Bessemer Trust Company

11 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Fiduciary Officer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from HR to set up an initial phone interview with hiring manager. later HR called to invite me for an on site interview with the hiring manager and one staff member. I got on a 3 hour train and arrived on time. Both interviews went well...the ladies were nice and professional. Each spent a lot of time asking about my current position with their strongest competitor. I got the feeling that they were intimidated by my qualification, skill set and title at my current job. The position obviously wanted a more junior level, even though the position description expected more....

Interview Question – None...they asked about my salary expectation. I told them I wanted to know about the job first and would discuss salary only if an offer was made.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was scheduled to have a technical interview for a high level network position in IT, the interview lasted roughly 10 minutes, not a single technical question was asked. I got the impression that the interviewer was told against his will to "Do this interview." When I got off the phone I was quite bewildered as I never experienced an interview (or lack thereof) like this previously.

Interview Question – Only one question was asked for a task that would have been highly unusual for this type of position "How do you feel about performing desktop support?" To which I responded, its not something I've done but I have no problems doing so.   Answer Question

Assistant Client Account Manager Interview

Assistant Client Account Manager
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then on campus interview. The interviewer seemed inexperienced or immature in respect to guaging talent. She informed the recruiter that my skills and experience were a fit for the position but she decided not to recommend me for an in-person interview. Her reasoning was that I tried to take over the phone interview by asking questions at the end of our discussion.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions during the phone interview. It was mostly a discussion of experience and how it fits to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received a pre-screening in January of 2014. Conversation was via Skype and was about 20-30 minutes long, conducted by an alum of my university. Positive experience overall, and was a very conversational-style interview. I was not invited to return for a full interview. Frustratingly, they simply never communicated that I was no longer being considered, they just fell off the map.

Interview Question – Pitch us a company.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a very basic interview. No tough questions and no knowledge of prior experience is required. There are 2 sets of interviews, both of which are fairly easy. There were only your basic, standard questions. The people and the culture is what I would consider one of the best in the industry.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were required to work in a group setting and describe some conflicts, if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications and interview set up was very quick and easy. The company was efficient in setting up the interview and I was set to meet 3-4 members of the team. While the people were nice and polite, I generally felt that it was hard to connect on a personal level. This may have been specific to my experience but in speak with others who have had contact there, the sentiment was echoed. The team there is intense, smart and possesses technical knowledge. If you interview with them, be sure to come in prepared and speak concisely as they will give you just enough rope to hang yourself with.

Interview Question – Technical knowledge related to investment process and industry coverage.   Answer Question

Assistant Client Account Manager Interview

Assistant Client Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially emailed the company and arranged for an interview with the VP of HR. He greeted me in the reception area and brought me down a floor to his office. I spent just under an hour speaking with him about my resume and the company. I was asked to come back for a second round interview with whomever is in charge of CAMs, but that is still yet to be scheduled.

Interview Question – What do you want to accomplish in life?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview Details – There was EXTENSIVE testing with the placement agency. They wanted to make sure that my comuter skills where up to date and top notch. It's really not easy to get past HR. Once I got past HR I met with the hiring manager and a few people in the department. There is an exhaustive background check.

Interview Question – Know the company history. Legacy is everything with these people. Research, research, research. Read what you can on the family letter and family tree. It hangs promeniently in every office in the firm.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was pretty easy. They made an offer and I accepted.

Account Manager Interview

South Florida, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company.

Interview Details – First interview with HR, then interview with office management. If the interviewee succeeds in those to interviews, he or she will interview with a series of people in the office.

Interview Question – Most of the questioning was fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and you had the option to accept or not. Negotiation was not really an option.

Tax Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bessemer Trust Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired to a "temp-to-perm" position. During the first interview I met and interviewed with people in my department. The second interview was just your standard interview with HR.

Interview Question – I was asked some technical questions directly regarding the work I would be doing. Good thing I recalled that lesson in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry Level Position - No Negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bessemer Trust Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bessemer Trust Company interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bessemer Trust Company employees and interview candidates.