Best Buy

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.3

Asset Protection Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

was called by the stores HR person and asked to come in for an interview, He basically just asked me to tell him more about stuff I had on my Resume, and asked me a few questions about it because it was for a security position he asked me a few questions about employees stealing and stuff and how i would handle said situations

Interview Questions
none, they gave me the dollar amount i asked for online, had i known that i would have done some research on what other people are being payed

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Asset Protection Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

The initial step once your application is reviewed and accepted is a phone interview, usually consisting of basic questions concerning your motivation for wanting to work at best buy and your level of ambition. The next step is an interview with a supervisor/asst. manager, with several 'test' questions, i.e. "what would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend."
    The final step is an interview with the General Manager, which has more in-depth questions about your motivation for seeking employment: "What personal attributes do you have that would contribute to your work as an asset prevention associate?"
    Upon hiring, pay/hours are discussed, followed by drug testing, background checks, and possible credit check.
    Congrats! You're now a Best Buy Asset Prevention Associate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow associate using their employee discount for a friend?   Answer Question

Hours would not work for me.

Asset Protection Interview

It was a 3 step interview process, phone interview, supervisor and dept manager interview, final GM interview

Asset Protection Interview

i applied online for this position and was called in for an in person interview. Later, they require another interview with the general manager of the store. It was a fairly simple interview with some behavioral questions. All of the questions were pretty standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

I was chearful and eager and it got me the job. There are 3 stages. 1:1 with the lowest guy is easy, then a manager comes in for more queations then a GM comes in and makes the final choice.

No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2010.

You get called in a for a interview, and somethings they ask you a few questions over the phone, and then they schedule an interview with the supervisor. If that goes well, you speak to the assistant manager, and then the store manager. The store manger is the top guy at the store and makes the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw am employee stealing from the store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy in June 2009.

Three Step Interview Process:

Initial Phone Screening
    Meeting with initial Department Manager
    GM Third Interview

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person or situation and what the resultant outcome was".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I was offered an hourly pay rate below what I wanted but the offer was take-or-leave. I was hired under the company minimum pay rate for my position and only adjusted several months later after calling Human Resources.

Asset Protection Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in November 2011.

I applied online for a cashiering position on a Thursday night. Friday evening I was contacted by Person #1. I was given a small over the phone interview briefly asking about my background, experience, and offered a different position based upon my previous experience. I was then asked if I could come in for a 1:1 interview with Person #2.

My interview was for the upcoming monday at 4:00pm. I arrived promptly at 3:45pm and was told to stand by geek squad and wait. Apparently my interview was scheduled when Person # 2 was in a store meeting with other managers. I waited until 5:10pm before Person #2 came out and finally interviewed me. He apologized for keeping me so long. During the interview I was asked questions that he seemed to be reading from a script at first, but then he got more casual and asked me questions that seemed to be getting a feel for if I was going to be a good fit for interaction with everyone at the company. I was then told that he would pass me along to the next manager and if I was acceptable to him, he would call me in for an additional interview.

Two days later (Wednesday), Person #1 called me again, and asked me if I could come in for my last interview with Person #3 the next day(Thursday) at 4:00pm again for my final interview. I arrived promptly at 3:45 for my final interview and was again told to wait over by the geek squad area. There was already someone there who had his interview with Person #3 at 3:30pm. At 4:15 a 3rd person arrived for his interview at 4:30pm. All three of us stood there and waited until 6:00pm because there was again...another store manager meeting. Meanwhile, the other employees were very friendly and came up and talked to us, and all of which had informed me that this is a "tactic" Best Buy uses because all of them had to wait for at least an hour before they were interviewed. At 6:30, Person #3 finally came and pulled me into the office. I was asked the same exact questions as what Person #2 had asked me. There was no other questions as Person #2 had gone into before to get a feel for my personality. I was then informed that the job I was offered was being modified. That the store was reformatting their entire structure and wanted to know if it was okay that I do my original job AND two nights a week, stay an additional 3-8 hours to help unload trucks and put away inventory. I said I was fine with this.

Person #3 then handed me a folder with all of my new hire stuff, where to go get my drug test done (DO THIS IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT WAIT!) and an agreement for my pay. ($9.00/hr) I was also JUST THEN informed that this was seasonal and not full time. Full time status would be determined at the end of the holiday season. I was told then that my employment was contingent upon passing my drug test and background check(standard).
    The next Tuesday, I was called by Person #1 again and told my drug test and background check passed and that my orientation would be Saturday morning starting at 7:00am and would end around 2:00pm. (The 7:00am to 10:00am was actually a store meeting to discuss the upcoming holidays).

OH...and just a small note...I have been working there almost 2 months now, and to this day, there has never (at least when Im there) been a manager meeting like the ones that prevented me from getting my interview done. Makes you wonder..?

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond for a customer in one of your past jobs.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. You take what they give you for a position like this. Although, initially I was offered $9.00/hr and when I received my first paycheck I actually was making $9.50/hr. Not going to complain...

Asset Protection Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

After applying online, went to the store 2 days later to speak to any manager. Told the assistant manager that I applied online and she basically signed me up for an interview the next day. Had the interview with the manager and he basically asked simple questions. First is Why best buy then some questions that draws on past experience. He said I did very well for my interview and later that day I got another call for another interview for the following week. First interview was on Friday, and I'm having my second interview today.