Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies
- Claims Professional Trainee (16)
- Underwriting Specialist (4)
- Intern (2)
- Underwriter (1)
- Underwriter Trainee (1)
- Underwriting Assistant (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Real Estate Sales Agent (1)
- Claims Adjuster (1)
- Marketing Assistant (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (1)
- Underwriting Assistant II (1)
- Workers Compensation Professional Trainee (1)
- Entry Level Claims/Underwriter (1)
- Claims Assistanat-SF (1)
- Temp Posting- Underwriting Assistant (1)
- Medical Bill Analyst (1)
- Marketing Specialist/Alpharetta, GA (1)
- Claims Investigator (1)
3 people found this helpful
Human Resources Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies in March 2012.
No phone screen, hiring manager called to schedule an inperson interview. Interview went quite well - said she was interviewing 8-12 people. Called back 2 days later let me know I'd made the next round. I was asked to complete an online IQ /personality test. After this (and about 2 weeks later) scheduled for an inperson interview, panel with HR staff, and 1:1 with 2 different VPs. Also told there would be testing: an HR situational test (fine), a vocabulary test (okay?), and a math test (whaaa?) where you cannot use a calculator and includes fractions and square roots. How this relates to HR I have no idea.
Interviews went okay. One of the VPs was quite quirky and I felt the entire conversation was a trap. I was not informed ahead of time that all the testing was TIMED! 10 minutes for 20 math problems? Oh no.
Two weeks later (!) I received an email from a generic HR email account telling me that they were no longer interested. So incredibly rude after all I'd been through - weeks of cramming on math tests for no one to personally call me back.
- Tell me what is wrong with our list of values. Don't worry, I want the truth (wink wink). Answer Question