Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Online application and personal inventory evaluation. LONG LONG online test but take it seriously as you wont even talk to a recruiter if you do not. They are very specific when hiring for these type of positions on how much experience they want for different areas, do your best to show your level is sufficient.

Interview Questions
  • What 3 Key Metrics would I look to improve within Best Buy Mobile.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Interviewing process pretty standard. About 8 situational questions. After applying internally you will know usually next day if you have the position. Most managers are not great interviewers and make it difficult on the interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • What are thee biggest challenges facing the store. Not a terribly hard question but the answer they are looking for is never what it should be.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Asked the typical questions, "how do you lead..." "tell me about a time when..." and then asked about the three main expenditures, labor, shrink, and EOL.

Interview Questions
    I was young and accepted the first offer. $22.50 per hour. Honestly, I should have held out. They will ALWAYS lowball.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Online application first with questionnaire. Then proceeded by phone interview and then face to face interview with store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to drive additional business into the store?   Answer Question
    Through store manager with e-mail for electronic signature for acceptance of position with pay information included.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Typically 3 interviews. First over the phone if you from outside the company. Then the next is with Sales Manager or Assistant Manager. Then the final interview is with the District Connectivity Manager and/or the General Manager of the store

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest obstacle facing the electronic industry today?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Phone interview, Asst Mgr/ GM/ DCSM interview.....Hired

Flat offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Know your stuff, you will be going over times in the past of how you handled a certain situation, make sure you know what you did, how you did it, and why you did it. It doesn't have to be a positive example showing how great you are, but more like an example that shows how you handled a difficult situation and learned from it. Nobody cares about the great times you had, they care about how they helped the customer and the business. You can't fix one without the other.

Interview Questions
    • I was fortunate and I had pre-read the possible questions, and I was prepared for them all. If you are a current employee of the company then don't hesitate to hunt down the interview guide. They are all in ETK   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

I was recruited for the position. They called me I had to apply online. The application takes about 45 mins. They then call you to set up an interview if you meet all the qualifications. After that you get interviewed by the store manager and another manager. After that interview you get interview by the District Manager. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • From what you have seen in the store what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Be prepared to talk about your sales experience. How to overcome an angry customer? What is your business plan to succeed?