Bessemer Trust Company

Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.5

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in March 2010.

The face to face interview was pretty easy. I met with someone in HR, then with 2-3 people in the department. There were open and friendly. There was EXTENSIVE testing of my software skills. The agnecy that I used was VERY thorough in making sure that I know my stuff as far as software was concerned. Once on the job most of the skills that I tested on were not needed. But it was absolutely required that I really know my stuff in ordder to get an interview with the firm.

The background check was VERY thorough.

Interview Questions
    I advise that you ask for what you want. If you're good they'll pay you. This firm prides itself on only hiring the best. They understand that you have to pay if you want good people.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in October 2010.

Initial communications and interview set up was very quick and easy. The company was efficient in setting up the interview and I was set to meet 3-4 members of the team. While the people were nice and polite, I generally felt that it was hard to connect on a personal level. This may have been specific to my experience but in speak with others who have had contact there, the sentiment was echoed. The team there is intense, smart and possesses technical knowledge. If you interview with them, be sure to come in prepared and speak concisely as they will give you just enough rope to hang yourself with.

Interview Questions
    • Technical knowledge related to investment process and industry coverage.   Answer Question

Assistant Client Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in August 2012.

Initially emailed the company and arranged for an interview with the VP of HR. He greeted me in the reception area and brought me down a floor to his office. I spent just under an hour speaking with him about my resume and the company. I was asked to come back for a second round interview with whomever is in charge of CAMs, but that is still yet to be scheduled.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

There was EXTENSIVE testing with the placement agency. They wanted to make sure that my comuter skills where up to date and top notch. It's really not easy to get past HR. Once I got past HR I met with the hiring manager and a few people in the department. There is an exhaustive background check.

Interview Questions
    • Know the company history. Legacy is everything with these people. Research, research, research. Read what you can on the family letter and family tree. It hangs promeniently in every office in the firm.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was pretty easy. They made an offer and I accepted.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in December 2011.

I was hired to a "temp-to-perm" position. During the first interview I met and interviewed with people in my department. The second interview was just your standard interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical questions directly regarding the work I would be doing. Good thing I recalled that lesson in college.   Answer Question
    Entry Level Position - No Negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in January 2014.

Received a pre-screening in January of 2014. Conversation was via Skype and was about 20-30 minutes long, conducted by an alum of my university. Positive experience overall, and was a very conversational-style interview. I was not invited to return for a full interview. Frustratingly, they simply never communicated that I was no longer being considered, they just fell off the map.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in May 2014.

I was contacted through the phone and given the opportunity to have an interview in their LA office. It was very behavioral and I spoke with about 3 members of the client advisory group and spoke with the senior CA.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in private wealth management, as opposed to companies like MS?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

First interview with HR, then interview with office management. If the interviewee succeeds in those to interviews, he or she will interview with a series of people in the office.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer and you had the option to accept or not. Negotiation was not really an option.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in July 2014.

A recruiting company contacted me about setting up an interview with Bessemer. Had an interview with 2 people followed by another interview with 2 more managers. They asked simple questions, mostly about my resume and fit/behavioral and some about what I knew about the position and company.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in August 2009.

The interview was a very basic interview. No tough questions and no knowledge of prior experience is required. There are 2 sets of interviews, both of which are fairly easy. There were only your basic, standard questions. The people and the culture is what I would consider one of the best in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you were required to work in a group setting and describe some conflicts, if any.   Answer Question
    No negotiation