Best Buy Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy, straight forward retail interview, asked questions about experience pertaining to a job like one at best buy, got a call, setup an interview for the next day, and was offered a second interview 2 days later after being told I would be called the day they did, they were prompt and kept their word.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you went above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Lebanon, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially applied online, no other way to do it. After two weeks, finally got asked in for an interview. Asked the standard questions, easy interview by the Operations Manager. he had said that I would get a second interview from the manager, but a week later I received a form letter for rejection. I requested Full time. I am pretty sure this was why I did not get a call back. They start part time employees at 6 hour shifts. and like it that way.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions about customer service, and cooperation with other associates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process went reasonably well. There was a quiet and nice surrounding, Definately did not feel intimidated at all although there was no smiling between us. I tried to smile with every answer but the interviewer looked as if he didn't really cared about it. He just kept asking questions and writing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you may not like and what were the results of that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Quincy, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Called they called me in and asked the basic questions about yourself and what you see in the job. also ask about your future and what u want to do in a couple years. i ended up getting the job woo.

Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Newington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

You receive a call from the hiring manager usually the HR lead for a first interview, the process is simple and they just want to see how well you can talk to people. If you are out going or even just able to have a normal conversation you'll get the job. You meet with the store manager for a second interview after the first one, they will decide that day if you have the job and get you started with the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn, CA).

Interview

easy three step interview process. phone, in store am, then in store gm. hired on spot after second interview. great internal availbilty to move jobs. great managers to become friends with in the smaller box store

Interview Questions

• hard time with a employee. can be tough if you are a great employee and have no direct examples   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

HR calls you in for an interview and asks you questions about your resume. You get 2 interviews one with your department manager and then the GM on separate days. I think their main focus is your potential in the store and your personality during the interview. If you be yourself than you will have no problem in the interview or in the store.

Interview Questions

• They basically ask you questions of times in your life that can mimic instances that you might encounter in the store. I have a terrible memory so that was difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the meeting with the GM the HR called me later and offered me the job. I had to fill out a things online afterwards.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

After they called me to ask if I was interested in the position in their San Bruno CA location. After a brief discussion, they said they would call me back in a couple of days to set up a time and date for an interview. They called me back a few hours later and the next day and left no message. I called them back and asked if they wanted to talk. Again, they said they would call me back. I would leave a message with someone in HR and they would pass it on to the other HR person. Complete disorganization. A few days later I get an eMail saying "We enjoyed speaking with you about the position... We're moving with another candidate..." Huh? Rudest HR call I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• What other position might you be interested at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and two days later HR called and ask if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and a brief interview was conducted over the phone with questions such as "If I see an employee stealing what would I do", then I was asked my availability. Three business days later I was schedule to have an interview with the supervisor at 4pm. I got there at 3:40 and was interview an hour later. He asked the basic question such as "Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer" "What did you like and what didn't you like about your previous job" "Why do you want to work at Best Buy". After the interview the supervisor said that the general manager would like to interview me. Ten minutes later I had an interview with the GM and he asked me only one question "Why Best Buy?". I told him my previous retail job did not have room for growth and I believe working at BB would give me the opportunity to grow and expand within the company while providing excellent customer service. He asked if I had any questions so i asked "what is the work culture/environment and what is a typical day like" " I also asked what is his expectations of his employees like". I asked the basic question because employers like it when you asked questions. Few minuted later, he told me congratulation and welcome to the team. I asked what to expect from here on. He said expect an email from HR to accept the job then a list of location to do a drug test and then report for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any room for negotiation. $11/hr

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. One on the phone. One with a supervisor and the last interview was with the store manager. The phone interview consisted of "Why would you like to work at Best Buy?" type questions and the other two interviews were more aimed at your ethical choices and interest in the department for which you applied.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond. Q: Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team.   Answer Question