Best Buy Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn, CA).

Interview

easy three step interview process. phone, in store am, then in store gm. hired on spot after second interview. great internal availbilty to move jobs. great managers to become friends with in the smaller box store

Interview Questions

• hard time with a employee. can be tough if you are a great employee and have no direct examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

HR calls you in for an interview and asks you questions about your resume. You get 2 interviews one with your department manager and then the GM on separate days. I think their main focus is your potential in the store and your personality during the interview. If you be yourself than you will have no problem in the interview or in the store.

Interview Questions

• They basically ask you questions of times in your life that can mimic instances that you might encounter in the store. I have a terrible memory so that was difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the meeting with the GM the HR called me later and offered me the job. I had to fill out a things online afterwards.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and two days later HR called and ask if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and a brief interview was conducted over the phone with questions such as "If I see an employee stealing what would I do", then I was asked my availability. Three business days later I was schedule to have an interview with the supervisor at 4pm.

I got there at 3:40 and was interview an hour later. He asked the basic question such as "Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer" "What did you like and what didn't you like about your previous job" "Why do you want to work at Best Buy". After the interview the supervisor said that the general manager would like to interview me.

Ten minutes later I had an interview with the GM and he asked me only one question "Why Best Buy?". I told him my previous retail job did not have room for growth and I believe working at BB would give me the opportunity to grow and expand within the company while providing excellent customer service. He asked if I had any questions so i asked "what is the work culture/environment and what is a typical day like" " I also asked what is his expectations of his employees like". I asked the basic question because employers like it when you asked questions.

Few minuted later, he told me congratulation and welcome to the team. I asked what to expect from here on. He said expect an email from HR to accept the job then a list of location to do a drug test and then report for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiation. $11/hr

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

After they called me to ask if I was interested in the position in their San Bruno CA location. After a brief discussion, they said they would call me back in a couple of days to set up a time and date for an interview. They called me back a few hours later and the next day and left no message. I called them back and asked if they wanted to talk. Again, they said they would call me back. I would leave a message with someone in HR and they would pass it on to the other HR person. Complete disorganization. A few days later I get an eMail saying "We enjoyed speaking with you about the position... We're moving with another candidate..." Huh?

Rudest HR call I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• What other position might you be interested at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. They do a quick phone interview and then proceed to have you come in for a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Manager. Just prepared to answer how you would deal with difficult situations, like with customers or co-workers. Or "when was a time you went beyond the call of duty for a customer"? If the Assistant Manager likes you they will set up a time with the General Manager of the store at a later date for a follow up interview. I had to cancel my second interview as I ended up taking another job. So unfortunately I cannot provide more information on that. Don't get nervous about the interview process, nothing crazy. I thought it was interesting that the phone interview they told me not to wear jeans for the first interview, isn't that obvious?

Interview Questions

• They like to ask how you would solve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy (Burlington, NC).

Interview

Three stage interview process. They want to hear specific experiences regarding customer service and your ability to handle challenging situations.Have stories prepared of specific situations and specific issues. They ask you how you work with a team and how you handle conflicts with others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was not a negotiation. During my employment, one candidate attempted to negotiate pay and the manager revoked the offer.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, and then was interviewed at the store. Talked with a supervisor than later the overall manager. Had to also do an online test to see if you're not stupid or crazy. The process was fairly simple and very straight forward.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got a call five days after applying to come in for an interview. Had an interview with the Assistant Manager that went well and had an interview with the General Manager on the same day

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online, was called in to interview a week later. Interviewed with the assistant manager and the manager. By the time you interview with the head manager, you're pretty much in. I was offered the job on the spot and didn't have to wait around for a phone call.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview about three weeks from initial application. Next, there was an interview set up with the store manager. It was not a one on one interview, as there were 4 other possible applicants. The Manager would go around the room and ask each of us question. Then finally an interview with the District Manager with a job and salary offer.

Interview Questions

Salary offer was a bit low with no wiggle room.