Best Buy Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

3.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week around being able to attend the interview. Interview was with three general managers and one district manager. They sat across the table for a panel interview. Allowed time for me to introduce myself, show my personality, and provide input on "why me" for this position.

Interview Questions

• Questions around performance management, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a competitive salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA).

Interview

Don't over talk or over prepare! Managers glaze over after to much info. Just smile and answer to the point. The drug test and online psych test weed out a lot. Just relax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you let people down. What happened?   1 Answer
    • What is the hardest part of leading a team?   1 Answer
    • What gives you the right to command 4oo employees?   1 Answer
    • What are you not entitled to at work?   1 Answer
    • Yes or No. Do you agree all people lie?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was a 2 step process. First was a phone interview with 2 people ask you different scenarios. About a 45 interview then I was invited to a face to face. Interview with the DM, HR, Store Manager and District manager for the area of the store you working. That interview was more like a greet and meet. It seem like they was just feeling me out. The interview was more relax environment.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

All communications were good. Interview process in the store is a 3 step process. Management level is one with either the GM or DM or both and a panel of other leaders. Expect an hour or so for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the risks of hiring you?
      What are your weaknesses?

Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Generalized questions, very open ended. Very quick decision timeframe. Interviews may have guests other than current store manager. All communication and hiring process is through the internet website, create a profile and download a resume and use this a a portal to apply for anything open in the company.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Best Buy (Elyria, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Communication for the interview was very quick. I think it was not even 24 hours from the time of my submission. The store manager called and scheduled my interview, which I worked around my work time. When I entered the store, the security member asked me if I had an interview. I waited well over my given time (try 15 minutes late). I was greeted by the store manager which was friendly; however, when it came to his appearance; he was sloppily dressed and did not give me eye contact. The interview went well. I interviewed with the store managers of the Midway Mall store, Avon store and Southpark store. My position was for the Midway Mall store in Elyria, Ohio. The interview was very basic. I felt I gave outstanding credentials to the management team about my selling metrics and how to teach/train/develop a team to great successes. However, the manager of Midway Mall could not look me in the eye to ask me questions. He just read from his paper like a 2 year old. Again, the questions pertained to HR, operations, and customer service; however, he must have felt that I was a threat to him and his job. I called two days later to ask if the postion was filled and I kept getting the shuffling around from the customer service associates when they asked who I was. He finally told me that I did not get the position; however, he would send my info to the district team. I replied not to waste his time because if he did not see my potential, then what other store manager will. Needless to say I closed the call with me never shopping with the company again and will take my business to another electronics store or online retailer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic about the job position including: operations, HR, sales and marketing, and customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Bedford, NH) in June 2013.

Interview

I traveled an hour for my interview and arrived 10 minutes early. I waited for an hour. Come to find out the two gentlemen I had been watching wonder around and socialize were the interviewers. I'm sure this was tactical. It was very much a good cop bad cop scenario. Interview was very social and lengthy. I left to a waiting room full of young men, no other females.

Interview Questions

• A technical question about a device I don't own and had not used.   1 Answer

Offered a lesser position. I declined because I do not undersell or under-appreciate my worth and abilities.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy (Reno, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

Since I was out of town, interview took place via webcam and phone. Answered the questions as best I could given that I was previously an assistant store manager with best buy applying for the same position. Though I felt the interview went well and observed positive reactions from the hiring manager, I was not offered the position. Was sad that after being a manager with BBY for 5 years, I would be turned down for this position

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was asked if I would work for $8 per hour. That was my phone interview. I have an MBA and 10 years of leadership experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview

Broken and unorganized. Nobody really knew what was going on and the room was a mess. Very bad way to represent your company. I need more words so this should get me over the limit.

Negotiation