Best Buy Canada Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

took 1 week to get the phone interview. asked why work at best buy, define good CS. then scheduled an office interview. the whole process was not difficult, normal questions. dress properly. no suits recommended.

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

i got a call from the store to come in and have a interview with the mobile lead, she asked me the basic questions, about my interests, why i chose best buy, what i was currently doing, why the mobile department. once i had gotten through the interview process with her i was passed off to the store manager who then asked me a couple of questions that were similar to the ones with the mobile lead but before he said i had gotten the job asked me to sell him a phone to get a sense of my sales technique.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you had a tough time closing a sale, and how did you deal with it ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for customer service job and received a call from Best Buy for my phone interview call. Then I was invited at store for my 1 on 1 interview. When I went over there I was told that I have been misinformed about the position. As they were hiring for Sales Representative not for Customer Service Representative. I even showed them the email I received from them. But they still ignored about it. Then they told me that If I want I can give interview for Sales Representative. I agreed on doing that. As I was being interviewed by one of their supervisor in their Manager's room. He was constantly checking his phone while I was answering for all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1, What do you want to work at Best Buy ? Q2. How will you deal with customer who are here at Best Buy ? Q3 Suppose you're General Manager and you saw on your security camera that one of your staff (cashier) took $5 dollars from the till (cash register machine) ? What will you do ? Q4 Tell me what you do or did on your present or past job ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview that happened 7 days after I submitted my resume. It was very standard questions around availability and past jobs. Then there was a face to face interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave great customer service, what was the outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate a wage

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 4 days later with a brief phone interview, asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at best buy? and some availability questions as well. At the end of the phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview 2 days later, met with a supervisor, who went through a booklet of questions which was quite thorough, took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, was then set up for a final interview with the general manager, who asked alot of the same questions, was hired on the spot at the end of that interview.

Home Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy they needed workers during the switch over from FS to BB. I applied through a third party website, got a call and interview the same date. One on one with the Sales Manager. Very basic questions. Hired on the spot, started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BB?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Manager called me in for an interview within 2 hours of applying. She asked very easy questions and even said that i have a job offer but I just need to meet with the GM. The GM interview was a few days later and it lasted about 5 minutes. Pretty much a repeat of the first interview. He said he'd give me a call the next week. I recieved no call.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a goal you set and achieved - Tell me how you deal with time pressures   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ancaster, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was relatively seamless and convenient, called in on very short notice and had to call a favour just to make it. Questions were basic and general, lots of professionalism. However, this mostly applied to in person. Phone calls had generally noisy backgrounds, I had to wait nearly half an hour before I could actually be interviewed (and I made it there early!) and interestingly enough, I had to be interviewed twice before I made it in. Generally a not-very-well organized but professional process.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to work with someone who refused to co-operate? How did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but ask about proper training, benefits, support options and hours! I work 20+ hours a week and I'm only part time! Training is also very minimal, with the rule book being more like a "general recommendations brochure", so ask lots of questions!

Assistant Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

I saw the posting online and thus submitted my resume and cover letter. In a few days I was contacted for an interview at CHQ by HR. Some general questions were: Why would you want to work for Best Buy? How can you contribute to this company? etc... I received another call a few days later and a director interviewed me. He asked me some inventory and behavioral questions. The interview ended an hour later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation