Berry Plastics Group

Very Easy Interview

Packer/Material Handler Interview

Packer/Material Handler
Bettendorf, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group.

Interview Details – very simple interview,not many questions,took me out to production floor brief explanation of process, took me to a line to pack a box and walked around the lunch area and lockers and time clock,sent me to take drug screen and started couple days later

Interview Question – wasnt a real difficult question asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they start you at a specific rate, i started at 9.31/hour. it is higher now

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Dunkirk, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Met with the plant manager and the HR manager over lunch to discuss my capabilities. We also discussed the plant needs in regards to quality and culture improvements. This position was already be filled by a temporary manager. They were waiting on a contract, if they got the contract then they would hire me.

Interview Question – I did not find any question to be difficult, I was confident with my abilities and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

N/A

I interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Through staffing agency otherwise can't get the job. They asked if I was ever late for work and why did I leave my current employer. Other than that interview was pretty easy. Once hired have a 1 day training day.

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I have great customer service skills and great experience

Interview Question – What can you do for us?   View Answer

Production Scheduler Interview

Production Scheduler

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group.

Interview Details – I was not currrently living in Baltimore at the time of my interview. Thus I interviewed with 4 different people in the same day. I am not sure if that was thier standard interview process or not.

Interview Question – All question were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation

Thermoforming Maintenance Interview

Thermoforming Maintenance
Lawrence, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Most people are hired through a Temp Service, however it is possible to be hired on directly. You can visit the Berry Plastics website or find them on other career sites and apply there. The process for me was very smooth and quick. I filled out my application online and submitted it, within a few days HR called me and set up an interview the next day. I showed up on time and was taken on a tour of the Facility before being led to an office. There I was interviewed by several people, mostly regarding what the current job demanded and if I was able to do it. After the interview HR called me the same day to let me know I was chosen for the job. I then had to take a urinalysis as well as a physical. Within a week I was working full time.

Interview Question – This job can be very dangerous, as well as lethal, is that something that you understand and can proceed with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they start most of the mechanics out as a Level 1 and the pay is the same. I of course did not have alot of experience. If you have more experience it could be different for you.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Maintenance Technician

Interviewed at Berry Plastics Group

Interview Details – one on one interview, job application with resume. Discussed work schedule and what was expected. The difficult parts of the job and the not so difficult parts of the job. Answered any questions that I had. Drug test before offer. Process took about a week. They changed supervisors during the 2 week notice period that I had and I had to come back and talk to new supervisor prior to start date.

Interview Question – none that I did not have the answer for. More detailed to what type of work I had performed in the past. Releveant questions to maintenance topics.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Automation Engineer
Alsip, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – They were interested in someone who could troubleshoot their equipment and apply knowledge on small improvement projects

Interview Question – Unexpected technical quiz   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview. Mostly concerning previous job experience. I had to take a test that targeted your critical thinking skills. The interview was very easy to talk to and casual. Everyone at the office wanted to make me feel welcome and important.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest personal/ life challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave the standard pay that all interns started with.

Graphic Artist Interview

Graphic Artist
Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Berry Plastics Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and involved. I had several tests to take for HR, a physical (that later turned out to be unnecessary except for someone with a pre-existing condition), and then several interviews with management.
The interviews did not seem designed to determine my capabilities as an artist. There were discussions on what the company did and how great the company was but no direct answers on what my responsibilities would be or if I could meet their needs.

Interview Question – I was asked what I planned to be doing in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was strange. They gave me a figure that they described as an offer and I asked for more and was told that maybe I didn't understand the opportunity that I was being offered and that there would be room for advancement after 90 days. To the company's credit, I did receive a raise after 90 days.

Worked for Berry Plastics Group? Contribute to the Community!