Best Buy

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Broken and unorganized. Nobody really knew what was going on and the room was a mess. Very bad way to represent your company. I need more words so this should get me over the limit.

Interview Question – Give a situation when... Not what would you do if.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – All communications were good. Interview process in the store is a 3 step process. Management level is one with either the GM or DM or both and a panel of other leaders. Expect an hour or so for the interview.

Interview Question – What are the risks of hiring you?
What are your weaknesses?
  Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Generalized questions, very open ended. Very quick decision timeframe. Interviews may have guests other than current store manager. All communication and hiring process is through the internet website, create a profile and download a resume and use this a a portal to apply for anything open in the company.

Interview Question – What gets in your way of doing your best?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Elyria, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – Communication for the interview was very quick. I think it was not even 24 hours from the time of my submission. The store manager called and scheduled my interview, which I worked around my work time. When I entered the store, the security member asked me if I had an interview. I waited well over my given time (try 15 minutes late). I was greeted by the store manager which was friendly; however, when it came to his appearance; he was sloppily dressed and did not give me eye contact. The interview went well. I interviewed with the store managers of the Midway Mall store, Avon store and Southpark store. My position was for the Midway Mall store in Elyria, Ohio. The interview was very basic. I felt I gave outstanding credentials to the management team about my selling metrics and how to teach/train/develop a team to great successes. However, the manager of Midway Mall could not look me in the eye to ask me questions. He just read from his paper like a 2 year old. Again, the questions pertained to HR, operations, and customer service; however, he must have felt that I was a threat to him and his job. I called two days later to ask if the postion was filled and I kept getting the shuffling around from the customer service associates when they asked who I was. He finally told me that I did not get the position; however, he would send my info to the district team. I replied not to waste his time because if he did not see my potential, then what other store manager will. Needless to say I closed the call with me never shopping with the company again and will take my business to another electronics store or online retailer.

Interview Question – The questions were basic about the job position including: operations, HR, sales and marketing, and customer service   Answer Question

Reno, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2012.

Interview Details – Since I was out of town, interview took place via webcam and phone. Answered the questions as best I could given that I was previously an assistant store manager with best buy applying for the same position. Though I felt the interview went well and observed positive reactions from the hiring manager, I was not offered the position. Was sad that after being a manager with BBY for 5 years, I would be turned down for this position

Interview Question – What is the store's biggest opportunity?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked if I would work for $8 per hour. That was my phone interview. I have an MBA and 10 years of leadership experience.

Interview Questions

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Professional interviews and selection. Most jobs are decided before the interview.

Interview Question – What is the color of the sky>   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application was called back about 5 - 7 days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to create a gap management plan, what was the situation, what did you do, was it effective, how did you know you were effective, and with the knowledge you have now what would you have changed.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.