Best Buy

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Westland, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in when they were conducting open interviews had my initial interview there, submitted my application when I got home and had another interview with the store manager a couple of days after that.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – 2 interviews one with a manager and another one with a gm

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the other applicants   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no because i had no experience

Topsham, ME

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Two behavioral interviews with management.

Interview Question – How would I sell something I know nothing about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possible (within 70 cents/hour)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saint Matthews, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Somewhat unorganized. Its a four step process that begins with passing the online personality screening moving on to a phone screening that if passed at the discretion of the hiring manager they will schedule for an in person interview. should you make it past his round you will be passed on to the department supervisor and ultimately the store General Manager for the final say.

Interview Question – What is the biggest threat to retail business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty quick and easy if they really want you.

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty straight forward, you have three interviews: One Phone Interview, One Interview with the manager, and the last is with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Most Questions are behavioral questions, like what would you do if you were faced with a difficult customer or tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2010.

Interview Details – A call from HR for a phone interview a few days after online application... interview a week later and an offer on spot

Interview Question – Name a time you have resolved a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer on spot $10/hr

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. First you talk to the manager to the department you are applying to. Regular retail questions such as "When you had a particularly difficult customer, how did you handle it?" and other such questions regarding working as a team and making sure you have good customer skills. They are looking for people who have a passion for the department, or technology in general, the willingness and ability to work as a team, and good people interaction skills. The rest of the stuff (product knowledge etc) they don't care so much about as it can be and will be taught.

Same goes for the second interview which is with the store general manager. They will ask similar questions to the first interview, looking for people who are excited to work for BestBuy that they won't have to just replace in a few months time.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I had was "How many quarters would you have to stack to reach the top of the Empire State Building?" I told him I honestly didn't know, but then I took out my phone and googled the height of the Empire, the height of a quarter on it's side, and then divided the one by the other. He was looking for how I would handle a question about something I didn't know about, whether I would try to figure it out for myself, ask him the answer, or just admit to not knowing.

I figured it out for myself, and he admitted that I was the first person to actually look it up. It was probably the most fun in an interview I have had in a long time.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you that you will be hired for whichever position (full time, part time, seasonal) and that you have a starting wage set amount. I thought my offer was fair, so I didn't try to negotiate a higher pay rate. Other people may have tried.

Very Easy Interview

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Interview Details – just be yourself and give the examples of you helping customers in the past. try and relate to the interviewer on a personal level.

Interview Question – none, it was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation i started at $9

Best Buy Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – Interview questions were all behavioral. You have to apply online, then you will get a call for the 1st interview and the 2nd in person. Interview was easy.

Interview Question – The interviewer can throw you off expecting to answer questions wrong.   View Answer

Best Buy Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details – mostly questions on what have you done right? how can you help the customer?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Best Buy Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.