Best Buy

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

easy three step interview process. phone, in store am, then in store gm. hired on spot after second interview. great internal availbilty to move jobs. great managers to become friends with in the smaller box store

Interview Questions
  • hard time with a employee. can be tough if you are a great employee and have no direct examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

HR calls you in for an interview and asks you questions about your resume. You get 2 interviews one with your department manager and then the GM on separate days. I think their main focus is your potential in the store and your personality during the interview. If you be yourself than you will have no problem in the interview or in the store.

Interview Questions
    • They basically ask you questions of times in your life that can mimic instances that you might encounter in the store. I have a terrible memory so that was difficult for me.   Answer Question
    After the meeting with the GM the HR called me later and offered me the job. I had to fill out a things online afterwards.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

After they called me to ask if I was interested in the position in their San Bruno CA location. After a brief discussion, they said they would call me back in a couple of days to set up a time and date for an interview. They called me back a few hours later and the next day and left no message. I called them back and asked if they wanted to talk. Again, they said they would call me back. I would leave a message with someone in HR and they would pass it on to the other HR person. Complete disorganization. A few days later I get an eMail saying "We enjoyed speaking with you about the position... We're moving with another candidate..." Huh?

Rudest HR call I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions
    • What other position might you be interested at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview was fairly simple. They do a quick phone interview and then proceed to have you come in for a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Manager. Just prepared to answer how you would deal with difficult situations, like with customers or co-workers. Or "when was a time you went beyond the call of duty for a customer"? If the Assistant Manager likes you they will set up a time with the General Manager of the store at a later date for a follow up interview. I had to cancel my second interview as I ended up taking another job. So unfortunately I cannot provide more information on that. Don't get nervous about the interview process, nothing crazy. I thought it was interesting that the phone interview they told me not to wear jeans for the first interview, isn't that obvious?

Interview Questions
    • They like to ask how you would solve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Three stage interview process. They want to hear specific experiences regarding customer service and your ability to handle challenging situations.Have stories prepared of specific situations and specific issues. They ask you how you work with a team and how you handle conflicts with others.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation. During my employment, one candidate attempted to negotiate pay and the manager revoked the offer.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, and then was interviewed at the store. Talked with a supervisor than later the overall manager. Had to also do an online test to see if you're not stupid or crazy. The process was fairly simple and very straight forward.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Got a call five days after applying to come in for an interview. Had an interview with the Assistant Manager that went well and had an interview with the General Manager on the same day

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, was called in to interview a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and the manager. By the time you interview with the head manager, you're pretty much in. I was offered the job on the spot and didn't have to wait around for a phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview face to face with GM. Drug screening. Extensive application process which is basically a personality test. So long as during the application process you stick to strongly agree or disagree you'll be fine. Do not be in between. They are looking for confident, decisive people.

Non negotiable

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

They just want upbeat people who now about technology. It all depends on which manager you get as to how long your interview will be. They don't really plan out who will be doing said interviews just whoever is available. No one will expect you to come so you will be waiting for a while. I was there for years I think there were about three times that a manager remembered that there was an interview. Don't let that put you off.