Best Buy Canada

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Question – How has technology changed my life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Very Easy Interview

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
- Tell me about yourself
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What can you tell me about your experience...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low.
I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Interview Question – Why Best Buy   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Computer Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume, and you'll get a job. They will hire anyone with a pulse. Your biggest hurdle will just be the first online interview, which asks you some stupid questions like, "do you laugh at comedians who make fun of the audience." answer no to that one, cause the system will kick you out if you answer yes.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions, the toughest being LP related, but even then it was nothing. As long as you don't show up high or drunk, they'll give you a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, and got screwed in the long run. Make sure you have a number going in, because they won't argue with you if it's reasonable.

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Mobile Sales Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details – They consider your past mobile and sales experience. Had to go through 3 interviews (phone, manager, GM) until hired. Your immediate manager will dictate how your job experience will be like. The phone interview went accordingly, however the department manager made me wait approximately 90 minutes before they saw me. If all goes well with the department manager, the GM interview is essentially a quick 5 minute casual conversation so be more prepared for the second interview.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a higher base wage by using my past mobile and sales experience as leverage.

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Technician Interview

Technician
Markham, ON (Canada)

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – Three steps of interview. First, phone interview, talked about how you think BestBuy and what you expect from BestBuy. Secondly, face to face interview with team lead. Asked about yourself, experience and back ground. Finally, interview with GM. Some repeat question from the second interview. But need more detail explanation of scenario.

Interview Question – Typical question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online about 3 days ago and got a call this morning. Did a telephone interview, and got scheduled for a in store interview. Went in a spoke to the hiring manager and the GM the same day.

They ask you ethical questions such as you see your manager stealing, what would you do? Answer tell upper management no matter what!

Just be yourself, and answer the questions truthfully.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a customer who is upset at the service he has received in the past?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. The normal retail questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "Tell my about a time when you gave good customer service" Tell my about a time when you received good customer service" etc.

Interview Question – When was a time where you were unable to fulfill a commitment that you had made?   Answer Question

Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in January 2010.

Interview Details – Only got an interview because I knew someone already working there. They asked about my availability. They asked about my experience working in a team. Talk about a time when you were in conflict. If you saw a fellow employee taking a chocolate bar and they said they would pay for it later, would you tell anyone?

Interview Question – "Sell this pen to me"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating if you're a student. $11 is $11.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy Canada

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy Canada interview questions and advice in Canada. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy Canada employees and interview candidates.