Best Buy

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a quick interview with the Manager and General Manager. Normally it is 2 different interviews but they need some on asap. Standard questions why do you want to work there and what experience do you have in mobile sales.

Interview Question – What was the best and worst experience working on a team?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to best buy 2 weeks prior to receiving a phone call to schedule an interview with the assistant manager. the questions were pretty much simple with the assistant manager... there were questions such as how would you handle a difficult customer who does not understand the return policy.... He then scheduled me on to the store manger the next day for a second interview. Questions in which he asked me were what are my expectations from my supervisor and what would i do if i caught an employee stealing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the paying rate for a best buy mobile sales consultant is pretty much 10.25 or more, so please dont let any store have you accept less.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in December 2012.

Interview Details – Your first step is to apply online. You fill out basic information and proceed to take a personality/psychological/behavioral test. Next step is a local HR rep contacting you to set up a first interview with the immediate manager of your department. If you do well there you move on to interviews with the group sales manager, then finally store general manager. The GM will be the one to offer you a job/

Interview Question – None are overly difficult. Most questions are behavioral in nature. If you were in this situation what would you do or describe a situation in which you had to deal with this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $10 plus opportunities to earn team performance bonuses.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was a group interview with ten people and many activities to observe possible employee interaction. During this interview, you roleplay and practice marketing. The second interview 1:1 with the manager who feels like during the first interview you displayed skills that would benefit his or her area of the store. In my case, it was mobile. The third is with GM and consisted of integrity question. Job offered on the spot and then a pre-employment drug test.

Interview Question – What gets in the way of you doing your best?   View Answer

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!