief Engineer seems sincerely passionate about technology and wants people who feel the same way. Be prepared for questions about your favorite technologies and why.   Answer Question
    Specified a salary requirement during the interview and they matched. If you low-ball yourself, expect them to do the same. Many people here are underpaid.

Software Architect Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Berico Technologies in December 2011.

awesome, but lengthy interview process. company wants to ensure that candidates fit the culture, and want to hear about previous product development. process consists of multiple phone screens, then 1:1 internal interview, and optional 1:1 onsite client interview if candidate is planned to be billing onsite.

Interview Questions
    • Explain some differences between Microsoft MVP pattern and MVVM mattern, in practical coding situations.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a product you have worked on that you are most excited about.   Answer Question
    Amicable. Not much room for negotiation, but excellent offer.

Intelligence Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berico Technologies in November 2010.

All interactions with the company and its representatives were positive. Their approach to the entire process was very laid back and more about actually finding out about your experiences and qualifications than being very formal and possibly making you nervous. For the most part, initial and all subsequent contact with the company is through the recruiter. The recruiter prescreens you and will be your main point of contact for any questions and will guide you through the process and inform you of what is next. I completed several phone interviews with various levels of leadership before any in person. The in person interview overall was just as laid back as the phone interviews. It was very conversational and full of behavior based questions. The process was also very informative and I left with a better understanding of the company mission, values and culture. It seemed like it would be a fun place to work and develop my career. Unfortunately, I was not given an offer nor any real feedback as to why.

Interview Questions
    • If you could create a program that would support an intellgence mission what would it look like and do?   View Answer

Worked for Berico Technologies? Contribute to the Community!