Best Buy

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited for the position. They called me I had to apply online. The application takes about 45 mins. They then call you to set up an interview if you meet all the qualifications. After that you get interviewed by the store manager and another manager. After that interview you get interview by the District Manager. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – From what you have seen in the store what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Online application and personal inventory evaluation. LONG LONG online test but take it seriously as you wont even talk to a recruiter if you do not. They are very specific when hiring for these type of positions on how much experience they want for different areas, do your best to show your level is sufficient.

Interview Question – What 3 Key Metrics would I look to improve within Best Buy Mobile.   View Answer

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details – Know your stuff, you will be going over times in the past of how you handled a certain situation, make sure you know what you did, how you did it, and why you did it. It doesn't have to be a positive example showing how great you are, but more like an example that shows how you handled a difficult situation and learned from it. Nobody cares about the great times you had, they care about how they helped the customer and the business. You can't fix one without the other.

Interview Question – I was fortunate and I had pre-read the possible questions, and I was prepared for them all. If you are a current employee of the company then don't hesitate to hunt down the interview guide. They are all in ETK   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Interviewing process pretty standard. About 8 situational questions. After applying internally you will know usually next day if you have the position. Most managers are not great interviewers and make it difficult on the interviewee.

Interview Question – What are thee biggest challenges facing the store. Not a terribly hard question but the answer they are looking for is never what it should be.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Asked the typical questions, "how do you lead..." "tell me about a time when..." and then asked about the three main expenditures, labor, shrink, and EOL.

Interview Question – Expenditures. I blanked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was young and accepted the first offer. $22.50 per hour. Honestly, I should have held out. They will ALWAYS lowball.

Chicago, IL

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – Online application first with questionnaire. Then proceeded by phone interview and then face to face interview with store manager.

Interview Question – What would you do to drive additional business into the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through store manager with e-mail for electronic signature for acceptance of position with pay information included.

Best Buy Mobile Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Typically 3 interviews. First over the phone if you from outside the company. Then the next is with Sales Manager or Assistant Manager. Then the final interview is with the District Connectivity Manager and/or the General Manager of the store

Interview Question – What is the biggest obstacle facing the electronic industry today?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Asst Mgr/ GM/ DCSM interview.....Hired

Interview Question – Is it okay to take a candy bar?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer

Emeryville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared to talk about your sales experience. How to overcome an angry customer? What is your business plan to succeed?

Interview Question – What are the components that affect business results?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!