Best Buy Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, and then was interviewed at the store. Talked with a supervisor than later the overall manager. Had to also do an online test to see if you're not stupid or crazy. The process was fairly simple and very straight forward.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

interviewed at Best Buy in February 2013.

Phone interview, Short personal interview, long in depth interview. drug test. background check, three months of training. Meeting the managers. shown around the store. Otherwise a good interview because of the fact they they seemed interested in what my hobbies are and how they may apply to the job I was applying for

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Got a call five days after applying to come in for an interview. Had an interview with the Assistant Manager that went well and had an interview with the General Manager on the same day

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, was called in to interview a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and the manager. By the time you interview with the head manager, you're pretty much in. I was offered the job on the spot and didn't have to wait around for a phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

One interview face to face with GM. Drug screening. Extensive application process which is basically a personality test. So long as during the application process you stick to strongly agree or disagree you'll be fine. Do not be in between. They are looking for confident, decisive people.

Non negotiable

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Best Buy.

They just want upbeat people who now about technology. It all depends on which manager you get as to how long your interview will be. They don't really plan out who will be doing said interviews just whoever is available. No one will expect you to come so you will be waiting for a while. I was there for years I think there were about three times that a manager remembered that there was an interview. Don't let that put you off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victor, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victor, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

2 interviews, one with sales manager ,another with gm. Asked about former work experience, why I would be good at the job, interacting with customer questions. Talked about interest in different areas in the store and where I would liked to be placed. Talked about prior retail experience and situations I was in that related to the new position.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you talk about serving the customers as priority number one.   Answer Question
    Not much in the way of negotiating . Pays about 1 dollar per hour above average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Initial online application, one interview with department head involving most basic questions (sales experience, previous positions, etc.), then second interview with store manager, asking about goals, ideal job, and how you like to sell to customers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, set pay rate and benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2014.

Easy, laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. "Have you ever stolen from a cash drawer" type of thing to make sure they aren't hiring a thief.   Answer Question

Received an offer from Walgreens for a little bit more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

I walked in when they were conducting open interviews had my initial interview there, submitted my application when I got home and had another interview with the store manager a couple of days after that.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!