Berkeley College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.3

Student Accounts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Berkeley College (Paterson, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 2 weeks later received a phone call to schedule an interview. The interview was very general and not many questioned where asked in terms of my skills and previous experience. I felt I was doing the interview and was asking all the questions. Also, I was not told that I would be interviewing with more than one person at a time.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions where asked of me. Most of the interview was just informing me of the positions responsibilities and explained their company benefits.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Berkeley College.

Interview

Applied through their online platform. Got an invitation for an interview via email. The position require an individual with ability to learn new software quickly and adapt to seasonal demanding work schedules.

My first interview was with the gentleman who was to become my supervisor-Research Analyst. He asked me first open ended questions such as; tell me about your skills and experience in spreadsheet programs.

My second interview-on the same day- was by the head of department (the previous interviewer was in the room too). He also asked specific question on my knowledge in using pivot tables. He also asked about my office administration skills. He asked what my academic plans were and if this position was aligned to them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used your excel knowledge to model a solution in a real world problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I started as a part time and then upgraded to full time in less than a month. The part time was to see of I was a good fit, I suppose.

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Berkeley College (Woodland Park, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process was a HUGE waste of time. A staffing working on behalf of Berkeley called me for a position, after 2 interviews and 4 weeks of wasted time they went out on there own and offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• None really, just a big waste of time dealing with a bunch idiots who should have realized that there is finders fee for trying to get you the best candidate/   Answer Question

Department Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Berkeley College (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called the day after I applied for the job and hired 3 days later. No background check or reference check. It was unprofessional, never got a campus tour, the interview was about an hour and it was a Director level position. I never had orientation or training. It was sink or swim from day one.

Interview Questions

• the interview was simple, no hard questions, it lack professionalism because of the lack of questions that should have been asked considering the seriousness of the position. I learned that a Director position is really a entry level position that anyone can attain. Unfortunately, I learned that after I started working there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate, it was a low paying salary for a Director, I should have picked up on the red flag. But I am paid 6 figures now so its just a matter of time and kissing butt to get to the right salary.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Interviews are easy, just research the company before the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself - Difficult question if you do not know the right words   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Berkeley College (White Plains, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good and respectful

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Berkeley College (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The VP of Admissions called me in. I met with her then the Director of Admissions and the rest of the team the same day and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• personality questions How would you handle a difficult student?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Berkeley College (Clifton, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

I was told about an internal opening for instructional designer, so I emailed my resume to the head of the department and he liked it so he emailed me about an interview. We sat down for a half hour or so and talked about the different aspects of instructional design. He was big on team work, teaching pedagogy, consistency and organization.

International Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Berkeley College (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Knew the contact person on the job posting and had an interview scheduled quickly. Didn't ask me any questions normal for an interview and said I basically had already done this job in my past position so I was clearly qualified, but did ask lots of questions about my past employer, and told me I was top of the list for the job at the end of the interview. Interviewer's supervisor called for a phone interview next day and indicated they would hire someone else due to that person's special skills. But then the following day they both called on conference to offer me the position.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, offer was above my previous job's salary.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Berkeley College (White Plains, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The process began with an email submission, then a phone call within two weeks of submission, face to faceinterview which lasted about an hour with VP and manager of neighboring department.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on longevity of previously held positions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be firm with your request. If they want you, you can negotiate a good salary.