Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Interview Questions

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Best Buy Mobile Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Phone interview, second interview with Assistant Manager and third interview with General Manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
Never take the first offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

I applied online and got called a few weeks later for an interview. You usually go through 3 interviews but i only did 2. The first one was general questions, 2nd one had to do with employee theft. I got offered job within 2 hours over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would sell a cell phone to someone?   View Answer
    Usually they discuss pay but i got mine through email. Where i was offered $10 an hour. I was fine with that since its a lot more than minimum wage .

Best Buy Mobile Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Received phone call to arrange interview

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation in which you set a goal and failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Went in for 3 interviews the first one with a supervisor the second with the manager of the department and the the third with the general manager. I applied for Best Buy Mobile but was offered a Jon with Geek Squad!!!! I'm more excited to work for Geek Squad. The General Manager pretty ,uch told me he see me doing exceeding expectations in Geek Squad. The interviews were great everyone was very positive and even shared a few laughs! It was a great experience and interview process.

Interview Questions
    Nothing negotiated I was offered 10.25 and hour! I'll take it! That's more than what a lot people make working for Best Buy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

I first applied online and filled out a questionaire. I received a phone call about a week later that I passed and they wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic questions on previous employers and such. The guy told me that he would be passing my file on to the next person and I would definitely receive a call from him for a second in person interview. I got his phone call a few days later and was brought in for the in person interview. He had a packet of some questions to ask and he wrote down a lot of stuff. He thanked me and said normally I don't tell everyone this but you will definitely be coming back in for a final interview. I got that final call about about two days later and that's when they bring you in the "room" and you are interview by the department manager and the store manager. They kinda drill you back and forth but they were super nice. They answer any questions you have and assure you that you will ALWAYS be paid for whatever work you do. They offered me the job, which I accepted it and write up your contract on the spot which includes how much they pay and such. I ended up working there for a month but was offered a full time position at another place I applied for a while back but if I hadn't I would definitely still be there!

Interview Questions
    • Who do you look up too and why? How have they impacted your life?   View Answer
    They offered a great hourly wage so I honestly didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

I went in really nervous, she was really nice and made me feel comfotable, some questions made me think for a short time, basic questions and made me pretend as if i were selling my phone, i got called in for a second interview :D

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

I was called in the same day that I applied online. No phone interview or anything. The 1 one 1 went very smoothly. it took maybe ten minutes. then guy interviewing me was very nice. I was really nervous and he could tell, but he said he knows it was just nerves because the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if asked to assist in another department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2010.

I arrived 15 mins early for the interview where i was met in the lobby by 6 other interview candidates. We then went into the room where the interview was going to be held. The position I applied for is at a new Best Buy location close to my house that will be opening in a couple of weeks. We had a brief get to know each other session, answered questions about ourselves (what position in the store would we like to work at, what influences us to do our best, what holds us back from doing our best, our hobbies, etc.). We also did a couple of fun activities so the Managers could see how well we work with others or in a group. Then they took us each aside for our 1:1 interviews and to schedule a 3rd interview with the GM. My interview with the GM is in the morning and I am greatly looking forward to it.

Interview Questions
    • They gave us a specific item sold at Best Buy to sell in a role playing scenario.   View Answer

Best Buy Mobile Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

had an interview with one of the managers and he pretty much made it clear that i was going to get the job. so a third interview was set up with the gm and he said they'd call, but i didn't hear back for a week. went in again and the first manager that interviewed me told me they were not able to hire new employees because they had to cut down on hiring and would hire again for seasonal.

Interview Questions
    • what does best buy mobile offer that other companies do not?   View Answer

Best Buy Mobile Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2010.

Took an online personality test, got called in for a 1:1 interview with the store manager. Consisted of about 10-15 questions, mostly situational. Was pretty relaxed interview and took all of about 30mins. Employees in the store I spoke to before hand didn't seem very enthusiastic about the job and the manager also gave a vibe of really not wanting to be there.