Berkshire Hathaway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

Interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview Details – Applied on Craigslist. I interview twice, the first time the job was given to someone else, then another position opened up in the same field, I was interviewed by three different people and hired on the same day. First day of work was the following Monday.

Interview Question – None, all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Actuary

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in September 2013.

Interview Details – First being contacted by phone, then took an math and word matching quiz. It was about an hour, the math problems were really basic, no calculus, just plus and minus. Then after a week, have an interviewing with an underwriting manger, the interview is mostly behavior based, with one easy technical question.

Interview Question – What are the five information you want to know if you about to give a quota for a car?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in October 2011.

Interview Details – After phone interview with hiring manager, invited to face-to-face with the team. Several 'what-if' scenarios presented having to do with interactions with subject matter experts. I believe they were interested in diplomacy skills. Technical skills tested via example of output from database and question "How would you frame your script to pull these results?". Also quizzed on expertise with requirements gathering and documentation, test methodologies, data warehouse concepts. Group of five people on interview panel. Not stressful; relaxed environment.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Macomb, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in March 2010.

Interview Details – Simple, straight forward interview with the man who is now my boss. Very professional!

Interview Question – Can't say there were any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Plant Manager Interview

Plant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met with executive management and ownership. Discussed options for employment or contract work. Discussed opportunites and challenges currently faced as well as anticipated through sales growth. Discussed opprotuities with separation of manufacturing facilities into two plants.

Interview Question – Interviewers expressed concern of lack of challenge for me since this opportunity is a much smaller business.   View Answer

Worked for Berkshire Hathaway? Contribute to the Community!