Best Buy

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.5

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview was fairly simple. They do a quick phone interview and then proceed to have you come in for a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Manager. Just prepared to answer how you would deal with difficult situations, like with customers or co-workers. Or "when was a time you went beyond the call of duty for a customer"? If the Assistant Manager likes you they will set up a time with the General Manager of the store at a later date for a follow up interview. I had to cancel my second interview as I ended up taking another job. So unfortunately I cannot provide more information on that. Don't get nervous about the interview process, nothing crazy. I thought it was interesting that the phone interview they told me not to wear jeans for the first interview, isn't that obvious?

Interview Questions
  • They like to ask how you would solve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Three stage interview process. They want to hear specific experiences regarding customer service and your ability to handle challenging situations.Have stories prepared of specific situations and specific issues. They ask you how you work with a team and how you handle conflicts with others.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation. During my employment, one candidate attempted to negotiate pay and the manager revoked the offer.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, and then was interviewed at the store. Talked with a supervisor than later the overall manager. Had to also do an online test to see if you're not stupid or crazy. The process was fairly simple and very straight forward.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Got a call five days after applying to come in for an interview. Had an interview with the Assistant Manager that went well and had an interview with the General Manager on the same day

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, was called in to interview a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and the manager. By the time you interview with the head manager, you're pretty much in. I was offered the job on the spot and didn't have to wait around for a phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview face to face with GM. Drug screening. Extensive application process which is basically a personality test. So long as during the application process you stick to strongly agree or disagree you'll be fine. Do not be in between. They are looking for confident, decisive people.

Non negotiable

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

They just want upbeat people who now about technology. It all depends on which manager you get as to how long your interview will be. They don't really plan out who will be doing said interviews just whoever is available. No one will expect you to come so you will be waiting for a while. I was there for years I think there were about three times that a manager remembered that there was an interview. Don't let that put you off.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

2 interviews one with a manager and another one with a gm

Interview Questions
    no because i had no experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topsham, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topsham, ME

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Two behavioral interviews with management.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation possible (within 70 cents/hour)

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process is pretty straight forward, you have three interviews: One Phone Interview, One Interview with the manager, and the last is with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Most Questions are behavioral questions, like what would you do if you were faced with a difficult customer or tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer