Best Buy Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.2

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

Process can take a few weeks from the initial contact to setting up interview. Interview is done with a panel consisting of General Manager, District Manager, Human Resources District Manager and potentially others. Interviews are done at the store or district office and take around an hour to complete. They ask general questions around business acumen and rate on the sheet they utilize. Bring resume and something showing your capabilities as a leader (30-60-90 etc)

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem facing the consumer electronics business today?
      Tell me about a time when you failed at a business objective?
        Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later. Had a webex interview and then I got a call to do a interview at the store. I interviewed with the GM and HBG MGR. I got a phone call a couple of days later with a job offer. I accepted 2 days later. GM emailed me information to complete drug and background test. Background test took 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make as a manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very thorough and focus on sales skills and not really a tru focus on managing employees and being able to build the store and see if it will succeed.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? This question doesn't really make sense unless you are asking it to see how the interviewer goes through the question more than the answer itself.   Answer Question
    Easy to negotiate with but started off very low to see if I would bite.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied for position. Had interview Set up for a day. Called in to interview which took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • We have internal candidates applying for this position. How do you think they would handle it if you were to get the position?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation needed

Assistant Manager Interview

I was hired in 2004 as a part time associate and worked my way up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you normally did not get along with. How did you handle the situation and what were the results   Answer Question
    no neotiation

I interviewed with 8 people

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Apply at best buy website and answer the questions to your best ability. It's almost like a personality test and yes it is timed.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to a person that steals... This is a trick questions... The answer; YOU HAVE TO REPORT IT,NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE VALUE OF THE PRODUCT.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

The hiring process is 3 parts, that one phone interview. The next are done in store with a panel then the last part is done with the GM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

2 interviews, 1 solo, 1 panel. basic behavioral questions around leadership, sales, and teamwork-oriented situations. Took about a week to hear result. Preparation is key, and the way in which you answer is Important as well.

Interview Questions
    • no question seemed difficult or unexpected. they ask you about your strengths & weaknesses and be prepared to answer honestly.   View Answer
    Mainly it was signing a piece of paper detailing your pay and bonus structure. Negotiation varies, based upon if you are new to the company or employed already.