Berkshire Hathaway Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berkshire Hathaway

Claims Professional Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. They express a lot of interest in high school and college grades. They ask for your gpa, act, and sat scores as well. Overall they are very friendly over the phone. By far one of the best experiences I've had with any company over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you take any math classes in college and what was your grade in each? High school GPA?   Answer Question

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Meet with hiring manager, developer team, business analyst team, Chief Information Officer. The developer team asked me some technical questions and had me set up a mock project in 15 minutes. After the mock project I met with a business analyst who asked me about my collaborative experience. The position required collaborative/team experience. I was told I lacked collaborative/team experience based on my answers to their questions.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what the cross apply operator was   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. I interview twice, the first time the job was given to someone else, then another position opened up in the same field, I was interviewed by three different people and hired on the same day. First day of work was the following Monday.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in September 2013.

Interview

First being contacted by phone, then took an math and word matching quiz. It was about an hour, the math problems were really basic, no calculus, just plus and minus. Then after a week, have an interviewing with an underwriting manger, the interview is mostly behavior based, with one easy technical question.

Interview Questions

• What are the five information you want to know if you about to give a quota for a car?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

After phone interview with hiring manager, invited to face-to-face with the team. Several 'what-if' scenarios presented having to do with interactions with subject matter experts. I believe they were interested in diplomacy skills. Technical skills tested via example of output from database and question "How would you frame your script to pull these results?". Also quizzed on expertise with requirements gathering and documentation, test methodologies, data warehouse concepts. Group of five people on interview panel. Not stressful; relaxed environment.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Macomb, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

Simple, straight forward interview with the man who is now my boss. Very professional!

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in February 2012.

Interview

Met with executive management and ownership. Discussed options for employment or contract work. Discussed opportunites and challenges currently faced as well as anticipated through sales growth. Discussed opprotuities with separation of manufacturing facilities into two plants.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers expressed concern of lack of challenge for me since this opportunity is a much smaller business.   1 Answer