Best Buy Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

took 2 weeks to call for interview. in the interview the guy was making his own question. was not eying reading from the paper. some question did not even make sense.

Interview Questions

• if a coworker is with a customer and he is spending one hour with that customer, what advice would you give him for he can hurry up because their is a line of customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Yuma, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Well I applied online at my local Best Buy and it took about a week before receiving a call for an interview. My interview was at 8AM with the store manager and then the told me that they would be making calls for a second interview with in the next week. One week passes for a second interview that same day they called with the general manager and I was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your customers trust you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee stealing? Do you think that the punishment should be just as harsh if they stole a bag of chips instead of something expensive?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer
    • How familiar are you with tech and plans from different companies?   1 Answer

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It will take them one to four weeks to get back to you once applied. They will call you first and then you will go an interview with a supervisor first and then the General Manager last. Interviews can be weeks apart which is kind of annoying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flexible. The GM offered me a better hourly wage.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Marquette, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The question during the interview really basic. Person conducting was really nice. Was told they would call in two days and if didn't hear anything to call them. I called and it took them 6 hours to return the call.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you went out your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and one of my friends who works there referred me to the hiring manager as well. I got a call a week after I applied. I went in and the manager's computer was not working and that was unfortunate since the interview questions were on the computer. So, we casually talked and he asked me about my self and what I was expecting from the job and my technology background. After we were done he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting from being a mobile sales consultant   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got offered more than I asked for so I accepted and had no reason to negotiate.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line on a Thursday night and got a call back Saturday afternoon for a brief phone interview that just asked about my availability and what I think should happen to an employee who I caught stealing. She then told me to come in the very next day first thing in the morning for an interview with the one of the managers (note: this interview was to take place on a Sunday, weird but okay). Interview with the manager took about an hour or so (we kind of drifted off topic for a bit here and there), focused heavily on previous experience. They like customer service experience a lot, so be sure to talk about that. I do have minimal sales experience, but I feel that he was aiming more towards customer service skills. I felt confident and sure enough, at the end of the interview, I was scheduled for a third interview with the GM for the following week. GM interview only took 15 minutes (he already seemed like he had made his decision when I came in) asked basic questions like why do you want to work here, availability, opinion about employees stealing. He then talked about the position, and I was hired and offered the job on the spot. I completed my background check and drug test and I am scheduled to come in the following week for training. The process overall for me took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to an employee who was caught stealing? (They asked this question in all of my interviews)   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you went over and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • How do feel about working as a team?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a co-worker you did not get along with. (This was a hard question for me)   1 Answer
    • What is your ideal manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. I accepted it especially considering that it was higher than my regular pay.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied Sunday night, received call Monday morning to go in for interview next day.
    First interview was with department supervisor, general questions "tell me a time when" "what if you saw this" WWYD" things of that nature. After that a week went by.
    Second interview with GM , Job offered after that drug and background testing took about 5 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for way less and they gave me more. No negotiation.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Tanasbourne, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial communication came in a couple days though I applied closer to the interview date. The questions were standard high customer service questions and interviewer was easy to ask questions and get answers out of

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at best buy   Answer Question
    • when did you have a situation when a customer was difficult and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online. Got called 3 days later to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a department manager. She then asked me to come in for another interview with the GM on Tuesday. Had interview with GM, it went pretty good, he said they'll call by Monday. So now I'm just playing the waiting game.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview in couple week, the GM is very friendly. She ask me about 10 questions. The interview very laid back and last 10-15 minutes. I got hired on the spot and start week a week later

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • What is you job experience?   1 Answer