Best Buy Canada

61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Environment Support Analyst Interview

Environment Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in August 2014.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview followed by 2 in person interview. It was straitforward interview, explaining my background experience, school, how I overcame challenges, and some of projects I have done. Finished with technical test, and also simple technical test over the phone.

Interview Question – Situational Question, for example, if something happened to the server what would you do,etc   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2014.

Interview Details – Three steps in the interview Process, first being a interview on the phone, the next being a simple interview in person and the final step being a interview with a senior sales rep. the final interview reviews questions from the second and goes into detail with what would you do in this scenario questions.

Interview Question – Many questions about how you would deal with employee shoplifting if you were the owner   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Computer Sales Associate
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2013.

Interview Details – Standard review process, I met with different managers and talked about my previous experience and what I could bring to the company. I'd recommend doing some research about the company to make you seem more interested and involved. Be relaxed and think positive it shows when you're doing the interview process.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked anything difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was standardized at my store but very fair in my opinion

Online Category Manager Interview

Online Category Manager

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone. They were trying to gauge my interest in the position and my general qualifications. Second interview was with site managers. Questions centered around giving examples of how I used the job's required skills in the past. Third interview was with the VP of Ecommerce, where I walked through my resume. He seemed more interested in my motivations than he did in my qualifications.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard, there was a short phone interview after which they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. I initially interviewed with a Senior Merchandise Manager who asked me what I would call pretty standard interview questions, a second interview followed that one with a Director of Merchandising which again was mostly standard questions but also felt more like a conversation versus reading off a sheet of questions.

Interview Question – How has technology changed my life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was an entry position which I had little to now experience for

Very Easy Interview

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick. I was contact by Best Buy HR had a brief conversation regarding the role. Following I met with a director. Interviewer was friendly and transparent with the job role. Explained to me the career path and the possible routes. Ultimately the position did not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward no real surprises.
- Tell me about yourself
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What can you tell me about your experience...
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low.
I likely would have pursued the position otherwise.

Interviewed at Best Buy Canada

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with the manager, one with a senior manager and HR in two of the interviews. They were quicker than most to respond to my resume and cover letter. I found the process to be open and knew what to expect with each additional interview.

Interview Question – Why Best Buy   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Computer Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume, and you'll get a job. They will hire anyone with a pulse. Your biggest hurdle will just be the first online interview, which asks you some stupid questions like, "do you laugh at comedians who make fun of the audience." answer no to that one, cause the system will kick you out if you answer yes.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions, the toughest being LP related, but even then it was nothing. As long as you don't show up high or drunk, they'll give you a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, and got screwed in the long run. Make sure you have a number going in, because they won't argue with you if it's reasonable.

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Mobile Sales Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details – They consider your past mobile and sales experience. Had to go through 3 interviews (phone, manager, GM) until hired. Your immediate manager will dictate how your job experience will be like. The phone interview went accordingly, however the department manager made me wait approximately 90 minutes before they saw me. If all goes well with the department manager, the GM interview is essentially a quick 5 minute casual conversation so be more prepared for the second interview.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a higher base wage by using my past mobile and sales experience as leverage.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview:

Basic questions regarding your resume and background. They really want to know your interests here to potentially stage you in a specific department.

Managerial Interview:

Basic questions regarding resume and background again, but brief summary this time. Asks a lot of questions regarding team behaviour. (e.g, How to handle a difficult teammate / customer). Aside from that, they really want to make sure you are a team player and empathetic to customers.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen? (The pen the manager was using).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It really depends on experience, but you can definitely get past minimum wage. Most people I knew got past minimum wage.

Worked for Best Buy Canada? Contribute to the Community!