Berry Appleman & Leiden

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position off Craigslist and was contacted by an HR representative to set up an interview with 3 attorney's at the Dallas office. They all asked standard interview questions and were friendly which made the interview very natural. Then shortly after my first interview I was invited back for a second one which was with two co-workers which focused on similar standard interview questions (i.e. do you have immigration experience? Why do you want to work here? How organized are you? What's an accomplishment you are proud of?) After that I took a written assessment asking me if two things are the same or different and circle it if it's different or the same. Then I had a reading comprehension section which asked me questions about what i read. Finally, I had to circle if words were misspelled and the correct definition.

Interview Question – Overall I found oddly enough the co-worker interview the most difficult since they seemed very tense.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden.

Interview Details – Applied through CL and spoke with HR to schedule an in person interview. Sat through 4 rounds of interviews (2 with HR and 2 with attorneys).

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in June 2010.

Interview Details – I learned about the opportunity through a mutual friend, but they also advertise on Craigslist. This is a good job for a recent college graduate. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted to schedule an interview. I met with two attorneys individually, as well as 2 paralegals. They basically ask you to talk about your experience and background and why you're interested in the job. They may ask you typical interview questions- nothing too scary. You don't need immigration experience, just a good academic background, interest in the job, and a good personality. Come prepared with questions for the attorneys and paralegals. You also take a straightforward test of basic legal words and spelling.

Interview Question – What kind of management style do you prefer? Do you work better in a team or individually?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was required to take a spelling assessment, where I had to circle misspelled legal terms and then circle the best definition selection out of 3 choices for each word listed. Furthermore, the assessment also judged your attention to detail, which you must decide whether two sentences listed are the same or different. In the midst of all of this, I also interviewed with about 8 different people in between finishing my assessment, which i found to be a little excessive. However, the company culture seemed very relaxed for a law firm and everyone dressed business casual. I think I interviewed well, but i did not know some of the legal jargon, which is why I think I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Question – what is your favorite color, holiday, animal? Tell me a story using all 3?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Berry Appleman & Leiden in February 2011.

Interview Details – After checking in at the front desk, one of the associates led me to a conference room and left me alone to take an assessment that tested my spelling skills, knowledge of legal terms and attention to detail. Afterwards I was led to another room and different employees rotated through to meet with me. One explained the job in more detail and the culture of the firm (busy, must be able to multi-task, 40 hour weeks), another asked me your basic interview questions, and at the end two of the senior associates/partners asked me more about my resume. I was extremely nervous and allowed myself to be intimidated by the last two interviewers which apparently showed because I received an email the same day stating that I was no longer in the running for the position.

Interview Question – If you had a client that you had to advise and lead to the right associates, what would you ask?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Berry Appleman & Leiden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Berry Appleman & Leiden Immigration Assistant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Berry Appleman & Leiden employees and interview candidates.