Berkeley College

2.1

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Park, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Berkeley College in June 2014.

The whole process was a HUGE waste of time. A staffing working on behalf of Berkeley called me for a position, after 2 interviews and 4 weeks of wasted time they went out on there own and offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just a big waste of time dealing with a bunch idiots who should have realized that there is finders fee for trying to get you the best candidate/   Answer Question

Department Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Berkeley College.

I was called the day after I applied for the job and hired 3 days later. No background check or reference check. It was unprofessional, never got a campus tour, the interview was about an hour and it was a Director level position. I never had orientation or training. It was sink or swim from day one.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was simple, no hard questions, it lack professionalism because of the lack of questions that should have been asked considering the seriousness of the position. I learned that a Director position is really a entry level position that anyone can attain. Unfortunately, I learned that after I started working there.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate, it was a low paying salary for a Director, I should have picked up on the red flag. But I am paid 6 figures now so its just a matter of time and kissing butt to get to the right salary.

Anonymous Interview

Interviews are easy, just research the company before the interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself - Difficult question if you do not know the right words   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Berkeley College in August 2012.

Fine

Good and respectful

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Berkeley College in January 2012.

I was told about an internal opening for instructional designer, so I emailed my resume to the head of the department and he liked it so he emailed me about an interview. We sat down for a half hour or so and talked about the different aspects of instructional design. He was big on team work, teaching pedagogy, consistency and organization.

International Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Berkeley College in August 2011.

Knew the contact person on the job posting and had an interview scheduled quickly. Didn't ask me any questions normal for an interview and said I basically had already done this job in my past position so I was clearly qualified, but did ask lots of questions about my past employer, and told me I was top of the list for the job at the end of the interview. Interviewer's supervisor called for a phone interview next day and indicated they would hire someone else due to that person's special skills. But then the following day they both called on conference to offer me the position.

Did not negotiate, offer was above my previous job's salary.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Berkeley College in November 2010.

The process began with an email submission, then a phone call within two weeks of submission, face to faceinterview which lasted about an hour with VP and manager of neighboring department.

Interview Questions
    • Questions based on longevity of previously held positions   Answer Question
    Be firm with your request. If they want you, you can negotiate a good salary.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Berkeley College in March 2010.

Apply online to their website for open positions. There was a meeting with the Dean, Chirs, faculty and students.

Admissions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Berkeley College in January 2008.

I received a call from the hiring individual which was upper management and a brief phone interview took place. A in- person interview was scheduled, where specific questions were asked about my previous job titles held. The positions is sales , which was not indicated as such, it was stated that position required excellent customer service skills, coupled accountability and interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    I was informed that the salary would be around 40k, which I indicated was low, due to my previous employment. We negotiated with 3 thousand less than my previous employer. I would advice others if, your salary is not matched from previous employer which was more and benefits are similar , one should reconsider.